Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson signs Five-Year, $40 Million Deal, $17 Million Guaranteed

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    It is now official. We finally have the big play ability that our offense desperately needs.
    Its still all speculation of course as he hasn't even stepped on a field or "Proven" himself yet right my friend?

;D

However, throw in Rice and Allison (both have made some nice catches/flashed some
    potential) and it appears we might have a 3 headed monster for years to come.
    ;D
    Haha, touche.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    It is now official. We finally have the big play ability that our offense desperately needs.
    Its still all speculation of course as he hasn't even stepped on a field or "Proven" himself yet right my friend?

;D

However, throw in Rice and Allison (both have made some nice catches/flashed some
    potential) and it appears we might have a 3 headed monster for years to come.
    ;D
    Haha, touche.
    The future is now my friend and it isn't as distant as some think.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Actually "macguitarman" posted the signing first in another thread about 3 minutes earlier than Singer in the "Adrian Peterson" thread. I wish it would have been a four year contract rather than 5.
    Why four years?
    5 is a better deal for the Vikes. It's the signing bonus anywayz in the NFL that is the real meat of a contract.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

MplsViking is offline Starter

"SharperImage" wrote:
    ROOOOOARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

NOW RELEASE CHESTER TAYLOR..OR TRADE HIM.. THAT WAY ITLL BE MEMO AN AD

NO NEED HAVING 2 MAJOR RUNNINGBACKS. U NO CHESTER IS GONNA ASK FOR A RAISE FROM HIS PITIFULL CONTRACT. AFTER THIS YEAR

That was a pretty stupid comment.
    Release Chester Taylor?
    That makes no sense.
    I'd rather have 2 really good running backs then a good running back and a good 3rd down running back (Moore). JMO though.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Actually "macguitarman" posted the signing first in another thread about 3 minutes earlier than Singer in the "Adrian Peterson" thread. I wish it would have been a four year contract rather than 5.
    Why four years?
    5 is a better deal for the Vikes. It's the signing bonus anywayz in the NFL that is the real meat of a contract.
    5 years allows us to prorate the signing bonus over more time, meaning that the cap impact is less per season.

"MplsViking" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

NO NEED HAVING 2 MAJOR RUNNINGBACKS. U NO CHESTER IS GONNA ASK FOR A RAISE FROM HIS PITIFULL CONTRACT. AFTER THIS YEAR

Release Chester Taylor?
    That makes no sense.
    I'd rather have 2 really good running backs then a good running back and a good 3rd down running back (Moore). JMO though.
    Releasing Taylor would be about as bright as bringing Brad Johnson in for another try at QB.
    Having a "two-headed monster" in the backfield means that Defenses have to allocate that much more attention to them.

The smart thing would be to keep them both and build off of them.

Caine

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

I've been one of those who is not convinced Jackson should be our QB. I just don't think he has "it", whatever that means. That being said, with a backfield of Chester And Adrian, he will fair alot better IMO. That combination is going to be one of the top running games in the league I think. If Jackson is going to have a chance
    at all, being a newbie, plus learning this difficult offensive scheme, with the O-line we have and this backfield it should make it easier on him.

I was just reading on Scout and it says that he will be/is the highest paid RB in the NFL.

And to think some of you beeeyatched when they signed Shank and B-wade to high contracts based on percieved talent levels.

WOW.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MplsViking" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Release Chester Taylor?
    That makes no sense.
    Most successful teams right now are running a two back system, so nobody should be spewing pooh out of their mouth calling for CT's release.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MplsViking" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Release Chester Taylor?
    That makes no sense.
    Most successful teams right now are running a two back system, so nobody should be spewing pooh out of their mouth calling for CT's release.
    I think our friend is drunk.
    ;D

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I was just reading on Scout and it says that he will be/is the highest paid RB in the NFL.

And to think some of you beeeyatched when they signed Shank and B-wade to high contracts based on percieved talent levels.

WOW.
    ;D
    Please don't compare Adrian Peterson's talent level to Vishanthe Shiancoe's and Bobby Wade's ever again.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast