Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

Adrian Peterson rushed for 121 yards on 22 carries and two touchdowns Sunday in the Vikings' 48-41 loss at Chicago, including a 54-yard scoring dash in the third quarter.

Coach Brad Childress found at least one teachable moment for his Pro Bowl running back. It came in the second quarter, after Peterson lost 3 yards on a first-and-10 run to the right. On the next play, Peterson went left and lost another 4 yards.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...PmP:QiUiacyKUU

Damn Chiller.
    Messing with AD's head.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

Let's think back to Tice's comments about the Randy Moss ratio.
    That was brilliant.
    When Childress was given the same opportunity to make an asanine comment to reporters it played out a bit more professionally:

Peterson is used in a variety of formations and Childress was asked if he felt the second-year player was more explosive in certain ones. "We have some feelings on that, but I don't know that I'd share them with you," he said. "He had a 54-yard run with a back in front of him [Sunday]. I have a sense of what I think about that but I'm not going to put it too far out there."
    He should have told them his thoughts, they would have liked him more.
    There is nothing more satisfying than holding hands with a flunky journalist.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff is wo

"Prophet" wrote:
    That was brilliant.
    When Childress was given the same opportunity to make an asanine comment to reporters it played out a bit more professionally:

Peterson is used in a variety of formations and Childress was asked if he felt the second-year player was more explosive in certain ones. "We have some feelings on that, but I don't know that I'd share them with you," he said. "He had a 54-yard run with a back in front of him [Sunday]. I have a sense of what I think about that but I'm not going to put it too far out there."
    weird... that won't bode well with the "FB is unnecessary" crowd.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Anyone who thinks that Tice gave away any useful information to opponents with that statement is clearly thinking with their asshole and not being objectively rational.

Once again here is his direct quote, which has since been contorted to look much different than it was:

My vision this year is that we'll win more than we lose. I believe we can get to the playoffs. Being as young as we are, if we can start fast, I think that can carry over. Confidence is a factor in any sport, and when you have a lot of good, young athletes who start believing, look out.

Of course, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is going to be a direct correlation between our success and the role Randy Moss plays.

The first assignment I gave Charlie Baggett, our receivers coach, was to count every ball thrown in Randy's direction in a game last year and look at the results. One thing that popped up in Charlie's eyes was that when we threw the ball in Randy's direction 40 percent of the time, we won 80 percent of those games. We only did that in five games, but we won four of those five. So we're going to shoot for that ratio with Randy this season.

We're going to have a lot of different ways for Randy to touch the ball. About all he used to run were vertical and deep in routes. But he's going to catch a lot more of those short, intermediate passes--those dodge routes that used to be Cris Carter's forte. You're going to see him run comebacks, go vertical, come out of the backfield on little swing routes and even run reverses.
    I fail to see where this is going to help anyone defend the Vikings. It was obvious long before that statement that Moss was our main threat and teams had to try to stop him. And he actually changed the way moss ran routes so that he wasn't just running fly routes straight down the field. I fail to see how that made it easier to cover him and stop the offense.

Yes, he did say he was going to shoot for that ratio, but for gods sake, he did say they were going to attempt,not mandate that number and he didn't say when he was going to throw the frickin ball.

It was far more obvious watching the Vikings last year to know that when CT came in on 3rd down it was a pass and if AP stayed in it would be a run. You don't need a press release to figure that one out.

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff i

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That was brilliant.

weird... that won't bode well with the "FB is unnecessary" crowd.
    Thank goodness it didn't attack the "FB isn't used much in this scheme" crowd.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson rushed for 121 yards on 22 carries and two touchdowns Sunday in the Vikings' 48-41 loss at Chicago, including a 54-yard scoring dash in the third quarter.

Coach Brad Childress found at least one teachable moment for his Pro Bowl running back. It came in the second quarter, after Peterson lost 3 yards on a first-and-10 run to the right. On the next play, Peterson went left and lost another 4 yards.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...PmP:QiUiacyKUU

gol 'darnit Chiller.
    Messing with AD's head.
    Chiller also forgot to mention that he was so intent on proving his superior coaching that on the next down he called another run - this time for a paltry 2 yd gain.... luckily his kicker nailed a 46yd FG to save his butt on that drive. Earlier in the same series AD had an 8 yd gain so I don't buy that within two plays he forgot how to follow his blocks.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I find the idea of Childress teaching Peterson ANYTHING to be hilarious. That's like Ru Paul trying to teach Jimi Hendrix how to play the guitar.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

Childress only knows QB's....
    ;D He's a joke. I hope to god he isn't teaching Peterson how to do anything. Peterson is fine what he is doing now. Childress only knows how to make people hate him, and how to get one of the most talented teams in the NFL to miss the playoffs. Rediculous... Fire Childress, clap--clap--clap--clap--clap.

Re: Adrian Peterson needs to follow his blocks -- something the coaching staff i

"TrojanVike28" wrote:
    snip......Childress only knows how to make people hate him, .........snip
    I am sure Anthony Herrera agrees with you on that one.
    :

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TrojanVike28" wrote:
    snip......Childress only knows how to make people hate him, .........snip
    I am sure Anthony Herrera agrees with you on that one.

:
    Not that this has anything to do with anything but Herrera had a solid seal on a pull out which free'd up Peterson's big TD run. One good block by him and a poor play by the DB who didnt force peterson to the 12th man (sideline) allowed him to cut it back and just make Mike Brown look silly.

So good job Herrera. Here is your golden star.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast