Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff i

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    AD was better when he first got to the NFL, this Coaching staff keeps force feeding the crap to him ... they have slowed is initial burst because they tell him to wait...instead of the coaching staff regonizing the talent they have and adapting to the special talent they received, theyve
    made AD conform to their style of play...when he first came to OU the coaches complained he hit the holes to quick, but instead of changing him telling him to wait they set him 3 yards deeper to dot the I , and when he hit the holes he was at full speed and crankin...Utilize the talent, dont alter it
    So what your saying is that AD had no room for improvement and that he was NFL ready coming out of college with no need for coaching.............

WOW.
    Sounds like you got a bad case of CSA with respect to AD.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=34093.0
    What Im saying IS AD was ready to set the NFL on its ear, he is a Star and was ready to roll, changing what he naturally does is just stupid....But you say He needs put in his place and needs to learn more befor he just let loose on the NFL ....Runningbacks " get it, or they dont" its almost a artform with the great ones...
    and if theres any CSA its Marrdro and the prophet for this coaching staff

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff i

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    [.....and if theres any CSA its Marrdro and the prophet for this coaching staff
    I have my critiques on the coaching staff too.
    I just don't pull stuff from my ass and pretend it is fact when I am supporting, critiquing, or neutral on a stance.

The Big 12 does not the NFL make.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    AD was better when he first got to the NFL, this Coaching staff keeps force feeding the crap to him ... they have slowed is initial burst because they tell him to wait...instead of the coaching staff regonizing the talent they have and adapting to the special talent they received, theyve
    made AD conform to their style of play...when he first came to OU the coaches complained he hit the holes to quick, but instead of changing him telling him to wait they set him 3 yards deeper to dot the I , and when he hit the holes he was at full speed and crankin...Utilize the talent, dont alter it
    Except you can't really get away with that in the NFL. Last year, if Peterson was in the game, and he was lined up 10 yards back, it was a run. If he was 7 yards deep, it was a pass. I was picking up on that pretty early in the season last year. You can't tip your hand like that. Now, assuming that the coaching staff aren't complete morons (and that is a stretch, I'll admit), I'm sure there is a valid reason you can't be 10 yards back to start a pass-blocking assignment. So the obvious solution is to start him 7 yards back on all the plays.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    So what your saying is that AD had no room for improvement and that he was NFL ready coming out of college with no need for coaching.............

WOW.
    Sounds like you got a bad case of CSA with respect to AD.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=34093.0
    What Im saying IS AD was ready to set the NFL on its ear, he is a Star and was ready to roll, changing what he naturally does is just stupid....But you say He needs put in his place and needs to learn more befor he just let loose on the NFL ....Runningbacks " get it, or they dont" its almost a artform with the great ones...
    and if theres any CSA its Marrdro and the prophet for this coaching staff
    WOW,

I went back and doubled checked.
    I just don't see anything in any of my posts were I said "He needs to be put in his place".

As to needing to learn more, yes, I have said that about every player and not just AD.
    To sit here and think that someone knows everything there is about his craft and can't learn anything is a bit off the mark IMHO.

Comeon my friend.
    You are making way to much out of my comments with respect to critiquing AD.
    He is a great talent and a great addition to this team......and yes, he does need to listen to his coaches as he has room to grow which will make him even better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Prophet" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    [.....and if theres any CSA its Marrdro and the prophet for this coaching staff
    I have my critiques on the coaching staff too.
    I just don't pull stuff from my jiggly butt and pretend it is fact when I am supporting, critiquing, or neutral on a stance.

The Big 12 does not the NFL make.
    I was gonna let that one go.
    Obviously he missed all the stuff I hack on the coaches for especially my recent rants about how they all need to be fired.

Obviously CSA does weird things to a mans brain.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

Yah AP was totally ready when teams started stacking 8 in the box and he was rushing for 20 yards a game!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I don't like how they changed his style

But you do need to learn how to read a D and not just go off pure athletisim

"V4L" wrote:
    I don't like how they changed his style

But you do need to learn how to read a D and not just go off pure athletisim
    Did they really change his style though or just work with him on how he hits the whole.

Sometimes it pays to hit it and hit it hard (whole is there right away), sometimes it pays to let the blocking work a bit (hole isn't there instantly).
    Coaches are just working with him on his ability to recognize the difference.

Ranger is offline Coach

The best way I've heard his running described so far is that he "runs like he'll never touch the ball again."

As long as he's motivated works hard, which he ALWAYS has, he'll be fine.
    He wont be ruined by coaching.

I watched that Manimal all through his college years, as I'm a fan of a pair of Big 12 teams (Not Oklahoma, though).
    I knew he was money, and not like Bush....AD runs hard and violent and can explode through arm tackles.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Ranger" wrote:
    The best way I've heard his running described so far is that he "runs like he'll never touch the ball again."

As long as he's motivated works hard, which he ALWAYS has, he'll be fine.
    He wont be ruined by coaching.

I watched that Manimal all through his college years, as I'm a fan of a pair of Big 12 teams (Not Oklahoma, though).
    I knew he was money, and not like Bush....AD runs hard and violent and can explode through arm tackles.
    except he gets hung up by those pesty shoelace tackles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast