View Poll Results: Who should be the MVP of 2012?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrian Peterson

15 83.33%
  • Peyton Manning

3 16.67%
  • Tom Brady

0 0%
  • J.J. Watt

0 0%
  • Aldon Smith

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Helmut Adrian Peterson For MVP 2012

You know this had to come sooner or later! Get it? Oklahoma Sooner... Adrian's alma mater... ok, moving on! Adrian Peterson is (as the whole NFL and all of its viewers should be familiar with by now) a supernatural freak of a man in cleats... or a cyborg sent back in time from the future... either way, he is on a level of his own and he has been the best back since he entered the NFL for 5 years ago. Challengers, such as Chris Johnson and Arian Foster, has come-and-gone, but Adrian has always been the consistent top performer at the running back position. Stats speaks for itself, but put on the film and you'll be even more impressed and understand that this guy is special. The man/cyborg is notoriously know for his yards after contact and despite his size, Adrian has the speed and explosiveness that rivals even the fast small backs. Combine that with rare strength and toughness and you might be witnessing the best running back the world has seen in a long time... perhaps the best ever when it's all said and done.

Adrian is a man who plays out of his body. He's simply too big to be running so fast and move so quick, and too small to be shredding defensive players like he does every week. Like Micheal Irvin said: "who gets stronger as the body wears down? nobody but Adrian Peterson. It is mind-boggling what this guy is doing."

I agree with Deion Sanders: "The MVP is really the MVQB (Most Valuable QuarterBack). Lets put this to rest and give this thing to Adrian Peterson!"

You can see the clip for yourself here:

The NFL crew discuss the amazing Adrian Peterson

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    To put things in perspective, I just would like to show you the current stats with 3 weeks left to go this season.
    Top 10 running backs in the NFL
    Rank__Name____________Team___carries___att/g___yards____average
    1______Adrian Peterson__MIN_____265______20.4___1,600____6.0
    2______Marshawn Lynch__SEA____261______20.1____1,266___4.9
    3______Doug Martin______TB_____264______20.3____1,234___4.7
    4______Alfred Morris______WAS___253______19.5____1,228___4.9
    5______Jamaal Charles____KC_____240______18.5____1,220___5.1
    6______Arian Foster______HOU____298______22.9___1,148___3.9
    7______Stevan Ridley_____NE_____243______18.7____1,082___4.5
    8______Chris Johnson_____TEN____223______17.2____1,037___4.7
    9______Frank Gore_______SF______211_____16.2____1,035___4.9
    10_____Ray Rice_________BAL_____218_____16.8_____993____4.6

It's Adrian.... then there's the rest. Remember Arian Foster who some people argued is better than Adrian Peterson last year. This season, Adrian averages MORE THAN TWO YARDS PER CARRY than him. Ridiculous!

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Look at the names on the poll. All these guys have talent around them to make them look better. Harvin was lost halfway thru the season. After him, who does AP have? Christian Ponder??!! Are you kidding me? The man has come back from a horrific knee injury that most athletes would still be nursing and definitely experiencing a loss of production. AP missed 1 game. His injury occured last X-mas eve. He started the 1st game of THIS season and every subsequent game and is getting stronger. He may be better now post-injury than ever. 123 yard avg per game, 6 yards per carry, on pace to rush for 2000 yards, 1600 yards already playing against defenses keying solely on stopping him. 7 and 8 man fronts every play because our QB is Christian Ponder. And this man is still putting up astronomical numbers. With absolutely no offensive help at all. And the Vikes are still in the playoff hunt! This man is having a career year with no offensive help, running thru 8 man fronts, and has the Vikings in the playoff picture all by himself (along with a pretty good defense).This should be no contest-Adrian Peterson is the 2012 MVP hands down.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    We probably miss the playoffs and AP won't get the MVP he deserves. Without him we don't sniff the playoffs. Manning took over a team that made the playoffs with Tebow for crying out loud. Not a great leap to get them back. But it's a "QB driven league" and Manning will likely get the MVP. Personally, I like old school, run over 'em football. If Minnesota can get a semblence of a passing game we could be a contender.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I think he deserves the MVP, but I have a feeling the media darling Manning is going to get it along with comeback player of the year. I'm not saying Manning doesn't deserve it, but when you look at the season AP is having, not only is he carrying this team, he's averaging 6 ypg while constantly facing 8-9 in the box. Without him we're a 2-14 team. It's going to be a crime to deny him at least co-MVP.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    If Manning takes the Broncos to the super bowl and wins it he will get MVP. No doubt. Other than that AP has no challengers IMO. Just think if we had lost one more game last year we might have had RGIII. Just think where we would be now. AP would have already broken Dickerson's record.
    Last edited by RK.; 12-11-2012 at 07:42 PM.

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    If Manning takes the Broncos to the super bowl and wins it he will get MVP. No doubt. Other than that AP has no challengers IMO. Just think if we had lost one more game last year we might have had RGIII. Just think where we would be now. AP would have already broken Dickerson's record.
    I could be wrong, But I think MVP is awarded prior to the superbowl. Regardless, Playoff performance is not SUPPOSED to be taken into account (but we all know it does get taken into account)
    Manning will get it, even if we make the superbowl.

Since 1990, only the following backs have been awarded MVP:

1991: Turman Thomas
    1993: Emmitt Smith
    1997: Barry Sanders (2000 yards) (co-winner with Brett Favre, his third consecutive win)
    1998: Terrell Davis (2000 yards)
    2000: Marshall Faulk
    2005: Shaun Alexander (TD record)
    2006: Ladainian Tomlinson (TD record)

That's 7/24 winners (2 2-winner seasons happened in that 22 year stretch)

To give some stats: There have only ever been two defenders (LT and Alan Page
    A Kicker won once in 1982 (Mark Moseley)

Otherwise, it's all RB and QB

17 RB, 37 QB, 1LB, 1DT, 1K

MVP my ass. Most valuable Quarterback is now the name of the game. You have to set records or major milestones to be considered if you're any other position.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    They give it to guys on winning teams the majority of the time. Adrian and Manning both deserve it. One will get MVP and the other will get comeback player of the year. If we win out, and make the playoffs I will change my vote to AP.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Yeah your right it is before the super bowl. If Manning does take them to the big dance he deserves it IMO. First year on a new team, new coaches, new receivers, new play book, etc. I wish we had gone after him when he was put on the trading block.

WWBGD

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Tough decision. My vote goes with Peterson of course. Manning has also been amazing. Think about it. Playing football after a neck injury? With all of the violent hits? I dont know, is that a love for the game or what? And Peterson is even better than before like Steve Austin? I think Peterson deserves it more. Take nothing away from Manning, but the Broncos were allready a good team and it is duly noted. Adrian Peterson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast