singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Adrian Peterson joins VY, others for workouts

Peterson joins VY, others for Houston-area workouts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fc83ed/article/vikings-peterson-joins-vy-others-for-houstonarea-workouts?module=HP_headlines

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: Adrian Peterson joins VY, others for workouts

great post I think I posted this in the where are vikings forum already but its Adrian has always been worthy of his own thread!
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Of course we had to listen to Jammie Dukes and Moose Johnson rave on about how great a fit VY would be on the Vikes "Ready to Win" team.

Two things.......

Why is it so many on here don't think we have that caliber of a team but all the yutz reporters/analysts think so?

Why would we want VY. He's just TJ with a serious headcase.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    Career 689 1190 8098 57.9 6.81 73 42 42 75 75.7
    Career 354 603 3984 58.7 6.61 71 24 22 47 76.6

ESPN Stats
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097297
    Of course we had to listen to Jammie Dukes and Moose Johnson rave on about how great a fit VY would be on the Vikes "Ready to Win" team.

Two things.......

Why is it so many on here don't think we have that caliber of a team but all the yutz reporters/analysts think so?

ESPN Stats
    Two things:

1- They are yutz media hacks who probably got their intel from a college kid in Michigan.

2-Opinions vary.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Two things.......

ESPN Stats
    LMAO talk about flip-flop. Weren't you using Jamie Dukes' analysis in some other thread to try and prove a point?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097301

Two things.......

ESPN Stats
    LMAO talk about flip-flop. Weren't you using Jamie Dukes' analysis in some other thread to try and prove a point?
    It was sacrcism........Kindof a poke at all the cats on here who seem to think we have a crappy team.

In the end, as usual, your interpretation skills have failed you, .....Again.:P

Edit: and I don't try to prove anything on here. Thats for the debate site.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097306

Two things.......

ESPN Stats
    It was sacrcism........Kindof a poke at all the cats on here who seem to think we have a crappy team.

Personally I don't think we have a crappy team but last year we did, and this year we are the same team minus a hof qb good or bad, and a bunch more unknowns on the team. O-line has not been fixed and secondary should be a little better. I'm not dogging the team, but there is not a lot of evidence to suggest that we will be anything but mediocre for the next couple of years.
    Though they are my team good times and bad so I will support them no matter what.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Only difference between Young and Jackson is Young is a winner.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I watched this segment last night when it aired. While Dukes and Moose made some good points about how he could help the Vikes, I dismissed it. I do not want Vince on the team. I think we have a QB similar to him in Webb. I am not saying Webb has the same talent as VY. What I drew from it were the few shots of Adrian, looking like he is ready to go play today.

As to the crappy team notion, I am not willing to go there. You can see how fortunes of NFL teams can change from year to year. Variables like schedule, injuries, turmoil, and a couple of good breaks here or there can make a huge difference. This year it will be a different team. I am excited about our recent additions and remain hopeful that good things are soon to come!

Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1097311
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097306

Two things.......

ESPN Stats

Personally I don't think we have a crappy team but last year we did, and this year we are the same team minus a hof qb good or bad, and a bunch more unknowns on the team. O-line has not been fixed and secondary should be a little better. I'm not dogging the team, but there is not a lot of evidence to suggest that we will be anything but mediocre for the next couple of years.
    Though they are my team good times and bad so I will support them no matter what.
    I hear ya my friend, but I just can't buy into the side of the discussion that our 2010 team didn't suffere from alot of starters being gone.

Was the OL bad in 2009? You get those cats back healthy and you fix the OL from what was on the field in 2010.

Same applies to the secondary. Atleast for me, I was extremely happy with the way our secondary played considering who was on the field and how poorly our front 4 played with respect to getting pressure on the QB.

One thing I think that we can use for a indicator of the quality of team we have will be how many can we resign and what will the effort be to replace the ones we can't.

Will they go after Vets or will they opt back to the "Build through the draft" process and promote from the bench (i.e. Edwards replace with Griff).