Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Maybe Brett Favre will eventually gel with his receivers and find the same form he enjoyed last year. But make no mistake—as long as Adrian Peterson is playing for the Minnesota Vikings, he will be the true face of the franchise
    Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise
    Although I agree to a point, I think we have more than one face to the Vikes. Kindof happens when you have loads of talent along with unique personalities on a team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Peterson is still learning and maturing, but he is no Jim Brown or Gale Sayers or Walter Payton or O.J. Simpson or Marcus Allen.....yet.

    As I recall, the teams that were lucky enough to have these players also made it a priority to provide a supporting cast that complimented the runner's talents.

    And that made a difference.

    Assuming he stays healthy, Peterson has the potential to eventually be ranked with the greatest running backs, but the Vikings need to get serious about helping him mature and providing excellent blocking for him.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  3. #3
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Infidel wrote:
    Peterson is still learning and maturing, but he is no Jim Brown or Gale Sayers or Walter Payton or O.J. Simpson or Marcus Allen.....yet.

    As I recall, the teams that were lucky enough to have these players also made it a priority to provide a supporting cast that complimented the runner's talents.

    And that made a difference.

    Assuming he stays healthy, Peterson has the potential to eventually be ranked with the greatest running backs, but the Vikings need to get serious about helping him mature and providing excellent blocking for him.
    umm, yet none of that doesn't make him the face of the franchise.

    The face of the franchise isn't the same as the person who contributes the most to wins.

    The Face is what everybody sees. Our OL/DL/defense etc. would be more like the heart and lungs.

  4. #4
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    The Face is what everybody sees. Our OL/DL/defense etc. would be more like the heart and lungs.
    Wouldn't the OL be more like a part of the digestive system?

    Maybe toward the end of it?

    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  5. #5
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Infidel wrote:
    The Face is what everybody sees. Our OL/DL/defense etc. would be more like the heart and lungs.
    Wouldn't the OL be more like a part of the digestive system?

    Maybe toward the end of it?

    And if Peterson runs through the hole they make, what does that make him?

  6. #6
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,815

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    The Face is what everybody sees. Our OL/DL/defense etc. would be more like the heart and lungs.
    Wouldn't the OL be more like a part of the digestive system?

    Maybe toward the end of it?

    And if Peterson runs through the hole they make, what does that make him?
    Master Blaster, Roto-Rooter, Rump Ranger, ex lax man, enema #1????

  7. #7
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Peterson
    First 3 weeks 2009
    59carries 357yds 6.05ypc 4td 7rec 56yds 8ypr 1fmbl1lost
    First 3 weeks 2010
    70carries 392yds 5.6ypc 3td 13rec 85yds 6.54ypr 0fmbl

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    Another interesting fact - That 80 yard TD he ripped on Sunday was the longest of his career.

  9. #9
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Peterson
    First 3 weeks 2009
    59carries 357yds 6.05ypc 4td 7rec 56yds 8ypr 1fmbl1lost
    First 3 weeks 2010
    70carries 392yds 5.6ypc 3td 13rec 85yds 6.54ypr 0fmbl
    Adrian Peterson started out the gate hot last year with a 180 yard performance against the Browns. After that he only rushed for over 100 yards twice in 15 games.

    His stats dipped most notably after week 3 last year. I wonder if he got banged up. Remember when he got caught from behind during the Lions game and lost a fumble. Nobody was even close to catching him Sunday. It's like he has an extra gear he didn't have most of 2009.

  10. #10
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Adrian Peterson Is The Face of The Franchise

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Peterson
    First 3 weeks 2009
    59carries 357yds 6.05ypc 4td 7rec 56yds 8ypr 1fmbl1lost
    First 3 weeks 2010
    70carries 392yds 5.6ypc 3td 13rec 85yds 6.54ypr 0fmbl
    Adrian Peterson started out the gate hot last year with a 180 yard performance against the Browns. After that he only rushed for over 100 yards twice in 15 games.

    His stats dipped most notably after week 3 last year. I wonder if he got banged up. Remember when he got caught from behind during the Lions game and lost a fumble. Nobody was even close to catching him Sunday. It's like he has an extra gear he didn't have most of 2009.
    He did look a little slow last year, he had his burst, but not the top speed. A lot of that Lions trackdown simply goes to Phillip Buchanon.

    That guy is really an incredible athlete. He was great at Miami, but never really stood out as a pro. Regardless of his success, he's super fast and has always had a nose for the ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. franchise tag on running back Adrian Peterson?
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 12:57 PM
  2. Adrian Peterson
    By apfanzone in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. T-Jack, Can He Be The Franchise Player Along With Peterson
    By Vikings United in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
  4. who is: adrian peterson
    By michaelmazid in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 04:51 AM
  5. Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •