Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

After the Dust Settles - 10/27/08

[size=13pt]After the Dust Settles[/size]

10/27/2008

By Josh Fiedler
    vikings.com

Last week I gave a fairly honest assessment of my feelings as to where this team is sitting at its quasi-halfway point...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: After the Dust Settles - 10/27/08

Now that was an excellent read and a damn good analysis.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

The Vikings have allowed three punt returns for a touchdown while only one other team, the Chiefs, have allowed more than one. Grade: C.
    The author gives the Vikings' special teams a C grade?

The Vikings special teams have been awful.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

A good read and analysis and one comment there did surprise me
    In ’07 the team was a well-documented dead last in pass defense giving up 264 yards per game—this year they are ranked 19th and are allowing 219.
    Surprising the things that do slip by at times without comment. As he says they have improved on that and, of course, we still have half of the season to go but the improvement is there. However if we do end up with the Williams's out for four games then that pass ranking could slip quickly.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    In ’07 the team was a well-documented dead last in pass defense giving up 264 yards per game—this year they are ranked 19th and are allowing 219.
    Surprising the things that do slip by at times without comment. As he says they have improved on that and, of course, we still have half of the season to go but the improvement is there. However if we do end up with the Williams's out for four games then that pass ranking could slip quickly.
    Some of us are tired of pointing things like that out as it is a waste of time my friend.

Fire Childress.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Some of us are tired of pointing things like that out as it is a waste of time my friend.

Fire Childress.
    ;D
    I know ppl inside the organization say fans have no idea what they are talking about and yadda yadda yadda.. but you ever wonder that sometimes the coaches should listen to the fans that have sense or just listen to the media or somebody other than their own ego's and try and correct something or even jsut take a different approach if something isn't working??

I mean! if i'm hollering at a girl with the same line over and over again and get turned down 100 times you'd think i'd get a new line!!...

i just don't understand why it takes coaches months or even seasons to fix something or be more creative when fans have been saying it for years but still stay the coarse...

it's hard heads like that that dont' stay in jobs very long imo!!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

Fire Childress.
    ;D
    I know ppl inside the organization say fans have no idea what they are talking about and yadda yadda yadda.. but you ever wonder that sometimes the coaches should listen to the fans that have sense or just listen to the media or somebody other than their own ego's and try and correct something or even jsut take a different approach if something isn't working??

I mean! if i'm hollering at a girl with the same line over and over again and get turned down 100 times you'd think i'd get a new line!!...

i just don't understand why it takes coaches months or even seasons to fix something or be more creative when fans have been saying it for years but still stay the coarse...

LOL.
    If a HC ever starts listening to the fans he needs to be fired.

None of us (with maybe the exception of maybe Del) have even the faintest clue about how things run at the
    NFL level no matter how much we read or try to learn through the limited assets we have at our disposal.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

Fire Childress.
    ;D

LOL.

None of us (with maybe the exception of maybe Del) have even the faintest clue about how things run at the
    NFL level no matter how much we read or try to learn through the limited assets we have at our disposal.
    i know but still... i feel like 90% of the time i bitch about something i'm right!!!!
    so at the least they could listen to me!!!

;D

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

Fire Childress.
    ;D

LOL.

i know but still... i feel like 90% of the time i beeyatch about something i'm right!!!!

;D
    LOL, now your just cracking me up.
    Every self respecting fan knows deep down in his or her heart that he knows more than the HC and is right all the time.
    ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=48794.msg859072#msg859072 date=1225270939]

Fire Childress.

;D

LOL.

i know but still... i feel like 90% of the time i beeyatch about something i'm right!!!!

;D
    LOL, now your just cracking me up.
    Every self respecting fan knows deep down in his or her heart that he knows more than the HC and is right all the time.

;D
    [/quote]

We're not ??? ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast