Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Adrian and Tarvaris for Air and Ground Players Of The Week

"ragz" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I don't know how he would play under the pressure of being down by points (which he has not been since he came of the bench in week 14) so it will be interesting to watch him in the next game.
    I knew it! Tarvaris couldn't lead us to a comeback victory when we're under by that many points and that late in the game. He just doesn't seem like the comeback guy. He performs great when he can relly on the ground game, but not when the team is down by points late in the game and he is forced to pass more.

Btw, he was GREAT on the run today. I think he even got more yards than Adrian lol!
    well how many qbs comeback from 17 points down in the 4th.
    the green bay game we were down by 3 scores too.
    like i said in another thread, he wasn't perfect in the 4th quarter, but thats asking alot.
    for us to have come back to tie that game you pretty much had to be perfect.
    kinda hard for me to think one way or the other on his comeback ablilities.
    not many examples, and the few were not exactly one score games.
    Yes, I know it's asking alot. I'm just saying that he is not the kind of QB that can win a game with a bad running game. If the defense had played as good as they did in the second half we wouldn't be down by so many points and I think we would have won.
    That's why it's so important for the Vikings to have a good defense. If we get too far behind, TJ will be forced to pass more and that's just too much for him to handle.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Not sure what some of you expect from Jackson.
    I thought he did everything he could to win this game.

From NFL.com
    Key stat
    The Vikings had numerous miscues on offense and special teams, losing four of seven fumbles. The Falcons capitalized by scoring 10 points off takeaways.

How the hell do we win losing 4 fumbles?
    Seriously

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

From NFL.com
    Key stat
    The Vikings had numerous miscues on offense and special teams, losing four of seven fumbles. The Falcons capitalized by scoring 10 points off takeaways.

Seriously
    Well, he was the direct cause of 2 of them so it could be said that we would have sttod a better chance of winning if he would take care of the ball. That goes for both of them

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

From NFL.com
    Key stat

Seriously
    Well, he was the direct cause of 2 of them so it could be said that we would have sttod a better chance of winning if he would take care of the ball. That goes for both of them
    I disagree, The one where the ball popped back like 30 yards wasn't that much of a problem IMO, he wanted to get the hell out of there avoiding a sack & the ball just flew away. What other fumble are you referring to? the bad snap? that was on Birk
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

From NFL.com
    Key stat

Seriously
    I disagree, The one where the ball popped back like 30 yards wasn't that much of a problem IMO, he wanted to get the hell out of there avoiding a sack & the ball just flew away. What other fumble are you referring to? the bad snap? that was on Birk
    QB always gets the stat for RB/QB exchange issues.
    The multiple times they showed the replay the ball was in the right place, AD just didn't pull it in and secure it.

The bad snap again should be all on Birk.
    What the hell was he thinking.
    Granted he can make a last second line call, that is his job, but he has to know that TJ will also make an adjustment.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

From NFL.com
    Key stat

Seriously
    The multiple times they showed the replay the ball was in the right place, AD just didn't pull it in and secure it.

Granted he can make a last second line call, that is his job, but he has to know that TJ will also make an adjustment.

yeah i only see one as TJ's fault.. and that one wasn't even so bad.. he was trying to make a move and noone was open.. he should have held the ball higher, but all in all, i'll take that one.. AD putting the ball on the carpet 3 times is just ridiculous...

Rambro is offline Rookie

"HEY" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I don't know how he would play under the pressure of being down by points (which he has not been since he came of the bench in week 14) so it will be interesting to watch him in the next game.
    I knew it! Tarvaris couldn't lead us to a comeback victory when we're under by that many points and that late in the game. He just doesn't seem like the comeback guy. He performs great when he can relly on the ground game, but not when the team is down by points late in the game and he is forced to pass more.

Btw, he was GREAT on the run today. I think he even got more yards than Adrian lol!
    like i said in another thread, he wasn't perfect in the 4th quarter, but thats asking alot.
    Yes, I know it's asking alot. I'm just saying that he is not the kind of QB that can win a game with a bad running game. If the defense had played as good as they did in the second half we wouldn't be down by so many points and I think we would have won.
    That's why it's so important for the Vikings to have a good defense. If we get too far behind, TJ will be forced to pass more and that's just too much for him to handle.
    After yesterdays game I believe he can handle it, he threw 36 times, and at one point he completed 11 passes in a row. If it weren't for all those stupid ass turnovers he might of had another 4 TD passing performance.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Rambro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

After yesterdays game I believe he can handle it, he threw 36 times, and at one point he completed 11 passes in a row. If it weren't for all those stupid jiggly butt turnovers he might of had another 4 TD passing performance.
    THANK YOU! +1
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

From NFL.com
    Key stat

Seriously

How do you know it was Birk's fault?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234