Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Adrian Peterson Hate

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099124
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099118
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099114
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099112
    It was the players and the players, if I understand it correctly, didn't base their rankings just on stats.

The announcers and sports hacks are the ones that ref those things as possible reasons the players ranked them the way they did.

I think the players ranked them based on the players past and present body of work as a whole and not just on 2010 play.

To think the players didn't take history into their thinking is kindof out there.
    And you have to admit, alot of them aren't that bright.

The point of the list was top-100 of 2010. Not top 100 players on a roster during 2010. They advertise it as "watch as we countdown the top-100 performances of 2010"

People have been putting too much stock into a players past, wheras the point of the list was LAST Year. If A rookie had the best season ever in the history of the league, he deserves to be #1, despite the fact he had no history.

yes, the past will play a part, in that for a guy like Peterson, even though statistically he didn't have a standout season, his skills and ability he's shown make him one of the best players in the league, and a guy nobody wants to face.

For McNabb, Shanahan didn't even think he was the best quarterback on that team, nevermind a top-100 NFL player.
    Don't pay attention to how it is advertised. Pay attention to what the players did when they ranked them.
    That is exactly my point. The idea was to come up with the top-100 performances of 2010, and the players bastardized that into a top-100 players in general list.

Again, I think the players ranked them based on 2010 and previous performances as well as what they think they will do in 2011. Its my opinion, but to think that the players didn't take that into account is kindof crazy.
    You seem to be giving the players too much credit. Alot of them aren't capable of much intellectual thought period, nevermind coming up with a carefully calculated and weighted way of ranking players based on nostril flaring ability and hair length.

Some of the player commentators say as much, by the way, especially the discussions around Suh and the linkages of AD and fumbles.
    In case you missed it, I'm not talking about what the list IS, I'm talking about what it was originally intended as. The people doing the ranking and analyzing changed it into what they wanted.
    Which brings us back to my original discussion point.

Who cares. These lists are worthless and pointless.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Adrian Peterson to skip his own youth camp

This is the part of the offseason where many prominent NFL players get involved with their own youth camps. Unfortunately, for those boys and girls ages 7-14 hoping to spend "All Day" with Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson a couple times this week, they are out of luck.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-22/adrian-peterson-to-skip-his-own-youth-camp
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099134

This is the part of the offseason where many prominent NFL players get involved with their own youth camps. Unfortunately, for those boys and girls ages 7-14 hoping to spend "All Day" with Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson a couple times this week, they are out of luck.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-22/adrian-peterson-to-skip-his-own-youth-camp
    What a jerk. I hate Adrian Peterson. B)

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099135

This does bother me a bit. I mean you are selling kids/parents on the idea of a 2 day Adrian Peterson football camp for $199, and you are not going to show up? I mean if this was called the former Sooner and mediocre NFL football camp that is cool, but dont sell me one thing and deliver another.

Hate is such a nasty word.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099271

I'm betting Bloody's comment was mostly sarcastic (note the thread title).

if he's just not showing up, that's a dick move, but we have no idea what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1099239

This does bother me a bit. I mean you are selling kids/parents on the idea of a 2 day Adrian Peterson football camp for $199, and you are not going to show up? I mean if this was called the former Sooner and mediocre NFL football camp that is cool, but dont sell me one thing and deliver another.
    I highly doubt that Adrian Peterson had anything to do with this football camp. He probably agreed to let them use his name and probably had intent to attend. It sounds like the camp organizers failed to communicate the camp dates to him. Keep in mind there are several people organizing his daily scheduling outside of football and mix ups are going to happen. I doubt Adrian said to himself, "Ah shucks, screw the kids...I wanna just lounge by the pool that weekend. Maybe if I don't show up nobody will notice".

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099273
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099271

I'm betting Bloody's comment was mostly sarcastic (note the thread title).

if he's just not showing up, that's a dick move, but we have no idea what the problem is.
    I've been around and read enough of BH's stuff to know what he meant my friend. :P

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099275

I highly doubt that Adrian Peterson had anything to do with this football camp. He probably agreed to let them use his name and probably had intent to attend. It sounds like the camp organizers failed to communicate the camp dates to him. Keep in mind there are several people organizing his daily scheduling outside of football and mix ups are going to happen. I doubt Adrian said to himself, "Ah shucks, screw the kids...I wanna just lounge by the pool that weekend. Maybe if I don't show up nobody will notice".
    I am not suggesting that this is an intentional snub, but either way it still doesnt seem right.

And today there is another article on it which basically says what you are saying. The reports yesterday were much different.

Here is the article:
    Adrian Peterson apologizes for missing football camp

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1099293
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099275

I am not suggesting that this is an intentional snub, but either way it still doesnt seem right.

And today there is another article on it which basically says what you are saying. The reports yesterday were much different.

Here is the article:
    Adrian Peterson apologizes for missing football camp
    Loved the comment "They should have trottted out the OTHER Adrian Peterson". lol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast