Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Adrian and Tarvaris for Air and Ground Players Of The Week

So the Vikings made a clean sweep in week 15.
    Both Tarvaris Jackson AND Adrian Peterson got the award, but to be honest, I looked at the game tape again today and I don't really think Tarvaris played that good.
    I'm not saying that he played bad, cause he did play very good, but not good enough to deserve the award IMO.

Maybe I was blinded by the satisfying feeling of dominating a good team like the Cardinals. Because I only saw T-Jack making four excellent throws (one to Berrian, one to Rice, and two to Bobby Wade) and the rest was pretty much short, easy checkdowns. Resulting in first downs mostly because of great YAC by Chester Taylor.

He was pretty bad on the run too, which should be more of a strength for him. When scrambling around in the backfield, it always resulted in an incomplete pass, a sack, or a pass for no gain. When trying to rush for yards, T-Jack either got tackled before he could reach the LOS or made a futile one yard gain.

He did a good game management though. He made a couple of risky passes, but he mostly played it safe and got us down the field by utilizing our best weapon = the running backs. Which is way better than trying too hard like he did in the opening games. I don't know how he would play under the pressure of being down by points (which he has not been since he came of the bench in week 14) so it will be interesting to watch him in the next game.

I hate saying this, but I regret that I voted for T-Jack. I guess, like I said; "I was blinded by the huge victory", plus I kinda wanted T-Jack to get the award since it could possibly be a confident booster for him.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

They both deserved it!

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"HEY" wrote:
    Both Tarvaris Jackson AND Adrian Peterson got the award, but to be honest, I looked at the game tape again today and I don't really think Tarvaris played that good.
    I'm not saying that he played bad, cause he did play very good, but not good enough to deserve the award IMO.

Maybe I was blinded by the satisfying feeling of dominating a good team like the Cardinals. Because I only saw T-Jack making four excellent throws (one to Berrian, one to Rice, and two to Bobby Wade) and the rest was pretty much short, easy checkdowns. Resulting in first downs mostly because of great YAC by Chester Taylor.

He was pretty bad on the run too, which should be more of a strength for him. When scrambling around in the backfield, it always resulted in an incomplete pass, a sack, or a pass for no gain. When trying to rush for yards, T-Jack either got tackled before he could reach the LOS or made a futile one yard gain.

He did a good game management though. He made a couple of risky passes, but he mostly played it safe and got us down the field by utilizing our best weapon = the running backs. Which is way better than trying too hard like he did in the opening games. I don't know how he would play under the pressure of being down by points (which he has not been since he came of the bench in week 14) so it will be interesting to watch him in the next game.

I hate saying this, but I regret that I voted for T-Jack. I guess, like I said; "I was blinded by the huge victory", plus I kinda wanted T-Jack to get the award since it could possibly be a confident booster for him.
    he was behind in the lions game...

LincolnVike is offline Rookie

"HEY" wrote:

I know it's just your opinion, but...

What criteria would you have for someone to win that kind of award?
    If a QB comes off the bench and throws 4 TD's in a game after sucking it up earlier in the season, i'd give it to him.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Jackson said he was surprised he got it too because he didn't throw for very many yards but was happy about it. Hopefully he's still that humble after the Super Bowl
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    I don't know how he would play under the pressure of being down by points (which he has not been since he came of the bench in week 14) so it will be interesting to watch him in the next game.
    I knew it! Tarvaris couldn't lead us to a comeback victory when we're under by that many points and that late in the game. He just doesn't seem like the comeback guy. He performs great when he can relly on the ground game, but not when the team is down by points late in the game and he is forced to pass more.

Btw, he was GREAT on the run today. I think he even got more yards than Adrian lol!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Wasn't his fault

We were down the whole game.. We had no run game the whole game

He isn't a Peyton Manning.. But he is good enough.. Had we not fumbled 7 times it would have been a different story

ragz is offline GM

"HEY" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I don't know how he would play under the pressure of being down by points (which he has not been since he came of the bench in week 14) so it will be interesting to watch him in the next game.
    I knew it! Tarvaris couldn't lead us to a comeback victory when we're under by that many points and that late in the game. He just doesn't seem like the comeback guy. He performs great when he can relly on the ground game, but not when the team is down by points late in the game and he is forced to pass more.

Btw, he was GREAT on the run today. I think he even got more yards than Adrian lol!
    well how many qbs comeback from 17 points down in the 4th.
    the green bay game we were down by 3 scores too.
    like i said in another thread, he wasn't perfect in the 4th quarter, but thats asking alot.
    for us to have come back to tie that game you pretty much had to be perfect.
    kinda hard for me to think one way or the other on his comeback ablilities.
    not many examples, and the few were not exactly one score games.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

from nfl.com

Key stat
    The Vikings had numerous miscues on offense and special teams, losing four of seven fumbles. The Falcons capitalized by scoring 10 points off takeaways.

ragz is offline GM

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    from nfl.com

Key stat
    The Vikings had numerous miscues on offense and special teams, losing four of seven fumbles. The Falcons capitalized by scoring 10 points off takeaways.

yah and then factor in that we were at the very least in field goal range with maybe 3 of the fumbles and its at the very least a 16 point swing
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast