Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD's durability

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

AD's durability

Let's just stop talking about AD's durability.
    If it happens it happens, but expecting it is just silly.
    So far he's hit hard and is still going hard.
    Emmitt Smith was a pounder and he had a long career.

Maybe once AD isn't needed to win the games single handed, he will run out of bounds occasionally, won't leap over defenders, and won't punish safeties.
    But until that day comes, he has to or there won't be any more W's
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: AD's durability

It took Robert Smith 2 knee injuries before he finally got it.

Frostbite is offline Coach

You're right...You can't worry about this stuff as a fan or a player. Walter Peyton rarely went out of bounds and he was one of the most durable backs (Rarely Hurt) that ever played. I am more worried about T.jacks durability. He doesn't seem to be able to take a hit very well....at least at this point in his career.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Frostbite" wrote:
    You're right...You can't worry about this stuff as a fan or a player. Walter Peyton rarely went out of bounds and he was one of the most durable backs (Rarely Hurt) that ever played. I am more worried about T.jacks durability. He doesn't seem to be able to take a hit very well....at least at this point in his career.

Cheers!
    amen

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

"gagarr" wrote:
    Let's just stop talking about AD's durability.
    If it happens it happens, but expecting it is just silly.
    So far he's hit hard and is still going hard.
    Emmitt Smith was a pounder and he had a long career.

Maybe once AD isn't needed to win the games single handed, he will run out of bounds occasionally, won't leap over defenders, and won't punish safeties.
    But until that day comes, he has to or there won't be any more W's
    ???

Frostbite is offline Coach

"snowinapril" wrote:
    It took Robert Smith 2 knee injuries before he finally got it.

Yes.....and he retired early....after having one of his best seasons. You have to think that he was wondering about further damage he might get from the pounding he was taking every year, especially with his Medical background.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    Look at the era.. how many turf games did Walter play? What was the average size of an NFL linebacker?

You point to Dallas.. I will point to a HOF line that saved years on his career. You point to Sander, how many big hits did the little feller ever really take.

Now go look at Bo Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Terrel Davis, Shaun Alexander, Edge James, Ahman Green, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis.. they have a limited window of playing without sustaining a career shortening injury.. speed and size of today's players are different.. Running backs take a ton of hits..

Look and LJ yesterday... that ankle didn't look good.. it can strike anytime.. so don't kid yourselves, the Vikes front office is looking at the window of time that AP is going to be in his prime.. win one while you can.

PS> that is why I was pissed at the Packers front office this year, franchise QB's don't come along everyday.. win while you can.

VikingQuest83 is offline Training Camp

The only people who should worry about getting hurt are the ones tackling AD

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I find it funny coming from people (especially Packers fans) that somehow after AP runs for all these yards have come to the conclusion that AP is probably going to fall over dead within 4 games.
    Come on, you can't predict injury, so just enjoy him out there (unless you're a jealous hater from some other team) and we'll worry a bout an injury when it comes.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    I find it funny coming from people (especially Packers fans) that somehow after AP runs for all these yards have come to the conclusion that AP is probably going to fall over dead within 4 games.
    Come on, you can't predict injury, so just enjoy him out there (unless you're a jealous hater from some other team) and we'll worry a bout an injury when it comes.
    Don't mistake, I want to see him have a long glorious career, I was a huge Sanders fan as well, but only looking at the numbers and averages when it comes to career length. Correct, no one can predict an injury, but studies conclude the law of averages. Won't it be wise to play that law?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast