Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    [size=12pt]Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory[/size]
    Posted Dec 5th 2007 8:07AM
    by Michael David Smith

    For a running back, averaging six yards per carry for a season is something like hitting .400. Jim Brown did it once. Barry Sanders did it once. O.J. Simpson did it once. And every single other player who gets mentioned in a discussion of the greatest running backs ever failed to do it at all...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #3
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice picture there too:


    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice read my friend.
    Did you catch the tidbit on Norwood.
    :

    Footnote: Jerious Norwood has averaged 6.4 over his first two seasons but only has 168 attempts. Might be high time to give the young man the ball.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice read my friend.
    Did you catch the tidbit on Norwood.
    :

    Footnote: Jerious Norwood has averaged 6.4 over his first two seasons but only has 168 attempts. Might be high time to give the young man the ball.
    I couldn't agree more with that footnote. Don't you all remember the first game of the season. The only player that were really scary on the Atlanta team were Norwood, that kept making big gains on our run D

    Still the Falcons were reluctant to give him the ball. He ended up with 5 carries for 33 yards, combined with 2 catches for 24 yards. On the other hand they gave it to Dunn 22 times, in which he got 55 yards, and 4 catches for 26 yards.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice read my friend.
    Did you catch the tidbit on Norwood.

    :

    Footnote: Jerious Norwood has averaged 6.4 over his first two seasons but only has 168 attempts. Might be high time to give the young man the ball.
    I couldn't agree more with that footnote. Don't you all remember the first game of the season. The only player that were really scary on the Atlanta team were Norwood, that kept making big gains on our run D

    Still the Falcons were reluctant to give him the ball. He ended up with 5 carries for 33 yards, combined with 2 catches for 24 yards. On the other hand they gave it to Dunn 22 times, in which he got 55 yards, and 4 catches for 26 yards.
    Saw him play a bunch of times in college, fun player to watch.
    He ain't no purple jesus though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice read my friend.
    Did you catch the tidbit on Norwood.
    :

    Footnote: Jerious Norwood has averaged 6.4 over his first two seasons but only has 168 attempts. Might be high time to give the young man the ball.
    I couldn't agree more with that footnote. Don't you all remember the first game of the season. The only player that were really scary on the Atlanta team were Norwood, that kept making big gains on our run D

    Still the Falcons were reluctant to give him the ball. He ended up with 5 carries for 33 yards, combined with 2 catches for 24 yards. On the other hand they gave it to Dunn 22 times, in which he got 55 yards, and 4 catches for 26 yards.
    Saw him play a bunch of times in college, fun player to watch.
    He ain't no purple jesus though.
    He's no PJ, but if I were Atlanta, I'd probably put the ball a lot more in his hands given my alternatives on the offensive side of the ball.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  8. #8
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice picture there too:

    look familiar?

    wallpapers

  9. #9
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice picture there too:

    look familiar?

    wallpapers
    lmao

    I should have known you'd made one with that.

    Lets hope you soon get to work on a playoff wallpaper

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  10. #10
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Adrian Peterson in Jim Brown Territory

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So it's actually a story that originated from this blog. I thought some of you might want to take a look at that.

    [size=13pt]Purple Jesus Pursues an Exalted Record[/size]

    By Jamie Mottram
    Nice read my friend.
    Did you catch the tidbit on Norwood.

    :

    Footnote: Jerious Norwood has averaged 6.4 over his first two seasons but only has 168 attempts. Might be high time to give the young man the ball.
    I couldn't agree more with that footnote. Don't you all remember the first game of the season. The only player that were really scary on the Atlanta team were Norwood, that kept making big gains on our run D

    Still the Falcons were reluctant to give him the ball. He ended up with 5 carries for 33 yards, combined with 2 catches for 24 yards. On the other hand they gave it to Dunn 22 times, in which he got 55 yards, and 4 catches for 26 yards.
    Saw him play a bunch of times in college, fun player to watch.
    He ain't no purple jesus though.
    He's no PJ, but if I were Atlanta, I'd probably put the ball a lot more in his hands given my alternatives on the offensive side of the ball.
    I think they don't give him the ball like that because he fumbles and get's hurt easily.. a la Me-Mo... and may not be all that good of blocker, but with that said, i'd still give him the rock.. hey what do they have to loose!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adrian Peterson opens up for Jim Brown
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 08:56 AM
  2. AD "ALL DAY" Adrian Peterson ......
    By Shadow44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 04:29 PM
  3. Adrian Peterson
    By vikingivan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 06:49 AM
  4. I would like the 1st Adrian Peterson sig.
    By kjdaddy in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM
  5. Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •