Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    "V" wrote:
    Sigh, I shouldn't have to post this again.

    1st Drive: 0-0
    3 Runs, 5 passes
    We pass on every first down during this drive.
    Result: Punt

    2nd Drive: 0-0
    3 runs, 3 passes
    I can't agree with us being in shotgun on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 2. I will say though that because we were running well at this point, the playaction pass was working great.
    Result: Fumble

    3rd drive: 0-7
    2 runs, 7 passes.
    Some will blame penalties for the pass heaviness on this drive. I don't. We were lined up in shotgun BEFORE the two penalties. It was 2nd and 7. That should be a running down for us. Then, we get the 1st down, and choose to pass again! Result? sack.
    Result: Punt

    4th Drive: 0-7
    3 runs, 2 passes.
    We come out passing, but a penalty saves us. Then we give it to Peterson 3 times in a row for an average of 6 yards per carry! The drive is looking good, then all of a sudden, on 3rd and 2, we pass. How does this make sense to anyone?
    Result: Punt

    5th Drive: 0-7
    4 runs, 1 pass.
    This was a 66 yard drive. Guess how many yards we got passing on it? ZERO. The one pass was on 3rd and 4, from the shotgun...sigh .
    Result: FG

    6th Drive: 3-7
    1 run, 3 passes.
    A play action pass set up by our effective running works for 40 yards. Also, why does Bevell refuse to run on 2nd and 8? I'm assuming because he will pass on 3rd and 3 anyways. A decent drive but I would like to see more running in the redzone.
    Result: FG

    7th Drive: 6-13
    3 runs, 4 passes.
    This was a 50 yard drive. We had net passing yardage of 8 yards on it.
    Result FG:

    8th Drive: 9-13
    1 run, 2 passes.
    We one for 2 yards, then "oh no! 2nd and 8 so "We must pass" I'll take this opportunity to state that we ran on 2nd and 5 or more 4 times. We got the first down 3 out of those 4 attempts.
    Result: Punt.

    9th Drive: 9-16
    1 run, 2 passes.
    I understand the passing on this one, because Taylor got stuffed on first down. Still, it shows how we struggle when we have to depend on the pass.
    Result: Punt.

    I'll stop here because we were down by 14 for the next drive, and passing was the right thing to do. 21 runs, 29 passes. That is not my main point though. My main point is that we were super effective when we ran the ball.

    As I said before, we were 3 for 4 when running on second and 5 or more. Peterson's 55 yarder came on 2nd and 5. Taylor's 37 yarder came on 2nd and 10. Hmmm.

    Also notice that in a scoreless 1st quarter, we ran 8 times and passed 15 times. Then in the 2nd quarter we ran 8 times and passed 6 times. Coming away with 2 FG. Hmmm.

    Taylor should see 15 touches a game, not 9. Peterson should see 20, if not 25 touches a game, not 13. Run the ball 40 times. Run it on 1st and 10. Run it on 2nd and 8. Run it on 3rd and 4.
    As far as the possessions in the 2nd half go, IMO the playcalling was absolutely miserable. There we tons of opportunities to run. We chose not to. Taylor broke his 37 yarder on a 2nd and 10, yet you say "not alot of options to run especially when AD left us in second and long." I just don't get it.

    We have the ability to run at will, but we choose not to. Instead we give Holcomb the ball and ask him to make a play. It's lunacy.
    Sigh.......

    1st Drive: 0-0
    3 Runs, 5 passes
    We pass on every first down during this drive.
    Result: Punt

    1-10-MIN 21
    (14:55) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 49-T.Richardson pushed ob at MIN 30 for 9 yards (56-N.Barnett).

    2-1-MIN 30
    (14:31) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 18-S.Rice (24-J.Bush).

    3-1-MIN 30
    (14:25) 83-J.Dugan up the middle to MIN 33 for 3 yards (97-J.Jolly).

    1-10-MIN 33
    (13:49) 13-K.Holcomb pass short left to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 39 for 6 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

    2-4-MIN 39
    (13:11) 29-C.Taylor up the middle to MIN 44 for 5 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

    1-10-MIN 44
    (12:30) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 29-C.Taylor.

    2-10-MIN 44
    (12:25) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 44 for no gain (56-N.Barnett, 50-A.Hawk).

    3-10-MIN 44
    (11:46) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 18-S.Rice.


    2nd Drive: 0-0
    3 runs, 3 passes
    I can't agree with us being in shotgun on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 2. I will say though that because we were running well at this point, the playaction pass was working great.
    Result: Fumble

    1-10-MIN 20
    (9:47) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 28 for 8 yards (50-A.Hawk, 77-C.Jenkins).

    2-2-MIN 28
    (9:11) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short middle to 28-A.Peterson.

    3-2-MIN 28
    (9:05) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 19-B.Wade to MIN 33 for 5 yards (21-C.Woodson). Penalty on GB-21-C.Woodson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

    1-10-MIN 33
    (8:37) 28-A.Peterson left end to MIN 37 for 4 yards (79-R.Pickett).

    2-6-MIN 37
    (7:57) 28-A.Peterson left end pushed ob at MIN 47 for 10 yards (20-A.Bigby).

    1-10-MIN 47
    (7:24) 13-K.Holcomb pass intended for 19-B.Wade INTERCEPTED by 21-C.Woodson at GB 42. 21-C.Woodson for 58 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on GB-21-C.Woodson, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 47 - No Play.

    1-10-GB 48
    (7:11) 13-K.Holcomb pass short left to 83-J.Dugan to GB 34 for 14 yards (20-A.Bigby). FUMBLES (20-A.Bigby), RECOVERED by GB-97-J.Jolly at GB 35. 97-J.Jolly to MIN 46 for 19 yards (78-M.Birk).


    That fumble killed me.
    ;D

    Comeone man.
    I ain't gonna break down the play by play anybody can do that.
    Who cares how many we passed and how many we ran for ever series.
    It is all about down and distance and game time sitautions.

    Do you really think we should run every play?
    Every football fan in the world knows that you have to have balance to win and one dimensional teams loose.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #32
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Sigh, I shouldn't have to post this again.

    1st Drive: 0-0
    3 Runs, 5 passes
    We pass on every first down during this drive.
    Result: Punt

    2nd Drive: 0-0
    3 runs, 3 passes
    I can't agree with us being in shotgun on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 2. I will say though that because we were running well at this point, the playaction pass was working great.
    Result: Fumble

    3rd drive: 0-7
    2 runs, 7 passes.
    Some will blame penalties for the pass heaviness on this drive. I don't. We were lined up in shotgun BEFORE the two penalties. It was 2nd and 7. That should be a running down for us. Then, we get the 1st down, and choose to pass again! Result? sack.
    Result: Punt

    4th Drive: 0-7
    3 runs, 2 passes.
    We come out passing, but a penalty saves us. Then we give it to Peterson 3 times in a row for an average of 6 yards per carry! The drive is looking good, then all of a sudden, on 3rd and 2, we pass. How does this make sense to anyone?
    Result: Punt

    5th Drive: 0-7
    4 runs, 1 pass.
    This was a 66 yard drive. Guess how many yards we got passing on it? ZERO. The one pass was on 3rd and 4, from the shotgun...sigh .
    Result: FG

    6th Drive: 3-7
    1 run, 3 passes.
    A play action pass set up by our effective running works for 40 yards. Also, why does Bevell refuse to run on 2nd and 8? I'm assuming because he will pass on 3rd and 3 anyways. A decent drive but I would like to see more running in the redzone.
    Result: FG

    7th Drive: 6-13
    3 runs, 4 passes.
    This was a 50 yard drive. We had net passing yardage of 8 yards on it.
    Result FG:

    8th Drive: 9-13
    1 run, 2 passes.
    We one for 2 yards, then "oh no! 2nd and 8 so "We must pass" I'll take this opportunity to state that we ran on 2nd and 5 or more 4 times. We got the first down 3 out of those 4 attempts.
    Result: Punt.

    9th Drive: 9-16
    1 run, 2 passes.
    I understand the passing on this one, because Taylor got stuffed on first down. Still, it shows how we struggle when we have to depend on the pass.
    Result: Punt.

    I'll stop here because we were down by 14 for the next drive, and passing was the right thing to do. 21 runs, 29 passes. That is not my main point though. My main point is that we were super effective when we ran the ball.

    As I said before, we were 3 for 4 when running on second and 5 or more. Peterson's 55 yarder came on 2nd and 5. Taylor's 37 yarder came on 2nd and 10. Hmmm.

    Also notice that in a scoreless 1st quarter, we ran 8 times and passed 15 times. Then in the 2nd quarter we ran 8 times and passed 6 times. Coming away with 2 FG. Hmmm.

    Taylor should see 15 touches a game, not 9. Peterson should see 20, if not 25 touches a game, not 13. Run the ball 40 times. Run it on 1st and 10. Run it on 2nd and 8. Run it on 3rd and 4.
    As far as the possessions in the 2nd half go, IMO the playcalling was absolutely miserable. There we tons of opportunities to run. We chose not to. Taylor broke his 37 yarder on a 2nd and 10, yet you say "not alot of options to run especially when AD left us in second and long." I just don't get it.

    We have the ability to run at will, but we choose not to. Instead we give Holcomb the ball and ask him to make a play. It's lunacy.
    Sigh.......

    1st Drive: 0-0
    3 Runs, 5 passes
    We pass on every first down during this drive.
    Result: Punt

    1-10-MIN 21
    (14:55) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 49-T.Richardson pushed ob at MIN 30 for 9 yards (56-N.Barnett).

    2-1-MIN 30
    (14:31) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 18-S.Rice (24-J.Bush).

    3-1-MIN 30
    (14:25) 83-J.Dugan up the middle to MIN 33 for 3 yards (97-J.Jolly).

    1-10-MIN 33
    (13:49) 13-K.Holcomb pass short left to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 39 for 6 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

    2-4-MIN 39
    (13:11) 29-C.Taylor up the middle to MIN 44 for 5 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

    1-10-MIN 44
    (12:30) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 29-C.Taylor.

    2-10-MIN 44
    (12:25) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 44 for no gain (56-N.Barnett, 50-A.Hawk).

    3-10-MIN 44
    (11:46) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 18-S.Rice.


    2nd Drive: 0-0
    3 runs, 3 passes
    I can't agree with us being in shotgun on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 2. I will say though that because we were running well at this point, the playaction pass was working great.
    Result: Fumble

    1-10-MIN 20
    (9:47) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 28 for 8 yards (50-A.Hawk, 77-C.Jenkins).

    2-2-MIN 28
    (9:11) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short middle to 28-A.Peterson.

    3-2-MIN 28
    (9:05) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 19-B.Wade to MIN 33 for 5 yards (21-C.Woodson). Penalty on GB-21-C.Woodson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

    1-10-MIN 33
    (8:37) 28-A.Peterson left end to MIN 37 for 4 yards (79-R.Pickett).

    2-6-MIN 37
    (7:57) 28-A.Peterson left end pushed ob at MIN 47 for 10 yards (20-A.Bigby).

    1-10-MIN 47
    (7:24) 13-K.Holcomb pass intended for 19-B.Wade INTERCEPTED by 21-C.Woodson at GB 42. 21-C.Woodson for 58 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on GB-21-C.Woodson, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 47 - No Play.

    1-10-GB 48
    (7:11) 13-K.Holcomb pass short left to 83-J.Dugan to GB 34 for 14 yards (20-A.Bigby). FUMBLES (20-A.Bigby), RECOVERED by GB-97-J.Jolly at GB 35. 97-J.Jolly to MIN 46 for 19 yards (78-M.Birk).


    That fumble killed me.

    ;D

    Comeone man.
    I ain't gonna break down the play by play anybody can do that.
    Who cares how many we passed and how many we ran for ever series.
    It is all about down and distance and game time sitautions.

    Do you really think we should run every play?
    Every football fan in the world knows that you have to have balance to win and one dimensional teams loose.

    If you even care to actually read that summary, I did look at down and distances. I went throught every single play when I made my analysis. This "balanced attack" you have been talking about is barely happening, as we have passed more and more every single game. Also, this "balanced attack" you have been talking about is not working. Whats the point in striving for a balanced attack if it sucks? We should run the ball not to keep balanced, but because we are good at it.

    I'm not sure why you decided to bold those yardages and the two penalties, yet disregarded incomplete passes. In case you dodn't notice, incomplete passes = no gain. Thus, while AD was stopped for no gain thrice, Holcomb was stopped for no gain about 18 times.

    Also, in response to whether I care about whether we run or pass, I'll quote my self again. "21 runs, 29 passes. That is not my main point though. My main point is that we were super effective when we ran the ball.

    I care much more that we pass on every first down during our first drive of the game. I care much more that we barely run on 2nd and long, even though we are effective when we do. I care much more that we show shotgun, and empty backfield formations on 3rd and 2, and 3rd and 4.

    That analysis goes so much deeper into the game than just looking at the number of runs and passes.

    In the end, and as I have said all along, the talent does not fit the scheme. We need to run to set up the pass.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #33
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?

    Did you know the Packers offense comprises of
    82% passing?

    Did you know that the Packers are 4-0?

    Did you know that it is different strokes for different folks?

    Vikings just aren't getting it done no matter how you look at it.
    Put us in a web paper bag and we couldn't get out with our execution.
    LOL!
    Only way to look from here is up.

    Adrian seems like he is the only one that we can count on.
    Hence back on track he is deserving of the Rookie of the month.
    He might be the Vikings MVP by the end of the year too.

  4. #34
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Sigh, I shouldn't have to post this again.

    1st Drive: 0-0
    3 Runs, 5 passes
    We pass on every first down during this drive.
    Result: Punt

    2nd Drive: 0-0
    3 runs, 3 passes
    I can't agree with us being in shotgun on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 2. I will say though that because we were running well at this point, the playaction pass was working great.
    Result: Fumble

    3rd drive: 0-7
    2 runs, 7 passes.
    Some will blame penalties for the pass heaviness on this drive. I don't. We were lined up in shotgun BEFORE the two penalties. It was 2nd and 7. That should be a running down for us. Then, we get the 1st down, and choose to pass again! Result? sack.
    Result: Punt

    4th Drive: 0-7
    3 runs, 2 passes.
    We come out passing, but a penalty saves us. Then we give it to Peterson 3 times in a row for an average of 6 yards per carry! The drive is looking good, then all of a sudden, on 3rd and 2, we pass. How does this make sense to anyone?
    Result: Punt

    5th Drive: 0-7
    4 runs, 1 pass.
    This was a 66 yard drive. Guess how many yards we got passing on it? ZERO. The one pass was on 3rd and 4, from the shotgun...sigh .
    Result: FG

    6th Drive: 3-7
    1 run, 3 passes.
    A play action pass set up by our effective running works for 40 yards. Also, why does Bevell refuse to run on 2nd and 8? I'm assuming because he will pass on 3rd and 3 anyways. A decent drive but I would like to see more running in the redzone.
    Result: FG

    7th Drive: 6-13
    3 runs, 4 passes.
    This was a 50 yard drive. We had net passing yardage of 8 yards on it.
    Result FG:

    8th Drive: 9-13
    1 run, 2 passes.
    We one for 2 yards, then "oh no! 2nd and 8 so "We must pass" I'll take this opportunity to state that we ran on 2nd and 5 or more 4 times. We got the first down 3 out of those 4 attempts.
    Result: Punt.

    9th Drive: 9-16
    1 run, 2 passes.
    I understand the passing on this one, because Taylor got stuffed on first down. Still, it shows how we struggle when we have to depend on the pass.
    Result: Punt.

    I'll stop here because we were down by 14 for the next drive, and passing was the right thing to do. 21 runs, 29 passes. That is not my main point though. My main point is that we were super effective when we ran the ball.

    As I said before, we were 3 for 4 when running on second and 5 or more. Peterson's 55 yarder came on 2nd and 5. Taylor's 37 yarder came on 2nd and 10. Hmmm.

    Also notice that in a scoreless 1st quarter, we ran 8 times and passed 15 times. Then in the 2nd quarter we ran 8 times and passed 6 times. Coming away with 2 FG. Hmmm.

    Taylor should see 15 touches a game, not 9. Peterson should see 20, if not 25 touches a game, not 13. Run the ball 40 times. Run it on 1st and 10. Run it on 2nd and 8. Run it on 3rd and 4.
    As far as the possessions in the 2nd half go, IMO the playcalling was absolutely miserable. There we tons of opportunities to run. We chose not to. Taylor broke his 37 yarder on a 2nd and 10, yet you say "not alot of options to run especially when AD left us in second and long." I just don't get it.

    We have the ability to run at will, but we choose not to. Instead we give Holcomb the ball and ask him to make a play. It's lunacy.
    Sigh.......

    1st Drive: 0-0
    3 Runs, 5 passes
    We pass on every first down during this drive.
    Result: Punt

    1-10-MIN 21
    (14:55) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 49-T.Richardson pushed ob at MIN 30 for 9 yards (56-N.Barnett).

    2-1-MIN 30
    (14:31) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 18-S.Rice (24-J.Bush).

    3-1-MIN 30
    (14:25) 83-J.Dugan up the middle to MIN 33 for 3 yards (97-J.Jolly).

    1-10-MIN 33
    (13:49) 13-K.Holcomb pass short left to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 39 for 6 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

    2-4-MIN 39
    (13:11) 29-C.Taylor up the middle to MIN 44 for 5 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

    1-10-MIN 44
    (12:30) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 29-C.Taylor.

    2-10-MIN 44
    (12:25) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 44 for no gain (56-N.Barnett, 50-A.Hawk).

    3-10-MIN 44
    (11:46) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 18-S.Rice.


    2nd Drive: 0-0
    3 runs, 3 passes
    I can't agree with us being in shotgun on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 2. I will say though that because we were running well at this point, the playaction pass was working great.
    Result: Fumble

    1-10-MIN 20
    (9:47) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 28 for 8 yards (50-A.Hawk, 77-C.Jenkins).

    2-2-MIN 28
    (9:11) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short middle to 28-A.Peterson.

    3-2-MIN 28
    (9:05) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 19-B.Wade to MIN 33 for 5 yards (21-C.Woodson). Penalty on GB-21-C.Woodson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

    1-10-MIN 33
    (8:37) 28-A.Peterson left end to MIN 37 for 4 yards (79-R.Pickett).

    2-6-MIN 37
    (7:57) 28-A.Peterson left end pushed ob at MIN 47 for 10 yards (20-A.Bigby).

    1-10-MIN 47
    (7:24) 13-K.Holcomb pass intended for 19-B.Wade INTERCEPTED by 21-C.Woodson at GB 42. 21-C.Woodson for 58 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on GB-21-C.Woodson, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 47 - No Play.

    1-10-GB 48
    (7:11) 13-K.Holcomb pass short left to 83-J.Dugan to GB 34 for 14 yards (20-A.Bigby). FUMBLES (20-A.Bigby), RECOVERED by GB-97-J.Jolly at GB 35. 97-J.Jolly to MIN 46 for 19 yards (78-M.Birk).


    That fumble killed me.

    ;D

    Comeone man.
    I ain't gonna break down the play by play anybody can do that.
    Who cares how many we passed and how many we ran for ever series.
    It is all about down and distance and game time sitautions.

    Do you really think we should run every play?
    Every football fan in the world knows that you have to have balance to win and one dimensional teams loose.

    If you even care to actually read that summary, I did look at down and distances. I went throught every single play when I made my analysis. This "balanced attack" you have been talking about is barely happening, as we have passed more and more every single game. Also, this "balanced attack" you have been talking about is not working. Whats the point in striving for a balanced attack if it sucks? We should run the ball not to keep balanced, but because we are good at it.

    I'm not sure why you decided to bold those yardages and the two penalties, yet disregarded incomplete passes. In case you dodn't notice, incomplete passes = no gain. Thus, while AD was stopped for no gain thrice, Holcomb was stopped for no gain about 18 times.

    Also, in response to whether I care about whether we run or pass, I'll quote my self again. "21 runs, 29 passes. That is not my main point though. My main point is that we were super effective when we ran the ball.

    I care much more that we pass on every first down during our first drive of the game. I care much more that we barely run on 2nd and long, even though we are effective when we do. I care much more that we show shotgun, and empty backfield formations on 3rd and 2, and 3rd and 4.

    That analysis goes so much deeper into the game than just looking at the number of runs and passes.

    In the end, and as I have said all along, the talent does not fit the scheme. We need to run to set up the pass.
    Again, we loose our points on one another.

    I elected to bold a few instances to point out a few instances were the pass worked and some were the run didn't. Additionally, I bolded them to point out a few instances were things happened which put us in a situation that called for a pass i.e. Penalty, short gain, defense shows 9 in box?

    It isn't as simple as saying we need to run more than pass.
    Things happen that make the QB change a call or put the team in obvious passing situations.

    Am I a proponent of passing all the time? No, as a matter of fact I like a low scoring, grind it out kindof game rather than a blowout.
    Much better entertainment.
    But am I also blind to the fact that we should only run?
    No.

    I want a title just as bad the next guy and I say that history, basic football strategy tells us that a balanced offense is what will win championships and not a one dimensional teams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #35
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    A.P. is a stud.
    He has been tearing it up and will continue to do so.
    He deserved rookie of the month.
    He can catch and run, he is so explosive.

  6. #36
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    A.P. is a stud.
    He has been tearing it up and will continue to do so.
    He deserved rookie of the month.
    He can catch and run, he is so explosive.
    But he has also had difficulty pass blocking, which is why you don't see him in there a lot on pass plays.

    If I'm a defender, I'd be thinking pass whenever he's not in there. That's when Taylor, Richardson & Memo have to pound that ball thru for good yards to keep them honest. That will open up our passing game more.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #37
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    305

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuLW07X.rA8uKD0mN6RtX2tDubYF?slug=jc-vikingsmoore100907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

    "Multiple sources said running back Mewelde Moore is expected to be traded by the NFL trade deadline on Oct. 16."


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    My question is who do we have on practice squad for runningbacks. We lost Ciatric Fason and Artose Pinner. So if we lose Mywelde Moore we got 2 backs. We need to get a third you know. Its pretty much a given to have a back up to those two starters.
    So anyone
    know whos on the practice squad or maybe in free agency because that also means we'll have one less man on the roster
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  9. #39
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    A.P. is a stud.
    He has been tearing it up and will continue to do so.
    He deserved rookie of the month.
    He can catch and run, he is so explosive.
    But he has also had difficulty pass blocking, which is why you don't see him in there a lot on pass plays.

    If I'm a defender, I'd be thinking pass whenever he's not in there. That's when Taylor, Richardson & Memo have to pound that ball thru for good yards to keep them honest. That will open up our passing game more.
    Nice observation, Singer.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #40
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Adrian Peterson Named Rookie of Month

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    My question is who do we have on practice squad for runningbacks. We lost Ciatric Fason and Artose Pinner. So if we lose Mywelde Moore we got 2 backs. We need to get a third you know. Its pretty much a given to have a back up to those two starters.
    So anyone
    know whos on the practice squad or maybe in free agency because that also means we'll have one less man on the roster
    Arkee Whitlock

    Is he any good running at the pro level? Don't know.

    Is he any good at pass blocking at the pro level? Don't know.

    Is he any good returning kicks at the pro level? Don't know.

    Is he any good at catching passes at the pro level? Don't know.

    Yeah sounds good to me. Let's trade Memo & go with this guy as our 2nd RB if AD or C-Tay goes down.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Adrian Peterson Named FedEx Ground POTW
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 01:20 PM
  2. Adrian Peterson named 2007 Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 09:17 AM
  3. Adrian Peterson named NFC Offensive Player of Week 9
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
  4. Peterson named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for October
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 04:35 AM
  5. Chargers | McNeill named AFC Offensive Rookie of the Month
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 08:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •