Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Adrian Peterson is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    [size=13pt]Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson is a new star[/size]

    The Vikings rookie running back has taken Minnesota by storm since his arrival, making him a clear choice for Star Tribune 2007 Sportsperson of the Year.

    By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 24, 2007 - 11:23 PM



    It started, as everything does these days, on the Internet. A Vikings fan who calls himself Big Daddy Drew caught a clip of Adrian Peterson running over a few defenders in the preseason. Writing for the acclaimed blog "Kissing Suzy Kolber," Big D.D. intoned: "His name is not Adrian Peterson. It's Purple Jesus.".....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson

    [size=13pt]Audio Slide Show: It's all about Adrian[/size]


    Published Monday, December 24, 2007

    startribune.com

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson

    [size=13pt]Past Star Tribune Sportspersons of the Year[/size]

    startribune.com

    Last update: December 24, 2007 - 9:57 PM


    Our goal was to select a sports figure who has had a major impact on the local scene in the past year. Candidates were nominated by members of the Star Tribune sports department, and a selection committee of staff members made the final choice.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson

    Not exactly "ROY" yet, but at least the hacks at the Trib got something right.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Adrian Peters is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    Who's Adrian Peters?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Adrian Peterson is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson is a new star[/size]

    The Vikings rookie running back has taken Minnesota by storm since his arrival, making him a clear choice for Star Tribune 2007 Sportsperson of the Year.

    By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 24, 2007 - 11:23 PM



    It started, as everything does these days, on the Internet. A Vikings fan who calls himself Big Daddy Drew caught a clip of Adrian Peterson running over a few defenders in the preseason. Writing for the acclaimed blog "Kissing Suzy Kolber," Big D.D. intoned: "His name is not Adrian Peterson. It's Purple Jesus.".....
    Seifert, you fucking hack - you should AT LEAST have mentioned that you learned about Big Daddy Drew @ KSK with "Purple Jesus" from HERE.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Adrian Peterson is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    I see where "Yahoo" just picked AD as the "Rookie Of The Year." I don't think there's any doubt he'll win that award.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Adrian Peterson is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson is a new star[/size]

    The Vikings rookie running back has taken Minnesota by storm since his arrival, making him a clear choice for Star Tribune 2007 Sportsperson of the Year.

    By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 24, 2007 - 11:23 PM



    It started, as everything does these days, on the Internet. A Vikings fan who calls himself Big Daddy Drew caught a clip of Adrian Peterson running over a few defenders in the preseason. Writing for the acclaimed blog "Kissing Suzy Kolber," Big D.D. intoned: "His name is not Adrian Peterson. It's Purple Jesus.".....
    Seifert, you fucking hack - you should AT LEAST have mentioned that you learned about Big Daddy Drew @ KSK with "Purple Jesus" from HERE.

    =Z=
    How do you know he didn't learn about it from reading "Kissing Suzy Kolber"?

    You did.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Adrian Peterson is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year: Adrian Peterson is a new star[/size]

    The Vikings rookie running back has taken Minnesota by storm since his arrival, making him a clear choice for Star Tribune 2007 Sportsperson of the Year.

    By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 24, 2007 - 11:23 PM



    It started, as everything does these days, on the Internet. A Vikings fan who calls himself Big Daddy Drew caught a clip of Adrian Peterson running over a few defenders in the preseason. Writing for the acclaimed blog "Kissing Suzy Kolber," Big D.D. intoned: "His name is not Adrian Peterson. It's Purple Jesus.".....
    Seifert, you fucking hack - you should AT LEAST have mentioned that you learned about Big Daddy Drew @ KSK with "Purple Jesus" from HERE.

    =Z=
    ah, excuse me Seifert...WWAPD?

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #10
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Adrian Peterson is a new star: Star Tribune Sportsperson of the Year

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I see where "Yahoo" just picked AD as the "Rookie Of The Year." I don't think there's any doubt he'll win that award.

    Idk.. Willis is giving him a run for his money

    He has played consistant all year

    And hasn't been hurt

    His numbers are pretty amazing.

    I wouldn't be surprised if eitehr got it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adrian Peterson: A star explodes in Minnesota
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 07:10 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
  3. Star Tribune
    By PurplePeopleEaters89 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 12:19 AM
  4. Re: Star Tribune - Ganging up on James
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 05:56 PM
  5. star tribune pictures
    By Vikingsteve in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 12:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •