Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AD's durability

MNgriff is offline Rookie

Re: AD's durability

"gagarr" wrote:
    Let's just stop talking about AD's durability.
    If it happens it happens, but expecting it is just silly.
    So far he's hit hard and is still going hard.
    Emmitt Smith was a pounder and he had a long career.

Maybe once AD isn't needed to win the games single handed, he will run out of bounds occasionally, won't leap over defenders, and won't punish safeties.
    But until that day comes, he has to or there won't be any more W's
    You assume too much. Take a look at video of AD on youtube and you'll see that he's run the exact same way from day one. All this talk about how his upright running will shorten his career is BS. Look at how he lowers and squares his frame at the point of attack. Does he wait for a safety to cut his legs out on the sideline? NO WAY, he cuts it back upfield and makes some of the hardest hitters pay for him not getting a TD. I saw a clip of him where he lowered his head and knocked the guy on his ass instead of running out. He will get injured just because of the nature of the job but that has nothing to do with his style.
    Skol

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    It took Robert Smith 2 knee injuries before he finally got it.
    How many did it take Terry Allen?

Both his knees were replaced & he kept on a running.

(Is this the jinx thread of all jinx threads?)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Schutz" wrote:
    I find it funny coming from people (especially Packers fans) that somehow after AP runs for all these yards have come to the conclusion that AP is probably going to fall over dead within 4 games.
    Come on, you can't predict injury, so just enjoy him out there (unless you're a jealous hater from some other team) and we'll worry a bout an injury when it comes.
    LOL!

I have read a few of your posts today and like 'em!

Great posts and keep them coming!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    You're right...You can't worry about this stuff as a fan or a player. Walter Peyton rarely went out of bounds and he was one of the most durable backs (Rarely Hurt) that ever played. I am more worried about T.jacks durability. He doesn't seem to be able to take a hit very well....at least at this point in his career.

Cheers!
    Look at the era.. how many turf games did Walter play? What was the average size of an NFL linebacker?

You point to Dallas.. I will point to a HOF line that saved years on his career. You point to Sander, how many big hits did the little feller ever really take.

Now go look at Bo Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Terrel Davis, Shaun Alexander, Edge James, Ahman Green, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis.. they have a limited window of playing without sustaining a career shortening injury.. speed and size of today's players are different.. Running backs take a ton of hits..

Look and LJ yesterday... that ankle didn't look good.. it can strike anytime.. so don't kid yourselves, the Vikes front office is looking at the window of time that AP is going to be in his prime.. win one while you can.

PS> that is why I was pissed at the Packers front office this year, franchise QB's don't come along everyday.. win while you can.
    You are such a Packer Homer.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    You're right...You can't worry about this stuff as a fan or a player. Walter Peyton rarely went out of bounds and he was one of the most durable backs (Rarely Hurt) that ever played. I am more worried about T.jacks durability. He doesn't seem to be able to take a hit very well....at least at this point in his career.

Cheers!
    Look at the era.. how many turf games did Walter play? What was the average size of an NFL linebacker?

You point to Dallas.. I will point to a HOF line that saved years on his career. You point to Sander, how many big hits did the little feller ever really take.

Now go look at Bo Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Terrel Davis, Shaun Alexander, Edge James, Ahman Green, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis.. they have a limited window of playing without sustaining a career shortening injury.. speed and size of today's players are different.. Running backs take a ton of hits..

Look and LJ yesterday... that ankle didn't look good.. it can strike anytime.. so don't kid yourselves, the Vikes front office is looking at the window of time that AP is going to be in his prime.. win one while you can.

PS> that is why I was pissed at the Packers front office this year, franchise QB's don't come along everyday.. win while you can.
    You are such a Packer Homer.

=Z=
    You actually have to catch AP to hurt him.
    He's on a different plain right now.

Did anyone else just catch what tony Kornholer of M.N.F had to say during the halftime show? During one segment, I believe it was "Pardon the Interuption," when posed the question of whether or not Peterson was the best back in the league, He replied that he wasn't so sure and "WHY DID SEVEN OTHER TEAMS PASS ON HIM?" He did not ask this increduosly, like "How could those teams be so stupid?" He asked it like all those teams "Know" something that the 'Vikes don't. It was kind-of a smart-aleck question (in my opinion). Anyway, I hate Kornholer
    Tuco the world.....

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsMB" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote]
    "pack93z" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

And another fact is, on many runs of AD's, he's being taken down by safeties and CB's......Not much of a beating he's recieving there.

I really don't see why so many are worried for him or his health.
    He is a strong tuff kid, and
    and he's doing a fine job of holding his own if you ask me.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

NFL Total Access examines Adrian Peterson's success this season and predict how much longer it will last......

[size=13pt]NFLTA: Adrian Peterson discussion[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

The nature of a NFL runner is a short carreer. You cannot concern yourself with injury, they just happen. We have a young guy that runs real hard and all the exerts wonder about his durability. I think our coaching staff knows how to rotate AP and CT, keeping each fresh takes away some potential for injury, but if your afraid of getting hurt.... why even go out your door in the morning?

Right now Adrian is doing all the hurting, along with that group of maulers we have for a O-line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12