Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    JuddZulgad via twitter:
    Per the Associated Press: Adrian Peterson was cited for speeding for driving 109 miles per hour at 8:30 p.m. Saturday in Edina.
    Holy Crap. Not the kind of behavior I would expect from AD.

    I bet AD is benched for at least the start of the game on Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    810

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    you heard it here first... adrian peterson buys a brand new sweedish penis enlarger..

    jeez sumtimes the media needs to get a life.. theres more important things to talk about then traffic tickets.


  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    Not a smart thing to do AD. But hey, who hasn't tested the speedometer limits.

    Glad I grew up and don't do stupid crap like that anymore.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    Sajid28 wrote:
    you heard it here first... adrian peterson buys a brand new sweedish penis enlarger..

    jeez sumtimes the media needs to get a life.. theres more important things to talk about then traffic tickets.
    109 mph at 8:30 pm in suburbia is a bit more than just a traffic ticket. That is damn near reckless driving. Isn't the speed limit 55 on the interstate through Edina? That means he was driving damn near twice the posted speed limit.

    And when you are a professional athlete, for better or worse your actions are put in the spotlight and scrutinized. AD should have known better.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    Marrdro wrote:
    Not a smart thing to do AD. But hey, who hasn't tested the speedometer limits.

    Glad I grew up and don't do stupid crap like that anymore.
    At least when I was doing stupid stuff, it was on remote stretches of highway in North Dakota or Alaska where the only one I could kill was myself (and whoever was fool enough to ride with me). :P
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Sajid28 wrote:
    you heard it here first... adrian peterson buys a brand new sweedish penis enlarger..

    jeez sumtimes the media needs to get a life.. theres more important things to talk about then traffic tickets.
    109 mph at 8:30 pm in suburbia is a bit more than just a traffic ticket. That is damn near reckless driving. Isn't the speed limit 55 on the interstate through Edina? That means he was driving damn near twice the posted speed limit.

    And when you are a professional athlete, for better or worse your actions are put in the spotlight and scrutinized. AD should have known better.
    I believe the fastest posted speed-limit anywhere near Edina would be 60mph on 494 (although that is south of Edina). If he was on 35W, currently the speed-limit (because of construction) is 40mph, although no one drives that slowly.

    And I agree with you NP - this is not just "the media needs to get a life". This is a serious transgression in the middle of a dream season. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    Found the link
    http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34260276

    He was driving on a state highway, and the posted speed limit was 55.

    On the bright side, it sounds like AD was smart enough not to turn the traffic stop into a huge issue like some atheletes are prone to do...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    I was on 169, 62, and 494 that evening; ate at the Wildfire in Eden Prairie. The local traffic was running about 65 to 70 in the 55 zone.There's always someone that is going faster. But 109 is moving.

    Quick question.

    Does the team stay at a local hotel the night before home games?

    I believe they did at one time.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Not a smart thing to do AD. But hey, who hasn't tested the speedometer limits.

    Glad I grew up and don't do stupid crap like that anymore.
    At least when I was doing stupid stuff, it was on remote stretches of highway in North Dakota or Alaska where the only one I could kill was myself (and whoever was fool enough to ride with me). :P
    LOL, your probably right. Traffic tickets weren't really a issue in Northome MN. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re:Adrian Peterson Cited for Driving 109 mph

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I was on 169, 62, and 494 that evening; ate at the Wildfire in Eden Prairie. The local traffic was running about 65 to 70 in the 55 zone.There's always someone that is going faster. But 109 is moving.

    Quick question.

    Does the team stay at a local hotel the night before home games?

    I believe they did at one time.
    Yes, they still do stay at a local hotel. I heard Childress talking about it last week on the radio. I had never heard that before until then when he mentioned it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who's new because of Adrian AD Peterson
    By FreakinVikingsBaby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 01:03 AM
  2. who is: adrian peterson
    By michaelmazid in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 04:51 AM
  3. AD "ALL DAY" Adrian Peterson ......
    By Shadow44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 04:29 PM
  4. I would like the 1st Adrian Peterson sig.
    By kjdaddy in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM
  5. Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •