Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TheVike1 is offline Rookie

Re: Adrian wins Maxwell Awrard for MVP of NFL

The reaaaaal MVP went to Manning tho!
    Can t believe how slighted AP was!
    Not even 2 or 3 but Turner?????????
    Hope he uses this as JUUICE to tell all of em here s how I really play Go Sokl Vikes!!!!!!!!
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I just noticed the typo in the topic. lol
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    I just noticed the typo in the topic. lol
    haha good catch...I never noticed until you pointed it out

ADMVP is offline Waterboy

How did someone like Turner who has less yards and a worse average ypc than AD get more votes than him. Its bizare. Matt ryan and roddy white have also helped in atlanta. Peterson was carrying this offence with frerotte at the helm. AD should have been at least second.
    T-Jack + AD + B2 + D-line + Toine = SUPERBOWL!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ADMVP" wrote:
    How did someone like Turner who has less yards and a worse average ypc than AD get more votes than him. Its bizare. Matt ryan and roddy white have also helped in atlanta. Peterson was carrying this offence with frerotte at the helm. AD should have been at least second.
    He scored 17 TD's for his team compared to AD's 10 TD's & had 3 fumbles compared to AD's 9.

There was less than 4 yards per game difference between the two.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ADMVP is offline Waterboy

all yards per game means is that he got the ball more times in games. Turner has more carries and less yards than AD. I just can see how you can win mvp when its debatable if you are the mvp of your team (Matt Ryan).
    Heres a good question, do you think that the vikings would be where they are now with turner?
    T-Jack + AD + B2 + D-line + Toine = SUPERBOWL!

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

unecuiovacably, no! sp?
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

"ADMVP" wrote:
    all yards per game means is that he got the ball more times in games. Turner has more carries and less yards than AD. I just can see how you can win mvp when its debatable if you are the mvp of your team (Matt Ryan).
    Heres a good question, do you think that the vikings would be where they are now with turner?
    in the same spot their at now , turner plays for the falcons
    :P

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"ADMVP" wrote:
    Agreed. And Adrian would have a hell of a lot more than 4 more yards a game if he had Matty Ice at the helm. Who is the most valuable to their team? What team would puts the game on the shoulders of one player who never fails and who independently wins games? Who doesn't have another guy on that team to carry it. What team is defined by that player.

Turner? With Matt Ryan at QB there are doubts that he isn't the most valuable on that offense let alone the league. Turner would be half as good as he's been with Tarvaris Jackson at the helm. Atlanta stats aside put the game on the shoulders of Matt Ryan.

Peyton? I don't think he is. Hes got Addai. That defense. Those receivers. Plus he's 6th in yards, 8th in yards per game, 5th in passer rating,
    5th in touchdowns. Come on. Indianapolis is not defined by Peyton.

Drew Brees? You can definately make a case. 1st in touchdowns, 1st in yards, 1st in yards per game, 4th in passer rating. 16 yards away from the record. Beats Peyton in every statistical category. was the heart and soul of that team especially with Reggie Bush injured, that crappy defense. Id say he makes a better case than Turner and Peyton but his team didn't make the playoffs so I understand.

Adrian Peterson? 1st in yards, 1st in yards per attempt, 1st in yards per game, less attempts than Turner, 8th in TDs. He did have more fumbles but thats a small scratch on a impervious set of armor. He's got Frerotte and Jackson at quarterback. Facing 8 in the box all year. Try that on Ryan and he beats you. Minnesota is defined by him. Put the game on his back cant say the same about Turner. He carried that team to the playoffs.
    I shocked I have to make this argument to Minnesota fans.

Adrian Peterson is my pick. Drew Brees is a close second if only he brought his team to the playoffs Id pick him. Adrian is the Vikings.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"ADMVP" wrote:
    Not really. We would probably be in the same spot. Trade a couple of APs long runs for turner not fumbling and we probably are in the same boat. Their numbers are almost identical, but turner has 7 more majors, and AP has 6 more fumbles. Also, Turner's long is 70 as APs is only 67.

Turner gets mroe mvp votes because he does more. We have CT for 3rd downs. Turner is the all the time back with norwood in every once in a while
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast