Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Adrian Peterson: A star explodes in Minnesota

"SKOL" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Barry Sanders could run well even with the box being stuffed. AD has some work to do in that dept.
    While I believe Barry Sanders may have been better at creating something out of nothing he also lost alot of yards, nobody and I mean nobody can run through defenders that break the line of scrimage. AD broke the rushing record in one game against the Chargers, they stacked the box all day, same with the bears, thing is our offensive line was on a mission in those games, on there A game, everbody doing there job and doin it well. Last few games of season sucked, we were no longer creating those lanes for the RB's, we hit a slump, Peterson himself had a hard time breaking the line of scrimage on most running plays. Our offensive line was showing its incosistencies. Hopefully with the new WR's we have we can take some pressure off the offensive line so they don't have to block against stacked fronts every game nearly every play. Hopefully our play calling becomes better, and when I say better I mean less predictable. This also put a huge burden on the offensive line. It must become a guessing game to defenders as to what we are doin, last year was too predictable.
    Hell I've seen that happen many times. Are you seriously trying to tell me you've never seen that happen?
    TW made a good point.
    Sanders seemed to go backwards 4 out of 5 times.
    The 5th time was for 20+ yards though.
    I didn't have a problem with that statement. It was the statement he followed it up with that I was addressing.

nobody and I mean nobody can run through defenders that break the line of scrimage
    Hell, there were times we stuffed the box against him & he ran right through them even if they tried to grab him in the backfield.

Many a time I have seen backs turn what should have been a loss of yards into big gains.

We saw Memo do it in 2006.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sanders was a better back at running laterally and then cutting into a gap for a gain if there was one. The problem was, in Detroit there were never enough holes to cut into.

But he was compact, ran low and had a low center of gravity,which worked great for what they did. AD is much better running straight ahead than sideways.

sufuvike93 is offline Rookie

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Sanders was a better back at running laterally and then cutting into a gap for a gain if there was one. The problem was, in Detroit there were never enough holes to cut into.

But he was compact, ran low and had a low center of gravity,which worked great for what they did. AD is much better running straight ahead than sideways.
    And over, around, and through people
    For God so loved the Vikings he gave us PURPLE JESUS

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    LOL, time will only tell.
    I've seen this kind of love for a running back before.
    I got one name for you all Icky Woods.

Mike
    If AD had a shuffle the media hype would be twice as big.
    Oh Icky...
    Huge year, then a complete tear to the all-important ACL... then that was it for him.
    So sad.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Barry Sanders could run well even with the box being stuffed. AD has some work to do in that dept.
    While I believe Barry Sanders may have been better at creating something out of nothing he also lost alot of yards, nobody and I mean nobody can run through defenders that break the line of scrimage. AD broke the rushing record in one game against the Chargers, they stacked the box all day, same with the bears, thing is our offensive line was on a mission in those games, on there A game, everbody doing there job and doin it well. Last few games of season sucked, we were no longer creating those lanes for the RB's, we hit a slump, Peterson himself had a hard time breaking the line of scrimage on most running plays. Our offensive line was showing its incosistencies. Hopefully with the new WR's we have we can take some pressure off the offensive line so they don't have to block against stacked fronts every game nearly every play. Hopefully our play calling becomes better, and when I say better I mean less predictable. This also put a huge burden on the offensive line. It must become a guessing game to defenders as to what we are doin, last year was too predictable.
    Hell I've seen that happen many times. Are you seriously trying to tell me you've never seen that happen?
    It happens but not very often. I should have said nobody can do it consistentley. Anytime a DT or DE break the line of scrimage free its usually ends up with the RB loosing some yardage.

There is one really good example though, Marion Barber broke about 7 tackles and escaped a safety in the endzone, this was poor tackling and one of craziest plays i've seen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123