View Poll Results: Who should be the MVP of 2012?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrian Peterson

15 83.33%
  • Peyton Manning

3 16.67%
  • Tom Brady

0 0%
  • J.J. Watt

0 0%
  • Aldon Smith

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    When I look at it, I think of who is most valuable to their team's chance at succeeding.

Peyton Manning of course has an argument. He's on pace for another 4000 yard season (his neck should have NOTHING to do with it, same as AP's knee should have nothing to do with it) and probably 35-40 TDs. Great season.

But it's not even the best statistical season in the league.

Mannings season is good, but is he truly the most valuable player? Last season the Broncos went to the playoffs. In the past couple years, they had Lloyd be in the top few receivers for yards... without Manning. They had a great Defense, they had a good offense with the likes of Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. Manning didn't change that. He improved on the offense, but without Manning, if they kept Orton, I bet they're still in playoff talks.

If AP doesn't play...... i'm not sure we win 3 games, it's that simple.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    We are all homers, but think about it, if we don't have AP, we have MAYBE three wins this year and that is a big MAYBE. I would say it's going to be a close race between Manning, Brady and AP though, most likely going to one of the QBs unfortunately because they will be in the playoffs and it's going to take a minor miracle for us to get in.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Tough decision. My vote goes with Peterson of course. Manning has also been amazing. Think about it. Playing football after a neck injury? With all of the violent hits? I dont know, is that a love for the game or what? And Peterson is even better than before like Steve Austin? I think Peterson deserves it more. Take nothing away from Manning, but the Broncos were allready a good team and it is duly noted. Adrian Peterson.
    The injuries shouldn't factor into the MVP like a lot of the talking heads are doing. That is what the comeback player of the year award is.

The MVP is for a player who makes a huge difference on the team by playing for that team, who if they didn't have said player would be a much worse team than they are.

Greenie stated he wouldn't give it to Manning or Brady, because he expects those types of performances out of them, which is 100% wrong. It doesn't matter if it's expected, it's how much of a difference maker are they by playing for their respective teams.

With that said, IMO without AD, our team our offense would drop considerably right now. It's a lot more noticeable now with Harvin out. Harvin brought us a lot of success himself when he was playing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The injuries shouldn't factor into the MVP like a lot of the talking heads are doing. That is what the comeback player of the year award is.

The MVP is for a player who makes a huge difference on the team by playing for that team, who if they didn't have said player would be a much worse team than they are.

Greenie stated he wouldn't give it to Manning or Brady, because he expects those types of performances out of them, which is 100% wrong. It doesn't matter if it's expected, it's how much of a difference maker are they by playing for their respective teams.

With that said, IMO without AD, our team our offense would drop considerably right now. It's a lot more noticeable now with Harvin out. Harvin brought us a lot of success himself when he was playing.
    I agree with that, NE and Denver could still be playoff contenders with out Brady or Manning, they may not go far but they could still win games. Vikings without Peterson would be struggling to meet last seasons record.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think he would need to reach 2000 yards, and the Vikings win out and make the playoffs. Peterson may have the most impressive season, but QB is a more valuable position.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I think he would need to reach 2000 yards, and the Vikings win out and make the playoffs. Peterson may have the most impressive season, but QB is a more valuable position.
    Not on the Vikings...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12