Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    995

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I have an idea
    building off of it.
    It's called the Peterson Percentage. We will make sure that at least 40% of our plays go to AD.
    And make sure we tell everyone about our super special plan.
    Might as well bring back Tice... At least he tried to get the ball to our best player and got us to the playoffs.
    Yes that's who I was making fun of.

  2. #12
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    answer me this question... how the HELL are you going to throw the ball 43 times and only run AP 18???
    that's just ridiculous... and he had 80 yds on 18 carries... WTF!!!!


    and we're gonna throw on 3rd and 1.. out of the shot gun?? not even playaction??... just ridiculous!!

  3. #13
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    629

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    Yes AP can be a weapon even if he doesn't get the ball, it's called play action, but we don't use it ... WHY? It was working so damn well early in the preseason that Tjack almost made me a believer.

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    Your logic is flawed.
    You are asserting that we won because AD has 20+ carries.
    It can just as easily be said that AD had more carries because we were ahead.
    You cannot confuse causation with correlation.

    We were fighting from a double digit deficit for much of this game.
    We were also going up against a team who is much, much better at defending the run than the pass.
    Considering those two pretty big aspects of the game, it would make sense that we pass more than run.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    The reason we threw the ball so much is simply do to playing from behind, especailly in the 4th quarter when it was mostly pass pass pass.

    IMO it doesn't matter if we give Peterson more carries, maybe keep him on the field more often in third down situations? Yes, but we are loosing as a team, we have to many flags, drops, and fumbles. We continuely give up good yardage to return men like we did at the end of game that resulted in us backed up all the way in their endzone.

    Peterson cannott save this team, nor can Gus Frerrotte, we must do it as a collective unit like we did against the Carolina Panthers.

  6. #16
    vikesnation is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I have an idea
    building off of it.
    It's called the Peterson Percentage. We will make sure that at least 40% of our plays go to AD.
    And make sure we tell everyone about our super special plan.
    Might as well bring back Tice... At least he tried to get the ball to our best player and got us to the playoffs.
    Hehe I said this as well. At least we were exciting to watch when we lost under Tice.Now we are just painfull to watch.

  7. #17
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)


  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:


    NOW!!

  9. #19
    swardsooner is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    120

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    Soonernation only shakes head in disbelief at how underused AD is.
    He dominated 4th quarters in college....couldn't get the ball enough, and brought the pain.

  10. #20
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Adrian Peterson - Less than 20 carries in 3 of 4. (My Theory)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Your logic is flawed.
    You are asserting that we won because AD has 20+ carries.
    It can just as easily be said that AD had more carries because we were ahead.
    You cannot confuse causation with correlation.

    We were fighting from a double digit deficit for much of this game.
    We were also going up against a team who is much, much better at defending the run than the pass.
    Considering those two pretty big aspects of the game, it would make sense that we pass more than run.
    Yah, that sure worked out well didn't it... :

    AD was effective in the first half when he got blocking, only a terrible coach would abandon the run being down by 10 points.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress wants 20 to 30 carries for Peterson
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
  2. Adrian Peterson laughs off 'Lions' best chance' theory
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 07:24 AM
  3. Peterson to get less carries, Taylor to get more carries?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 08:31 AM
  4. MOVED: Peterson to get less carries, Taylor to get more carries?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
  5. Adrian Peterson carries heartache
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •