Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Adrian Peterson named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week

[size=13pt]Adrian Peterson bags yet another award[/size]

Last update: October 16, 2007 – 4:21 PM
    startribune.com

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week today after rushing for 224 yards in Sunday’s victory at Chicago...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Adrian Peterson named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week

What a total no brainer, he's simply the best second string running back in the league. And with Chester, they form a formidable 1-2 punch that now leads the league in rushing. Adrian will make this whole team play over their heads, and this offense will get it's identity from our power running game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Peterson's Big Day[/size]

10/16/2007
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Peterson is the first Vikings rookie to earn NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors since Randy Moss won the award for his performance at Dallas (11/26/98).....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice.
    Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice.
    Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?
    well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
    i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice.
    Glad for him.

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
    i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.
    Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.

He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Adrian Peterson as NFC Offensive Player of the week: if this isn't a no-brainer nothing is.

And I don't think that Pissy Whiner and the Moaners will come back out if AD gets 100 yards as long as we win.

Should we lose, no matter how close the game or how well anyone plays, they will return in full force.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice.
    Glad for him.

He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
    Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice.
    Glad for him.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
    Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.
    I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
    And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
    Here's to his continue health.
    ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice.
    Glad for him.

I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
    And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
    Here's to his continue health.
    ;D
    The thing that makes me mad is that he was on pace to easily break 200 against Green Bay...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast