singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Adrian Peterson - ‘God kept me focused’

[size=13pt]‘God kept me focused’[/size]

Published: June 22, 2008 12:06 am

Peterson advises crowd to dream big, work hard

By SALLY SEXTON
    The Palestine Herald
    palestineherald.com

PALESTINE — On Saturday afternoon, the crowds came out to catch a glimpse of local sports hero Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Adrian Peterson - ‘God kept me focused’

I didn't see whether god told him we would win the SB or not.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

“Sometimes I ask myself, ‘Why me?’” Peterson said. “God kept me focused through my journey, and though it had its bumps, God was able to help me accomplish my dream.

So many people in this day in age and past days always ask these types of questions and because there's really no straight answer other than a very strong gene pool created by his parents he automatically assumes god did it. This is completly understandable we are always using god to explain the unexplainable.

Peterson feels as though God is with him and its very true God is within all of us, collectivly as a whole we are God and our evolution as humans is not over and we will all see it soon. Eventually Peterson will learn that he is god and he was 100% responsible for putting himself over the top and making those hurdles in downtimes.

The one mistake he did make here was telling others to "Pray".
    IMO this is a waste of time and I no longer perform this activity. He does talk about believing and hard work which is great. Perserverence, commitment, hard work and never saying no will lead you exactly where you want to be without praying.

“But if you surround yourself with positive people, positive things will happen.”

This is a great quote and Brad Childress believes the same thing as he is doing this with our current team.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    “Sometimes I ask myself, ‘Why me?’” Peterson said. “God kept me focused through my journey, and though it had its bumps, God was able to help me accomplish my dream.

So many people in this day in age and past days always ask these types of questions and because there's really no straight answer other than a very strong gene pool created by his parents he automatically assumes god did it. This is completly understandable we are always using god to explain the unexplainable.
    Does that include the 4 lost Super Bowls, the missed Gary Anderson FG & the 41-donut?

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Does that include the 4 lost Super Bowls, the missed Gary Anderson FG & the 41-donut?
    No thats the team there, somewhere along the line we just didn't get it done, they were 100% responsible for leading that team to victory but it didn't get done. I don't dwell on these things to much and am extremely exited about the direction and the opportunity the ownership on down is giving us to make our history here in the future. I've never seen a better time to be a fan, we're no joking around we plan on doin it without taking no for an answer.

When I say the unexplainable I'm talking about several things like how life began. Eventually when we figure out how it all began it will tell us exactly how to create it. Science will solve all the mysteries in due time, untill then we will continue to add to what others left behind such as Einstien. For the most part his work is completed but the public has the slightest idea.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:

Peterson feels as though God is with him and its very true God is within all of us, collectivly as a whole we are God and our evolution as humans is not over and we will all see it soon. Eventually Peterson will learn that he is god and he was 100% responsible for putting himself over the top and making those hurdles in downtimes.

IMO this is a waste of time and I no longer perform this activity. He does talk about believing and hard work which is great. Perserverence, commitment, hard work and never saying no will lead you exactly where you want to be without praying.
    OPINION.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"VikingsTw" wrote:

“But if you surround yourself with positive people, positive things will happen.”

This is a great quote and Brad Childress believes the same thing as he is doing this with our current team.
    Nice.Well said.Couldnt agree more
    <!--
    sig -->