Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Adrian Peterson 'was frustrated

Adrian Peterson 'was frustrated that they weren't going to him,' dad says

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...nclick_check=1

Adrian Peterson took the professional approach Sunday when discussing his lack of carries in the second half, but make no mistake about his frustration.

The Minnesota Vikings' star running back is upset with the team's abandonment of the running game in the second half of Sunday's 26-23 overtime loss to Detroit, Peterson's father, Nelson Peterson, said today.
    Thats the bit I don't get, you have the league's top RB who was signed to an extension this year and then ' forget ' to use him in the second half?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Musgrave's offensive gameplan in the 2nd half reminded me a lot of Brad Childress. Totally ignore AP, keep him under 20 carries, and give the ball to Toby Gerhart on the most important play of the game.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Yep... typical of getting cute and out thinking yourself...

AP... the fans are frustrated too.... we're tired of you guys wasting away talent and our time watching what should be a good football team....

Is there a point where there's any chance frazier gets on the hot seat this season??..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Musgrave's offensive gameplan in the 2nd half reminded me a lot of Brad Childress. Totally ignore AP, keep him under 20 carries, and give the ball to Toby Gerhart on the most important play of the game.
    Great post.

For the life of me I can't comprehend why a O-coord, who touts that he doesn't use a FB in his scheme, elects to put a RB as the upback, and then hand him the ball, instead of giving it to the best RB this team, or the league has ever seen in a hell of alot of years.

Mix in the other little tidbit, SUH. Why would you run into the strenght of the teams defense especially after you have just exposed the outside as their weakness with AD and Percy?

Absolutely the worst play calling I've seen in a long long time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Great post.

For the life of me I can't comprehend why a O-coord, who touts that he doesn't use a FB in his scheme, elects to put a RB as the upback, and then hand him the ball, instead of giving it to the best RB this team, or the league has ever seen in a hell of alot of years

Mix in the other little tidbit, SUH. Why would you run into the strenght of the teams defense especially after you have just exposed the outside as their weakness with AD and Percy?

Sad thing is, after watching the Vikings for the past 5 years, I called that play. Was watching with the old man, said "If Childress was here, he'd run AP up the gut and he'd get Suh'd"

Well, they ran up the gut into Suh, but they didn't use the best back in football, no, they used a 2nd year backup, running from the FB position.

Stupidest play ever. If I'm calling that play, I either handoff to AP to the 6-hole, or run a PA bootlegg to the right, hitting Sauce, Shank or Gerhart in the flat.
    McNabb has the speed to make the OLB think about attacking him or sticking with the RB/TE in the flat. whatever he chooses, we make him pay the other way.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Stupidest play ever. If I'm calling that play, I either handoff to AP to the 6-hole, or run a PA bootlegg to the right, hitting Sauce, Shank or Gerhart in the flat.
    McNabb has the speed to make the OLB think about attacking him or sticking with the RB/TE in the flat. whatever he chooses, we make him pay the other way.
    As I said to our good friend Mulletmulitia, the blocking in front of that play and the fake that Dnabb and AD made, actually looked like that was the play that was called.

From what I could see on the replay is the end was sealed and the only guy infront of AD was a LB'r.

To tell the truth, I told the kids (my kids were watching the game with ole Dad for the 3rd week in a row) that it looked like Dnabb audibled into the Gearhart handoff, but after some thought, it just didn't make sense. Why was he in there, in that position to begin with.

Had to be a called play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    As I said to our good friend Mulletmulitia, the blocking in front of that play and the fake that Dnabb and AD made, actually looked like that was the play that was called.

From what I could see on the replay is the end was sealed and the only guy infront of AD was a LB'r.

To tell the truth, I told the kids (my kids were watching the game with ole Dad for the 3rd week in a row) that it looked like Dnabb audibled into the Gearhart handoff, but after some thought, it just didn't make sense. Why was he in there, in that position to begin with.

Had to be a called play.
    I'd bet if he audiabled, AP would have mentioned it. In his comments, he was saying he wanted the ball, but they had faith in TG. If it was an AP run, why not put Sauce in at FB? He's been playing very well from that spot so far this season, and makes no sense to put in TG as a blocker or even receiver vs. Gerhart. We only need 1 yard, if it was 4th and 4, maybe put in TG because he might be able to pick up a few more YAC than Sauce, but 4th and 1, Sauce is my man at FB, unless it's a designed FB run.

However, back on the playcall, what also baffles my mind is that they ran from the FB position.

Against a guy like Suh in the middle, you want to hit him hard for any chance at winning that battle. Why would you have a slower guy run from the FB spot, when you could have one of the most explosive players in the league run from the TB spot, get that extra yard or two of momentum, for a better shot at breaking a tackle or moving a pile.

It's one thing to try running TG over AP, if it was from the RB spot, I think it might have worked better, but methinks Musgrave was just trying to get too cute, as he usually does and it failed.

Honestly though, if I'm playing Madden, I'm kicking the field goal there anyway.

When I saw it, thought crossed my mind, but was kinda happy when I heard that Longwell was coming on the field. I'm a fan of always taking the points. Would have been 23-0 at that point.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 09-26-2011 at 03:11 PM.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Great post.

For the life of me I can't comprehend why a O-coord, who touts that he doesn't use a FB in his scheme, elects to put a RB as the upback, and then hand him the ball, instead of giving it to the best RB this team, or the league has ever seen in a hell of alot of years.

I agree, they should have kicked the field goal.
    Once they decided to go for it I don't think giving it to Gerhart was a bad move. He's a power back, he should be an option on 4th and 1. He was given the opportunity to make a play and came up short. That is an execution problem.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Sad thing is, after watching the Vikings for the past 5 years, I called that play. Was watching with the old man, said "If Childress was here, he'd run AP up the gut and he'd get Suh'd"

Well, they ran up the gut into Suh, but they didn't use the best back in football, no, they used a 2nd year backup, running from the FB position.

Anyone but Sauce. I like what he brings but twice yesterday we threw to him running a route that he shouldn't be running. You want to throw to a TE down field then use one of the other three TE's on the roster that can actually catch.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Anyone but Sauce. I like what he brings but twice yesterday we threw to him running a route that he shouldn't be running. You want to throw to a TE down field then use one of the other three TE's on the roster that can actually catch.
    Or throw the ball in a spot where he can catch it. Agreed he's not the TE that should be running stretch routes, but I don't think his ability to catch was the issues on those plays.

And is it just me or has Kleinsausser picked up his speed a few notches. He seems a bit more nimble than I remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast