Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

After Further Review

Well, if the Vikes didn't convince him to retire, losing his two starting guards, starting safety, nickel back and dime back, and potentially losing his starting tight end and starting DE and backup RB may do it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

After Further Review

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    LOL, Caine...how am I starting trouble? I was very nice and respectful when you guys were all in absolute torment, and I honestly wanted to see if you guys were coming to grips with it or if you were still angry.

And, anytime you'd like, I'd love to talk about my "disintegrating" team. It's going to be a much different and struggling team in the short run, but better, I think, in the long run.
    Respectful?!?!?! The sarcasm was so thick, I had to wipe off my screen TWICE.

Lots up in the air right now. A lot rides on who does what in Free Agency (So far, all Green Bay has done is release people...we, at least, added one) and how well each team drafts (I'm pulling for another Mandrich Draft :cheese: ).

Until then, all we have is empty sermonizing and hollow bravado...on both sides.

Meanwhile, the Bears are quietly assembling an Offense, and Detroit is trying like hades to put the wheels back on their go-cart. Isn't it a great time to be a football fan?

Caine

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

After Further Review

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Well, if the Vikes didn't convince him to retire, losing his two starting guards, starting safety, nickel back and dime back, and potentially losing his starting tight end and starting DE and backup RB may do it.
    :shock: are you guys really that screwed?

After Further Review

Well, the new GM isn't into keeping guys around at an inflated salary. Depends on your definition of screwed. I think we have a down year or two, but he's building towards a five-year plan, instead of keeping the average players around, regardless of cost.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

After Further Review

"Caine" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    LOL, Caine...how am I starting trouble? I was very nice and respectful when you guys were all in absolute torment, and I honestly wanted to see if you guys were coming to grips with it or if you were still angry.
    Respectful?!?!?! The sarcasm was so thick, I had to wipe off my screen TWICE.
    Caine, Caine, Caine....

I have been preaching the Viking advantage of trading Moss on this board since December 2003. I have always said it would make you a better team, and I still think it will in the long run.

If he was going to be traded, you should have traded him after 2003, when he wasn't getting into trash talking with TO, pulling down his pants, and getting injured. You would have come away with Harris and two firsts instead of one.

You'll never replace the individual talent that Moss brings. But the Patriots don't have any exceptional athletes on their team, and they've won three out of four Super Bowls.

You watch. Moss helps you win battles. But you won't win the war.

As a Viking hater but a mild fan of some of their fans, I think you'll see that this wasn't a bad deal for you, despite what Skip Bayless "thinks". If you think I'm razzing you guys. you're nuts. I feel almost betraying my Packer roots by telling you guys you're going to be better, and possibly better than my team next year as a result of this trade.

And, if I broached the subject of "moving on" too early, I apologize. But if you think I was posting it to irritate you, Caine, t'wasn't the reason.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

After Further Review

If Derrick Johnson is still there and we pick him up (and it now looks like Cleveland's gonna grab him) than I'm still pissed about this trade.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

After Further Review

I don't know how anyone could be happy about it except Raider fans.

It is and was out of our control so all you can say is I have moved on.

I keep going back to grieving though, sometimes I can't believe he is gone. It won't be until next season that it will hit me for sure, and most everyone else here too. When we see the Purple and Gold out there on the field and we are use to seeing the no. 84 making plays, it will hurt again. When we see highlights of the late afternoon game in OAK-town and there is no. 18 catching multiple TDs, it will hurt again also.

And even though I have the hope of a new identity in this team and see the possibilities of aquiring new players to fall in love with every Sunday, right now it is only that hope of the future that makes me feel good about it. If I can call it good. There was no need for the trade to happen.

I haven't heard one Viking say that they wanted him gone.

Claiborne was on NFL Total access the other day and he said, Moss wasn't that big of a distraction and if there were any distractions, they were definitely minor and his play out weighed them.

This trade was a personal vendetta from our ORG against Randy, that is the only way I can explain it. It wasn't about Money, it was personal.

I think Skip Bayless was right. Moss was screaming our for discipline and our staff wouldn't give it to him. It was because we had a lax coach (and Red who hired that coach) that Randy had a bad enough attitude that we had to let him go.

KY Vike is offline Starter

After Further Review

yea skip bayless, even though i hate him, speaks the truth.
    2 Most Favorite Things:
    1) Minnesota Vikings
    2) Kentucky Basketball. Yeah Baby!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

After Further Review

"JDogg926" wrote:
    You can't tell for sure until you see a couple things:

1. What FA's we sign.
    2. How our offense does next year.
    3. How good Napoleon Harris plays next year.
    4. How many games we win next year.
    About the Moss trade itself, the only thing that matters and is directly related is how well Nap does next year. ALL the other items are things we could have changed with Moss still on OUR Roster. That is what hurts.

KY Vike is offline Starter

After Further Review

don't forget that #7...we could package the two 1st rounders and get a superstar RB in cedric or linebacker DJ
    2 Most Favorite Things:
    1) Minnesota Vikings
    2) Kentucky Basketball. Yeah Baby!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast