Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Adrian Peterson predicting 2000-yard season

I can't wait to see Peterson play this season comming up

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

2,000 yards is a Team accomplishment, he knows it.
    The comment links IMO to some of his other statements that he sees himself winning a Super Bowl and that the Vikes are capable...they just need to adopt the mindset.
    The kid is already establishing himself as a leader.
    The statement conveys an attitude, a mindset....I LOVE IT.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

The truely amazing thing about this kid.. is he has the talent to do it, and he KNOWS it.
    He's been in the league less than a year and is already being praised by fellow players and experts as one of the most exciting and most talented players in history.
    Yet he doesn't let it go to his head.

He is a very proud person, when he makes coments like this and others, many could portray him as arrogant or cocky if you were just reading his quotes.
    But if you listen to or watch an interview of him when he makes comments like this, he says it in a very calm and reasonable way.
    He just expects a lot from himself, but if you actually pay attention to the way he presents himself, he's a very humble man, truely one of a kind

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    The truely amazing thing about this kid.. is he has the talent to do it, and he KNOWS it.
    He's been in the league less than a year and is already being praised by fellow players and experts as one of the most exciting and most talented players in history.

He is a very proud person, when he makes coments like this and others, many could portray him as arrogant or cocky if you were just reading his quotes.
    But if you listen to or watch an interview of him when he makes comments like this, he says it in a very calm and reasonable way.
    He just expects a lot from himself, but if you actually pay attention to the way he presents himself, he's a very humble man, truely one of a kind
    i completely agree with ya!! infact fotini (my fiance[and in 6 days wife]) says after each interview she's seen of AP, "He has confidence, look at how he speaks"
    that waas the first interview she saw.. then half way through the year she saw many of the elite stars and their interviews.. then she saw AP's interview after the record day 296.. and she said, "His first comment on the day was thanks to he teamates?
    get me his jersey!!"

that is how you can tell this kid is far past that ego trip.. Each interview i've heard yeah he talks about setting his bar high. or hard work pays off.. both are very correct attributes for a person wanting to make the pro's.

but his humbleness, and his praise for his teamates.. is what makes him extremly special.

keep it up AD!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

i completely agree with ya!! infact fotini (my fiance[and in 6 days wife]) says after each interview she's seen of AP, "He has confidence, look at how he speaks"
    that waas the first interview she saw.. then half way through the year she saw many of the elite stars and their interviews.. then she saw AP's interview after the record day 296.. and she said, "His first comment on the day was thanks to he teamates?
    get me his jersey!!"

that is how you can tell this kid is far past that ego trip.. Each interview i've heard yeah he talks about setting his bar high. or hard work pays off.. both are very correct attributes for a person wanting to make the pro's.

but his humbleness, and his praise for his teamates.. is what makes him extremly special.

keep it up AD!!

DiGiTaL
    That's all well & nice for now, but lets see what happens when he becomes a free agent. "Teammates" can be found on any team & a lot of these players don't cop an attitude or ego until after they've been in the league a few years. I.E Mr. "M".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Adrian Peterson predicting 2000 yard season

I agree with you singer, it's time that will be the final judge. after say 3 -4 years of being #1 will the ego take over?

I really do'nt see it in this kid, he knew coming in he was gonna blow people away. he knew going into the pro bowl he was gonna be targeted as a star.

i think he's taking it in stride. he has a lot of respect from guys around him that can spot bull$hite a mile away.

I have never said confidence breeds pride.. but they are very similar roads and must be navigated correctly .

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

AD talkin the talk and we all know he can WALK THE WALK
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    At least for most of the season.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:

;D
    Most?
    What is most?
    The last 4 games were forgettable, he missed 2 and he didn't get all that many touches in 2 more.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:

;D
    Most?
    What is most?
    The last 4 games were forgettable, he missed 2 and he didn't get all that many touches in 2 more.

=Z=
    You have the answer in your response.

Didn't do much walking in the games he missed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast