Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    [size=13pt]Vikings' Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year[/size]

    Posted Mar 10th 2008 6:27PM

    by Michael David Smith
    aol.com



    Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was named the NFL's rookie of the year in 2007, and he set the NFL record for rushing yards in a game. But when asked how he would grade his rookie season, Peterson said "average"...

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year


    Shoot for the moon baby. AD we all love your attitude.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    105

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    After this year he could have so easily started believing his own hype. This attitude is gonna take this kid far, gotta love it.
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

  4. #4
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    Couldn't agree more...

    I hope he continues along the path he has set for himself....


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #5
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    Some 'average' year
    ! but his attitude is way above average without a doubt. Of course he won't be such an unknown quantity this year but if we can get teams away from 8 in the box then he may just make his 2,000 yard season
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Some 'average' year
    ! but his attitude is way above average without a doubt. Of course he won't be such an unknown quantity this year but if we can get teams away from 8 in the box then he may just make his 2,000 yard season
    ;D
    Detouring the 8-9 men in the box is going to be critical for us this year.
    AD was really slowed (compared to the first half) in the later part of the season and I defenitely don't want this trend to continue into next year.

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Some 'average' year
    ! but his attitude is way above average without a doubt. Of course he won't be such an unknown quantity this year but if we can get teams away from 8 in the box then he may just make his 2,000 yard season
    ;D
    Detouring the 8-9 men in the box is going to be critical for us this year.
    AD was really slowed (compared to the first half) in the later part of the season and I defenitely don't want this trend to continue into next year.
    I discount the 8-9 men-in-the-box theory a tad, however.
    I also think a lot of the 2nd-half downturn was due to the length of the NFL season.
    Rookies often hit the wall late in the first season.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Some 'average' year
    ! but his attitude is way above average without a doubt. Of course he won't be such an unknown quantity this year but if we can get teams away from 8 in the box then he may just make his 2,000 yard season
    ;D
    Detouring the 8-9 men in the box is going to be critical for us this year.
    AD was really slowed (compared to the first half) in the later part of the season and I defenitely don't want this trend to continue into next year.
    I discount the 8-9 men-in-the-box theory a tad, however.
    I also think a lot of the 2nd-half downturn was due to the length of the NFL season.
    Rookies often hit the wall late in the first season.

    =Z=
    I can't help but wonder how much his knee injury hindered his late season performance as well.
    I know it wasn't considered serious but there has got to be a certain level of mental commitment to get over something like that and convince yourself (even the sub consious) that your fine and can utilize it 100%.
    I'm sure the knee brace didn't help those few games either.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Some 'average' year
    ! but his attitude is way above average without a doubt. Of course he won't be such an unknown quantity this year but if we can get teams away from 8 in the box then he may just make his 2,000 yard season
    ;D
    Detouring the 8-9 men in the box is going to be critical for us this year.
    AD was really slowed (compared to the first half) in the later part of the season and I defenitely don't want this trend to continue into next year.
    I discount the 8-9 men-in-the-box theory a tad, however.
    I also think a lot of the 2nd-half downturn was due to the length of the NFL season.
    Rookies often hit the wall late in the first season.

    =Z=
    I can't help but wonder how much his knee injury hindered his late season performance as well.
    I know it wasn't considered serious but there has got to be a certain level of mental commitment to get over something like that and convince yourself (even the sub consious) that your fine and can utilize it 100%.
    I'm sure the knee brace didn't help those few games either.
    I think that both of you (Z and BH82) are both on the money.
    Rookie wall and knee injury probably had alot to do with his decline in production.

    Face it, good backs face 8 man fronts all the time and still get yards, just like he did early on in the season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Adrian Peterson Says He Had an 'Average' Rookie Year

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Some 'average' year
    ! but his attitude is way above average without a doubt. Of course he won't be such an unknown quantity this year but if we can get teams away from 8 in the box then he may just make his 2,000 yard season
    ;D
    Detouring the 8-9 men in the box is going to be critical for us this year.
    AD was really slowed (compared to the first half) in the later part of the season and I defenitely don't want this trend to continue into next year.
    I discount the 8-9 men-in-the-box theory a tad, however.
    I also think a lot of the 2nd-half downturn was due to the length of the NFL season.
    Rookies often hit the wall late in the first season.

    =Z=
    I can't help but wonder how much his knee injury hindered his late season performance as well.
    I know it wasn't considered serious but there has got to be a certain level of mental commitment to get over something like that and convince yourself (even the sub consious) that your fine and can utilize it 100%.
    I'm sure the knee brace didn't help those few games either.
    I think that both of you (Z and BH82) are both on the money.
    Rookie wall and knee injury probably had alot to do with his decline in production.

    Face it, good backs face 8 man fronts all the time and still get yards, just like he did early on in the season.
    On some plays I think the 8 or 9 man boxes helped peterson because once you get past the first wave it is home free to the endzone. If there is a safety deep it is gonna be harder for Peterson to get the 80 yard tds, but he wont get dragged down for a gain of zero as much either.
    I'm not sure what is Petersons best running quality, the way he attacks the line of scrimmage or his vision down field.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adrian Peterson named 2007 Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 09:17 AM
  2. Can someone make me a Adrian Peterson Rookie of the Year Sig please!
    By PurplePowerPunch in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 07:15 PM
  3. MOVED: Can someone make me a Adrian Peterson Rookie of the Year Sig please!
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 11:46 PM
  4. Vote for Adrian Peterson for Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year
    By briboy75 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
  5. Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 05:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •