Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff i

"Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TrojanVike28" wrote:
    snip......Childress only knows how to make people hate him, .........snip
    I am sure Anthony Herrera agrees with you on that one.
    :
    Not that this has anything to do with anything but Herrera had a solid seal on a pull out which free'd up Peterson's big TD run. One good block by him and a poor play by the DB who didnt force peterson to the 12th man (sideline) allowed him to cut it back and just make Mike Brown look silly.

So good job Herrera. Here is your golden star.
    I couldn't help notice last year when he was named starter, how well he pulled.
    Very much of a mild suprise how quick he could get out and engage especially how quick AD hits the whole.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

We took Tony Richardson for granted.
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff i

Really good point.

What would Emmett Smith be without Darrell "Moose" Johnston. Even Smith recognizes this.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

Not so fast.

We didn't take Richardson for granted.
    The Vikings coaches and personnel guys did.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Minniman" wrote:
    Not so fast.

We didn't take Richardson for granted.
    The Vikings coaches and personnel guys did.
    Just because he blocked for "huggies" when he led the league in rushing and just because he blocked for AD when he tore up the league his rookie year doesn't mean he is any good.
    Oh wait, maybe he was.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

AD was better when he first got to the NFL, this Coaching staff keeps force feeding the crap to him ... they have slowed is initial burst because they tell him to wait...instead of the coaching staff regonizing the talent they have and adapting to the special talent they received, theyve
    made AD conform to their style of play...when he first came to OU the coaches complained he hit the holes to quick, but instead of changing him telling him to wait they set him 3 yards deeper to dot the I , and when he hit the holes he was at full speed and crankin...Utilize the talent, dont alter it

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    AD was better when he first got to the NFL, this Coaching staff keeps force feeding the crap to him ... they have slowed is initial burst because they tell him to wait...instead of the coaching staff regonizing the talent they have and adapting to the special talent they received, theyve
    made AD conform to their style of play...when he first came to OU the coaches complained he hit the holes to quick, but instead of changing him telling him to wait they set him 3 yards deeper to dot the I , and when he hit the holes he was at full speed and crankin...Utilize the talent, dont alter it
    So what your saying is that AD had no room for improvement and that he was NFL ready coming out of college with no need for coaching.............

WOW.
    Sounds like you got a bad case of CSA with respect to AD.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=34093.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    So what your saying is that AD had no room for improvement and that he was NFL ready coming out of college with no need for coaching.............

WOW.
    Sounds like you got a bad case of CSA with respect to AD.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=34093.0
    There isn't a professional alive, in any field, that doesn't have room for improvement.
    You called this one correctly Marr:

What is a crotch sniffer?
    A person that follows an individual player and never accepts that the player can do wrong, regardless of the evidence against him.
    There is no team concept.
    It is curable though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Let's think back to Tice's comments about the Randy Moss ratio.
    That was brilliant.
    When Childress was given the same opportunity to make an asanine comment to reporters it played out a bit more professionally:

Peterson is used in a variety of formations and Childress was asked if he felt the second-year player was more explosive in certain ones. "We have some feelings on that, but I don't know that I'd share them with you," he said. "He had a 54-yard run with a back in front of him [Sunday]. I have a sense of what I think about that but I'm not going to put it too far out there."
    He should have told them his thoughts, they would have liked him more.
    There is nothing more satisfying than holding hands with a flunky journalist.
    weird... that won't bode well with the "FB is unnecessary" crowd.
    Too bad almost every big run he had last year was in a single back set.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Let's think back to Tice's comments about the Randy Moss ratio.
    That was brilliant.
    When Childress was given the same opportunity to make an asanine comment to reporters it played out a bit more professionally:

Peterson is used in a variety of formations and Childress was asked if he felt the second-year player was more explosive in certain ones. "We have some feelings on that, but I don't know that I'd share them with you," he said. "He had a 54-yard run with a back in front of him [Sunday]. I have a sense of what I think about that but I'm not going to put it too far out there."
    He should have told them his thoughts, they would have liked him more.
    There is nothing more satisfying than holding hands with a flunky journalist.
    weird... that won't bode well with the "FB is unnecessary" crowd.
    Too bad almost every big run he had last year was in a single back set.
    Oh boy.
    I better go get my "Oh snap" gloves out of the closet.
    ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast