singersp is offline PPO Newshound

After the Dust Settles - Still Alive

[size=13pt]After the Dust Settles[/size]

12/24/2007

By Josh Fiedler
    vikings.com

Sunday’s loss to Washington was not exactly what I had in mind when friends and family asked me what was going to happen against the Redskins....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: After the Dust Settles - Still Alive

I'm not counting on it. Just go beat the Broncos.

I thought we would go 6-10 again. Going 8-8 or maybe 9-7 is a nice improvement. Next year the Vikings can contend for the NFC North. We need a great offseason, draft, and training camp, and of course better coaching and execution next season. I think this football club has a solid foundation for the future. The Vikings are ready to roll.

Go Vikings!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Well Santa didn't give us the easy shoe-in to the play-offs, but he gave us a exciting season that if you refleckt on you will have to admit was pretty good so far. We are still a possible playoff team, and the new year brings us alot to look forward to. Let's beat the Broncos and let the cards fall were they may, as we've done a little better than even my opptimistic self thought we would have.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I am not going to label this a successful campaign because I predicted a 9-7 finish. I thought we would snag a playoff spot at the start. So anything less IMO is a failure.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfargo" wrote:

I thought we would go 6-10 again. Going 8-8 or maybe 9-7 is a nice improvement. Next year the Vikings can contend for the NFC North. We need a great offseason, draft, and training camp, and of course better coaching and execution next season. I think this football club has a solid foundation for the future. The Vikings are ready to roll.
    I'm not going to go that far, the Vikings have always been masters of raising expectations late in the season only to tank the next year.
    Not saying you can't get excited but don't expect it outright or you'll be depressed when they don't come through.

Peterson08 is offline Rookie

the Dallas offensive starters mite not play long, but I hope Brad J and the Dallas d do enuff for them 2 win, and then I hope we can do our part.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Well....again I ask this question....To What End?? We clearly showed against the Redskins that we are NOT a playoff calliber team right now. Sure...if we somehow back into the playoffs I will be excited but I am still upset for many reasons that the team could not go out (AT HOME) and win the biggest game of the season, showing the rest of the NFL and all of us that the playoff run wasn't a fluke and that it was deserved.

Now we can't seem to even find a way to play consistant...make plays....beat an 8 man front (We have seen for weeks now) or make any adjustments in a game to defensive scheems until the half...or already trailing by double digits. Our QB is still being forced into 3rd and long...still making bad decisions with the ball....still has no idea when to throw hard or soft (NO TOUCH) and our use of AD and C.Tay remains un-imaginative and predictable.

So....if we get in where would we go?? Out first round anyways most likely. Unless things listed above change by Sunday you can expect yet another loss at Mile High.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Schutz" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

I'm not going to go that far, the Vikings have always been masters of raising expectations late in the season only to tank the next year.
    Not saying you can't get excited but don't expect it outright or you'll be depressed when they don't come through.
    Seems that in the most recent past they started out pretty damn good and fizzled in the second half.

2004: Coming off their sudden late season collapse the Vikings would again get off to a strong start winning 5 of their first 6 games
    2003: The Vikings started the season with a renewed purpose winning their first 6 games which included an impressive 30-25 win in Week 1 over the Green Bay Packers
    2000: The Vikings begin a new era with a new QB turning to 2nd year Daunte Culpepper after failing to resign Jeff George and Randall Cunningham. Culpepper would have a stellar season passing for 3,937 yards as Vikings won their first 7 and 11 of their first 13,
    http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...a/vikings.html

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

With all respect to everyone, we are still alive but we've yet to stop the 9 in the box. TJACK cannot, will not win a game for us. It's apperant that any pressure makes him regress to High School like passing. I like the guy. I wish he will hit the next level but he looks like he will not make the jump to this level. I have never seen a QB look this bad. Never. I think back to Leaf, Carter and Smith but I cannot remember them looking this bad. We can blame it on his WR but honestly it's not them forcing him to jump pass the ball. We can blame it on the line but our line cannot block 6 - 7 coming off the line. Have our coaches thought about going 4 wide? to keep them honest?

I hope we invest in a good Qb to come in and keep the defense off of the run game. I know the McNabb comment has been talked about to death but, I think Mcnabb would be a great influence on Tjack. He will allow Tjack to sit and work on his Mechanics and knowlege of the playbook. We will then have a QB who has done so much without a Star WR. At this point TJAck is the worst starting Qb in the league and couldn't start on some SEC teams. I miss the high offense teams when we didn't have a good coach or defense. Damn you Red McCombs. Damn you to helllllllllll.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Can we hear it for the COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!"

;D

Let's kick some skin butt!