Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Adrian Peterson's areas of improvement

Adrian Peterson, in my opinion, is the best pure runningback in today's NFL.

He has the best combination of speed and power. He has amazing vision and instinct. He plays hard all the time (his nickname is "All Day"). Adrian Peterson has almost inhuman stamina, strength, agility, and quickness, but can he be an even better runningback?

Yes, he can!

Here's the areas which I think AD can improve on:

pass protection

route running

pass catching

EDIT: ball security

Here's a suitable link to an article posted on Scout.com: http://min.scout.com/2/762501.html

If Peterson improves on these three areas, I will officially announce him as the best overall runningback in the NFL, even better than the "perfect" LaDanian Tomlinson.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson's areas of improvement

The number one thing I would like Peterson to learn is how to do is better protect his body so that he can play more than 5 years. If all goes well with his Health I believe he will be re-writing the record books and he'll become the best back in the league. Talent wise nobody in the NFL has what Peterson has, he truely is a Beast.

sh01002 is offline Rookie

I agree...route running especially.
    Then he would be unstopable
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We don't know about his route running because the coaching staff takes him out on passing plays or decides to have him block >

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    We don't know about his route running because the coaching staff takes him out on passing plays or decides to have him block >
    And you still haven't come to grips why either....... ;D

I would also like to add timing as it relates to setting up blocks and waiting on blocking to develop (sometimes) you will see his average go up a bit more.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    And you still haven't come to grips why either....... ;D

I would also like to add timing as it relates to setting up blocks and waiting on blocking to develop (sometimes) you will see his average go up a bit more.

;D
    Nope

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson, in my opinion, is THE best [size=11pt]pure[/size] runningback in today's NFL.
    That's silly.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Definitely pass blocking for me.
    Take at look at about 3:15 here.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8059d144

AD runs in front of Cook to engage Cook's man, leaving his own assignment completely unchecked.
    TJack gets sacked and fumbles the ball (in our red zone), and the Broncos kick the easy field goal to win the game in overtime.

Play like that is why we never saw AD on passing downs IMHO.
    However, pass blocking in something that takes most rookie RBs a season to figure out
    This is especially true if they were not asked to block much in college, as is AD's case.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson, in my opinion, is THE best [size=11pt]pure[/size] runningback in today's NFL.
    That's silly.

=Z=
    I have to disagree.

Peterson may be the best runner, but the award for best pure back still belongs to Tomlinson.
    There is NEVER a situation where Tomlinson has to come out.
    He's great for running in all directions, including up the middle, the edge and on pitches.
    He is almost as big a threat in the passing game as he is in the running game, and he can block very well.

Peterson is a beast at running.
    He'll plow through linebackers, and outrun corners, however he still needs some time to get the hang of catching passes (a few drops)
    and he really needs to work on his blocking.
    I think if he continually gets a little bit better each year at those 2 things, he can easilly be the best all around back in the NFL in a couple of years, possibly the best ever if he does keep things up.

Speaking of which, who do you think would be the best ALL-AROUND back ever?
    For me its Marshall Faulk.
    I think guys like Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Chuck Foreman, Barry Sanders, etc.
    might be better at running the ball, but Faulk had every aspect of his game down perfectly.
    He could be used in any situation in any scheme.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Definitely pass blocking for me.
    Take at look at about 3:15 here.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8059d144

AD runs in front of Cook to engage Cook's man, leaving his own assignment completely unchecked.
    TJack gets sacked and fumbles the ball (in our red zone), and the Broncos kick the easy field goal to win the game in overtime.

Play like that is why we never saw AD on passing downs IMHO.
    However, pass blocking in something that takes most rookie RBs a season to figure out
    This is especially true if they were not asked to block much in college, as is AD's case.
    I agree totally with regards to AD on that, not sure what play was called there but they may have intended AD to take out the blitzing linebacker on the right side. He definitely did a good job of taking the guy's legs out, so I think he at least has the technique down. It must be said, however, that Cook just sits there completely dumbfounded and doesn't appear to make any adjustment whatsoever to slow the bigass lineman running through about one yard to his left. AD = overly enthusiastic(?) and Cook= Slow reactions...
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast