Blog Entries

Re: Adrian Peterson Hate

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099620
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099615
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099614
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099610
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099608
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099607
    If only Peterson had your vision, and instant replay, and a case of the beast every Sunday he could be really good.
    You've been around here long enough (probably longer than me) to know that my point was not dealing with AD, but rather to quelch my good friend bleeds attempt at hacking on the OL.
    Nothing will quelch my stance on the play of our OL.

It was bad, no ifs, ands or buts about it.
    No, but it appears you are making progress. The last time you described it you said it was something worse that bad, if memory serves.
    piss-poor
    god-awful
    shitty
    terrible
    brutal

all are adjectives used by me to describe the play of our OL.
    LOL, again, I wonder what you would say about them if they were ranked at the bottom of the league instead of just average.
    Again, ranked how?

By your one website you found?

Watch them play. They were bad. Just because there were teams in an even worse position than we were does not excuse that kind of play.

If you are ok with watching missed assignments, poor blitz pickups, poor technique and the inability to win the LOS, well, I guess that's why you like the Bengals too for all those years.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099622
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099620
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099615
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099614
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099610
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099608
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099607
    If only Peterson had your vision, and instant replay, and a case of the beast every Sunday he could be really good.
    You've been around here long enough (probably longer than me) to know that my point was not dealing with AD, but rather to quelch my good friend bleeds attempt at hacking on the OL.
    Nothing will quelch my stance on the play of our OL.

It was bad, no ifs, ands or buts about it.
    No, but it appears you are making progress. The last time you described it you said it was something worse that bad, if memory serves.
    piss-poor
    god-awful
    shitty
    terrible
    brutal

all are adjectives used by me to describe the play of our OL.
    LOL, again, I wonder what you would say about them if they were ranked at the bottom of the league instead of just average.
    Again, ranked how?

By your one website you found?

Watch them play. They were bad. Just because there were teams in an even worse position than we were does not excuse that kind of play.

If you are ok with watching missed assignments, poor blitz pickups, poor technique and the inability to win the LOS, well, I guess that's why you like the Bengals too for all those years.
    First, I didn't find that site. Second, look at the rest of the stat sites. They have us at or about the same.

Truth of the matter is, I think I do watch them play. I think I even watch them play more than you do. Remember, I don't watch the RB, I don't watch the QB, I watch the OL and DL first and foremost. Very seldom to I watch a play were I am not watching the line in some aspect.

Mix that in with how many other teams I watch, and not just the Vikes, and I can tell you that from those observations, and not using stats sites alone, our OL isn't as bad as you think.

Sure it has problems, but those problems aslo include poor play by:

a. RB's. Missing blitz pickups.
    b. RB's. Not hitting the right whole.
    c. RB's. Not waiting on the play to develop.
    d. TE's. Missing Blitz pickups.
    e. TE's. Pulling and missing their intended block.
    f. WR's. Going in motion and missing their blocks.
    g. TE's/WR's. Not getting open.
    h. TE's/WR's. Not getting off the line clean.
    i. QB's. Holding the ball to long.
    j. QB's. Audibling into a Passing play when the blitz is on.

Long story short, its not cause I like to watch the OL miss blocks, its because I see other issues going on as well and don't solely blame them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

You gotta hate a running back who can't get 2000 yards behind an average line!

Having an average line is like taking a nun to the prom. You know you aren't going anywhere afterwards.

Speaking of AD running, I would like to see us run right at Clay Mathews this year. I think that would be effective and slow down his rush,
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099637

Having an average line is like taking a nun to the prom. You know you aren't going anywhere afterwards.

Speaking of AD running, I would like to see us run right at Clay Mathews this year. I think that would be effective and slow down his rush,
    Not only once either. How about once or twice each set of downs, especially early on. Bet his legs would be nice and heavy come the 4th qtr.

Then you put a bit of some Toby ass on him. Helmet right into the numbers for about 8 or 9 times.

Take the starch right out of him.

Then bring AD back in, seal him with a TE and run around his ass.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099638

Not only once either. How about once or twice each set of downs, especially early on. Bet his legs would be nice and heavy come the 4th qtr.

Then you put a bit of some Toby ass on him. Helmet right into the numbers for about 8 or 9 times.

Yes, yes, yes. Start early and find a lead blocker to pound on him as well.

That would be my approach. Make him earn his money when he plays the Vikings.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099641

If it was only that easy though. I wondered last year why alot of teams don't run at good pass rushers like they do to JA.

Maybe they do and I'm just missing it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099644
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099641

If it was only that easy though. I wondered last year why alot of teams don't run at good pass rushers like they do to JA.

Maybe they do and I'm just missing it.
    3-4 D is generally a bit more difficult to run outside on than a 4-3.

DT should be usually filling the C or D gap depending on the play called, leaving the OLB to flow outside and shut down the play to the outside. Bit easier when a RDE usually crashes outside, creating a hole if a LB isn't in there to fill.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456