Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Adrian Peterson's Running Style not helping?

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Something is not right with him. Not sure what it is but Chester seems to be more effective the last 3 games so we really can't blame the run blocking. I really hope he is not hurt and not telling anyone. The fumbles and getting hit in the backfield is really a concern. I hope he can figure it out soon.
    When AD is in, defenses can key on a running play. When Chester is in, they cannot. I know it sounds simple, but that's a huge difference (and this is not just me pulling something outta my ass - this is what Pete Bercich (former Viking, former Viking coach, current Vikings radio analyst) said last week on the PA show.

=Z=
    Dean Dalton, Ex Vikings RB coach, says it all the time on the Sirius channel.

Couple of weekends ago he was talking (Weekend Kickoff) about how AD's passblocking and pass catching skills have improved to the point were he thought teams would start to play a bit more honest.

After this weekend, not sure if he is right on that little point.
    I think that it'll impact defenses down the road. It's just that he has to become a weapon in the passing game, more than just a receiver.

If you can stack the box and not give up a 50 yard run, instead giving up a 3 yard throw to Peterson, defenses will never back off. You have to use him a little creative. Not just on screens and in the flats, or some shallow out route.

He'll have to run some deeper stuff. Think Chester Taylor, Brandon Jackson and, the master, Kevin Faulk. Then it'll really become a pick your poison scenario.

That might be asking a little too much, though. Maybe he just doesn't have it in him to be a great receiver, but just a mediocre one. In that case, I'm playing up on the LoS all the time.

And as to Tahi getting stuffed.... I think that that's one of your glaring holes. Had you had a 4th round pick, it might be our linebackers who where being pancaked by Quinn Johnson. Am I glad that that guy fell to us, even though he has brick hands.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

bigfattty is offline Waterboy

Marrdro wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    imho,the problem is AD seems to wanna make a very big play everytime he got a touche,I mean Chester for instance goes trough and gains that very good 6-7 yards ,in the other hand I see Adrian hesitating and dancing before the lane of scrimmage looking for a hole or something that usually ends up in a loss or minimum gain for him.

Opposite defenses being aware and prepare for Peterson and our average OL are not helping either
    Good point on the Chester thing. In fact it seems to be a re-occuring theme on here of late.

Lets not forget, if one were to go back each and every year, one would see that Chester has always been a effective back and has, at times when AD was struggling to get yards, gotten yards.

Gonna be a very interesting thing to watch going into the offseason with respect to what they do with CT and his contract.

This is what scares the heck out of me with all the attention on AD to catch the ball. I also heard on sirus when they asked AD about what he did during the bye week, his response was "stand in front of the throw machine and catch balls for 10 days"

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What if AP just isn't that good? (ducking for cover)

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Webby wrote:
    Stop channeling BLV.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im not sure what it is

Combo of lots of things

All i know is it needs to get fixed

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

V4L wrote:
    Im not sure what it is

Combo of lots of things

All i know is it needs to get fixed
    Based on this last game and loose to the Cardinals, it's really pretty simple. They dominated the line of scrimmage, on both O and D. You all know, kinda like what we usually do to teams.....I just call it, like I see it. Simple

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I personally believe he is at his best when he is playing wide open the way he did his rookie year. They have tried to make him be patient and allow his blocks to setup but I question his vision when it comes to reading his blocks. Chester does a much better job at it and just maybe AD will never be that good at it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Webby wrote:
    And they say that I'm a pot stirrerererer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

With Jimmy "multi-tasker" Kleinsasser filling in the line and Shiancoe playing 'hard' and Tahi improving on plowing holes in the line; there is no reason the likes of Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson should not be punishing the opponent until they fold into submission by the fourth quarter making yards on the ground as easy as finding a suitable hooker for CMacD.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I don't think there is anything wrong with Peterson, 4.5ypc is very respectable. Taylor is at 3.7ypc, the lowest of his career so I think it has more to do with the changes in the offense then anything Peterson is doing.

I think having a QB that is zero threat to run the ball hurts the running game some. Teams can shadow the runner at the snap without worrying about losing QB containment if it's a playaction. Also, I'm guessing we have more recievers on the field than last year, recievers aren't usually as good as TE and fullbacks at blocking.

No worries, best offense we have had in years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast