Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Adrian Peterson: A star explodes in Minnesota

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I think he may be the best ever. I never saw a guy come in and just change the look of the game like he has. Randy is possibly the closest comparison. I mean I said to myself this guy is a lock to change the game when I saw him out run Marion to the outside left him in he dust.

In FF, I traded for him the 1st week of the season and game up LT for him.
    I lost my Superbowl because of the poor play in Denver.
    Man, I wish I could hold that thought, but time is the big addition to that equation.
    I've seen revolutionary backs twice in our own division.
    Barry Sanders came in and was just as revolutionary, and his counterpart a decade earlier Billy Sims was great as well.
    Both guys played for Detroit!

I love "All Day" too, but lets not get carried away here.
    If he was to put together five or six years of this, then we can start with the best ever.

I'm sorry I just got to respectfully disagree with you, not yet that is, not yet.

Mike
    Its arguable that talent wise he may be the best ever, just because of his combination of agility, power, speed, etc.

Now if he can maintain that level of play and stay healthy, will determine if he really earns to be ranked along with Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, and all the other greats.
    But talent wise... he's the probably the best this league has seen.

Lets wait and see tho if he keeps this up

Agreed...now if AD can learn to save his body from some of the punishment, he could play for a nice long career. Right now he wants to dish it out, and that's great...but he must pick his spots. It's tough because it's so innate to him, he really has to re-learn those things.
    Thats why it is so important for the staff to keep a guy like CT behind him for years as well as to ensure that they split the carries a bit no matter how bad yutz sports fans want AD to carry the ball every down.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

A2-D8 is offline Training Camp

The NFL network is replaying that Bears game this weekend.
    I plan to watch it again, but I'm sure I will get angry at some point when I watch Chilli practice some of the worst clock management the Vikes have seen since the Dennis Green era.
    "I don't believe it."

"That is why you fail."

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Barry Sanders could run well even with the box being stuffed. AD has some work to do in that dept.
    While I believe Barry Sanders may have been better at creating something out of nothing he also lost alot of yards, nobody and I mean nobody can run through defenders that break the line of scrimage. AD broke the rushing record in one game against the Chargers, they stacked the box all day, same with the bears, thing is our offensive line was on a mission in those games, on there A game, everbody doing there job and doin it well. Last few games of season sucked, we were no longer creating those lanes for the RB's, we hit a slump, Peterson himself had a hard time breaking the line of scrimage on most running plays. Our offensive line was showing its incosistencies. Hopefully with the new WR's we have we can take some pressure off the offensive line so they don't have to block against stacked fronts every game nearly every play. Hopefully our play calling becomes better, and when I say better I mean less predictable. This also put a huge burden on the offensive line. It must become a guessing game to defenders as to what we are doin, last year was too predictable.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Barry Sanders could run well even with the box being stuffed. AD has some work to do in that dept.
    While I believe Barry Sanders may have been better at creating something out of nothing he also lost alot of yards, nobody and I mean nobody can run through defenders that break the line of scrimage. AD broke the rushing record in one game against the Chargers, they stacked the box all day, same with the bears, thing is our offensive line was on a mission in those games, on there A game, everbody doing there job and doin it well. Last few games of season sucked, we were no longer creating those lanes for the RB's, we hit a slump, Peterson himself had a hard time breaking the line of scrimage on most running plays. Our offensive line was showing its incosistencies. Hopefully with the new WR's we have we can take some pressure off the offensive line so they don't have to block against stacked fronts every game nearly every play. Hopefully our play calling becomes better, and when I say better I mean less predictable. This also put a huge burden on the offensive line. It must become a guessing game to defenders as to what we are doin, last year was too predictable.

And hopefully TJ is up to the test...he is the single most important factor in keeping opposing D's honest.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Hell I've seen that happen many times. Are you seriously trying to tell me you've never seen that happen?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

LOL, time will only tell.
    I've seen this kind of love for a running back before.
    I got one name for you all Icky Woods.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I don't know about the bears game but I was at the chargers game and was amazed they weren't putting 9 in the box. Seemed like every play there were two safeties deep, even late in the game. JMHO

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Mikecarter81" wrote:

Mike
    If AD had a shuffle the media hype would be twice as big.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

Mike
    If AD had a shuffle the media hype would be twice as big.
    if he got caught with crack the media coverage would be twice as big too
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Hell I've seen that happen many times. Are you seriously trying to tell me you've never seen that happen?
    TW made a good point.
    Sanders seemed to go backwards 4 out of 5 times.
    The 5th time was for 20+ yards though.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast