singersp is offline PPO Newshound

AD's competition for MVP? Peyton Manning

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Verdict: Peterson's remarkable recovery should counteract potential losing season but unlikely to sway voters who measure value by playoff berths.
    I don't believe in either of those as justification for MVP.

If AD wins the MVP, it should be based solely on what he did on the field this year (and he's certainly getting that done) & past injuries for him Peyton & others shouldn't influence the decision. Save the miraculous comeback aspects for the "Comeback Player of the Year" award where it belongs. He should win that one hands down.

I also don't believe making it to the playoffs should weigh heavy into it either. A offensive player can have an outstanding season & his team not make the playoffs because the rest of his team was average or their defense kept them from making it in.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-17-2012 at 08:37 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    to understand how important for a team someone is. take them away and see how they do.

look @ the colts last year.

the vikings live and die 90% of the time on peterson. i'm glad we see him get more touches in the 2nd half, i'm glad the OL is creating the wholes they are, i'm thrilled AP is a viking and will be for years to come.

as for being MVP? really is there even a question. the colts replaced manning with luck.
    there is no one to replace AD

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    In this the era of the QB, someone playing another position is going to have to have a record breaking type season to beat out a QB. That's just the way it is. If we went 11-5 or 12-4 and AP approached 2000, then yeah I think he'd be the MVP front runner, but we'll be lucky to finish 8-8 and AP only has 7 TD's. Backs that have won the MVP in the past have usually been over 20 TD's.

Hell AP might not even win the rushing title this year because I have a feeling we'll be trailing a lot in our final 6 games and that might make him not much of a factor in any of those games. It would be pretty cool if he won though, he deserves it, but barring a complete meltdown, I think everyone's darling Peyton Manning has a lock on MVP this year. And you can forget about comeback player of the year too, because Manning is going to take that from AP as well.