Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 179
  1. #1
    PurpleMafia's Avatar
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    734

    Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    According to Fox Sports, AP will have an MRI tomorrow, but the injury is not ACL related. Although, they are not ruling out ligament damage. This is good news, but any type of ligament damage is bad. I just breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that.
    Retired 12/21/08

  2. #2
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    Best news I have heard all day. I would have bet my next paycheck his leg snapped when I first seen the hit.

    I've never been happier to be wrong in my life
    ;D

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    According to Yahoosports it was a sprained knee (take it for what it's worth).

  4. #4
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    geeez that injury didnt look good, but hopefully its nothing too serious.
    :-


    *SKOL!*

  5. #5
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    If it is a sprain, then he tore a ligament. That is what a sprain is. The question will be which one, The ACL (ruled out?) MCL, the PCL or the LCL.

    I tore 3 out of 4 in mine and it seems the LCL and the MCL are the ones that you can recover from better. The ACL will tear first before the PCL and if you tear both of those it is going to be a bad day.

    Hopefully it will just be a slight tear of the mcl and he will just get immobilized for a short time and then return..


    Also, it is not uncommon to find tears of the meniscus cartilage when the ACL or MCL are damaged so this could potentially show up on an MRI.. I pray it won't.

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If it is a sprain, then he tore a ligament. That is what a sprain is. The question will be which one, The ACL (ruled out?) MCL, the PCL or the LCL.

    I tore 3 out of 4 in mine and it seems the LCL and the MCL are the ones that you can recover from better. The ACL will tear first before the PCL and if you tear both of those it is going to be a bad day.

    Hopefully it will just be a slight tear of the mcl and he will just get immobilized for a short time and then return..


    Also, it is not uncommon to find tears of the meniscus cartilage when the ACL or MCL are damaged so this could potentially show up on an MRI.. I pray it won't.
    A knee sprain is a knee injury, but it isn't necessarily a tear.
    It can be a wrenched or twisted ligament as well, which is a lot better than a tear.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    avshoeman is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    According to Fox Sports, AP will have an MRI tomorrow, but the injury is not ACL related. Although, they are not ruling out ligament damage. This is good news, but any type of ligament damage is bad. I just breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that.
    I am from Oklahoma and AD hates to be called AP. His nickname is AD for all day.

  8. #8
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    "avshoeman" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    According to Fox Sports, AP will have an MRI tomorrow, but the injury is not ACL related. Although, they are not ruling out ligament damage. This is good news, but any type of ligament damage is bad. I just breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that.

    I am from Oklahoma and AD hates to be called AP. His nickname is AD for all day.
    Well today he did nothing All Day except watch Favre throw all over the field and take some hits.


    I call him A.P. when I go to the bar and he runs for a TD.
    I will change it if he breaks Dickersons record.
    I will call him A.D. after that.

    You gotta earn it baby!

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    How could it be his knee? The announcer kept saying he was hit in the thigh..........idiot!

    I could tell right away he was hit at the knee.


    I'm just glad it wasn't more serious.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL

    Good to hear, hopefully it's just bruising.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 07:07 AM
  2. After two weeks off, Adrian Peterson's still got it
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 07:51 AM
  3. (Merged) Adrian Peterson's Injury: NOT ACL
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 03:56 PM
  4. Adrian Peterson's - Contract
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 02:28 AM
  5. Taylor & Peterson's injury thins backfield
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 12:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •