singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Adrian Peterson getting commercial attention

[size=13pt]Commercial attention[/size]

Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

It’s not the same as being on the cover of Madden, but Vikings first-round running back Adrian Peterson is making an early mark in the world of video games. Peterson is going to be featured in a commercial for EA Sports NCAA ‘08.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Adrian Peterson getting commercial attention

It is gonna happen sometime, unfortunately.
    In my opinion the longer the team can stay under the radar the better on and off the field.

I see that plenty of people have already gotten their AD jerseys.
    I can't imagine having the same jersey as a guy who only cares about the name on the back then the seven little letters on the front (not that anybody here is like that except the buncha Sooner and Gamecock fans that migrated after draft day and havn't been here since).

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    In my opinion the longer the team can stay under the radar the better on and off the field.

I can't imagine having the same jersey as a guy who only cares about the name on the back then the seven little letters on the front (not that anybody here is like that except the buncha Sooner and Gamecock fans that migrated after draft day and havn't been here since).

Harsh. ;D
    I expect that a lot of the OK fans who followed AD here will return when the season starts.
    Keep in mind that we are in one of the slowest parts of the off season, and it takes some die hard fans (or people with nothing better to do ) to continue to be active on a football site.

For the record, I am a die hard fan who has nothing better to do...

As far as the jersey, I will be sporting my new AD jersey.
    Each year I get the Viking's first round draft choice's jersey, so the decision was made for me on draft day.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Commercial attention[/size]

Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

It’s not the same as being on the cover of Madden, but Vikings first-round running back Adrian Peterson is making an early mark in the world of video games. Peterson is going to be featured in a commercial for EA Sports NCAA ‘08.....

...It's in the game!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

Harsh. ;D
    I expect that a lot of the OK fans who followed AD here will return when the season starts.
    Keep in mind that we are in one of the slowest parts of the off season, and it takes some die hard fans (or people with nothing better to do ) to continue to be active on a football site.

Each year I get the Viking's first round draft choice's jersey, so the decision was made for me on draft day.
    Most of mine were bought as gifts, however, I bought a Browner, B Johnson (first time with team) and Kevin Williams as gifts to myself.

First round draft choice jersey.
    Intersting.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

Harsh. ;D

Most of mine were bought as gifts, however, I bought a Browner, B Johnson (first time with team) and Kevin Williams as gifts to myself.

First round draft choice jersey.
    Intersting.

Yup.
    The only one I don't have since I began my little tradition is Dimitrius Underwood.
    Not because I wouldn't have bought it, but to the best of my knowledge they were never made.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

Harsh. ;D

LOL yeah I hear yah, lotta down time. I would fall into a coma at work without PP.O.

I really hope some of those guys come back, and contribute to the site.
    Well see, this years draft was my first being a member of PP.O.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"Billy" wrote:

Yeah sometimes I wonder what happens to people that come on and post frantically for a while then disappear, kind of like when PPO thought that one member was dead in front of a computer because he (turned out to be she) was always logged on.

Like what happened to Purplexing?
    He logged 999 posts in less than two months, but hasn't posted since April 30th.
    Or Bearitall, she was always on here then gone.
    Maybe I missed some drama, I don't post much because I don't have much to say, but I'm usually logged on a couple hours a day.
    Things that make you go HMMMMM.

More on topic, any Vikings publicity is good publicity.
    Maybe Madden will bump up AD's stats if he's a semi-poster boy.
    (yes, I realize this won't make him faster in real life just for game purposes I mean )

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

Yeah sometimes I wonder what happens to people that come on and post frantically for a while then disappear, kind of like when PPO thought that one member was dead in front of a computer because he (turned out to be she) was always logged on.

He logged 999 posts in less than two months, but hasn't posted since April 30th.
    Maybe I missed some drama, I don't post much because I don't have much to say, but I'm usually logged on a couple hours a day.
    I think Purp was the alter ego of a PP.O regular.
    Its all a conspiracy.

For some posters, rehab works, those are the people you never see again.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"lakehubertviking" wrote:

Maybe I missed some drama
    , I don't post much because I don't have much to say, but I'm usually logged on a couple hours a day.

More on topic, any Vikings publicity is good publicity.
    Maybe Madden will bump up AD's stats if he's a semi-poster boy.
    (yes, I realize this won't make him faster in real life just for game purposes I mean )
    You missed lots of drama. That's what happens when your not here everyday.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"