Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    325

    Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    I thought we should have a tread dedicated to tracking his progress towards his goal of 2,000 yards. I'm also going to track what he needs for the single season rushing record. I'll be keeping this updated after every game.

    [size=20pt]2,000 Yards[/size]
    [size=12pt]Goal: 2000
    Current: 272
    Needed: 1728
    Projected Total: 2176
    Games Remaining: 14
    Average YPG: 136
    Average YPG Goal: 125
    Average YPG in Remaining Games: 123.4
    Projected Weeks to Reach Goal: 15
    [/size]

    [size=20pt]Single Season Record[/size]
    [size=12pt]Goal: 2106
    Current: 272
    Needed: 1834
    Projected Total: 2176
    Games Remaining: 14
    Average YPG: 136
    Average YPG Goal: 131.6
    Average YPG in Remaining Games: 131
    Projected Weeks to Reach Goal: 16
    [/size]

    The numbers will look pretty crazy the first couple weeks but it should stabilize by week 4.

  2. #2
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    "hav0x" wrote:
    I thought we should have a tread dedicated to tracking his progress towards his goal of 2,000 yards. I'll be keeping this updated after every game.

    Goal: 2000
    Current: 180
    Needed: 1820
    Games Remaining:15
    Average YPG: 180
    Average YPG Goal: 125
    Average YPG in Remaining Games: 121
    Projected Weeks to Reach Goal: 12

    The numbers will look pretty crazy the first couple weeks but it should stabilize by week 4.
    Week 2: Lions (Horrible Run Defense)
    Week 3: 49ers (Not that great of a Run Defense)
    Week 4: Packers (Forte looked pretty good against their Defense, I think AD will have a good week against them).
    Week 5: Rams (Not that great a Run Defense)

    After these first five weeks i think his numbers will start to level, but he will definitely *Knock on wood* lead the NFL in yards.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    And if he keeps up his current pace he will end up with:

    2880 yards
    48 TD's
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

  4. #4
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    This is a pretty cool thread ... gonna dig keeping up with this.

  5. #5
    peterson-rox28's Avatar
    peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    300

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    I hope Peterson gets 100 yards in every game this season and has 200 yards in atleast 2 games.

    I also hope Peterson can get atleast 20 maybe even 25 touchdowns.

  6. #6
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I hope Peterson gets 100 yards in every game this season and has 200 yards in atleast 2 games.

    I also hope Peterson can get atleast 20 maybe even 25 touchdowns.
    I HOPE Peterson can get 150 yards in every game ... and 200 in at least 7 games. And somewhere in the area of 35 TDs ... as long as we are going for unrealistic goals, might as well shoot high!

  7. #7
    pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    360

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I hope Peterson gets 100 yards in every game this season and has 200 yards in atleast 2 games.

    I also hope Peterson can get atleast 20 maybe even 25 touchdowns.
    I HOPE Peterson can get 150 yards in every game ... and 200 in at least 7 games. And somewhere in the area of 35 TDs ... as long as we are going for unrealistic goals, might as well shoot high!
    How was his unrealistic? He had 2 games over 200 as a rookie with T-Jack at QB. LT scored 30+ TD's a couple of years ago. I don't think his prediction was unrealistic at all...

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    "pepper" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I hope Peterson gets 100 yards in every game this season and has 200 yards in atleast 2 games.

    I also hope Peterson can get atleast 20 maybe even 25 touchdowns.
    I HOPE Peterson can get 150 yards in every game ... and 200 in at least 7 games. And somewhere in the area of 35 TDs ... as long as we are going for unrealistic goals, might as well shoot high!
    How was his unrealistic? He had 2 games over 200 as a rookie with T-Jack at QB. LT scored 30+ TD's a couple of years ago. I don't think his prediction was unrealistic at all...
    100 yards in every game is unrealistic. The rest of it is not completely out of the realm of possibility.
    To be fair though ... I guess if someone is going to do it ... it would be All Day.

  9. #9
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    And if he keeps up his current pace he will end up with:

    2880 yards
    48 TD's
    That'd be some pretty sick stats haha

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Adrian Peterson: The Road to 2,000 Yards

    threads like this are a curse

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adrian Peterson counting victories, not yards
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:40 AM
  2. Adrian Peterson
    By apfanzone in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 06:47 PM
  4. who is: adrian peterson
    By michaelmazid in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 04:51 AM
  5. Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •