Thread: Adrian Peterson

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Haha, by 4 yards Singer.

How dare your compare Rhodes and Jordan to Taylor and Peterson?
    ??? What are you smoking?

Where do I even mention Rhodes & Jordan?

I'm refering to rush defense. It has nothing to do with Rhodes or Jordan.
    Nothing whatsoever. :-\

I'm basing that on split time with C-Tay. I figure AD will get shy of 100 yards, which is only 10-20 yards lesss than what most of you are predicting.
    You are basing Detroit's rush defense on one game, which was against Oakland, which has a rushing attack that comprises of Jordan and Rhodes.

If we stick to the running game I think 150 yards total rushing is doable, in which case Peterson will break the big one, putting him over 100 yards. The big play is the key. Peterson is not Taylor, he acheives big games not through consistent yardage, but through big plays.
    Well aren't you basing Peterson's yards off of one game?

Remember, Taylor was out for most of last weeks game & AD got 109 yards. But C-Tay will probably be back this week which means shared duties for the entire game.

Childress already stated that if Taylor is good to go, he will be the starter. If Taylor doesn't play, then AD will probably will get over 100 yards, but as it stands with my prediction, I believe both will be playing, therefore, the number of carries AD will see will be less than last week.

How many less carries will it take to get that 109 under 100? 1-3? Do the math.
    Sigh, the point was not that it was one game, the point was that the Lions were going against Jordan and Rhodes, and I think Peterson and Taylor are better than those two.

As far as number of carries go, I will say again that AD is a big play guy, so even if he gets 3-9 less carries, he will still have the chance to break the big one, which is one of his strengths.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Haha, by 4 yards Singer.

I'm basing that on split time with C-Tay. I figure AD will get shy of 100 yards, which is only 10-20 yards lesss than what most of you are predicting.
    You are basing Detroit's rush defense on one game, which was against Oakland, which has a rushing attack that comprises of Jordan and Rhodes.

If we stick to the running game I think 150 yards total rushing is doable, in which case Peterson will break the big one, putting him over 100 yards. The big play is the key. Peterson is not Taylor, he acheives big games not through consistent yardage, but through big plays.

Remember, Taylor was out for most of last weeks game & AD got 109 yards. But C-Tay will probably be back this week which means shared duties for the entire game.

Childress already stated that if Taylor is good to go, he will be the starter. If Taylor doesn't play, then AD will probably will get over 100 yards, but as it stands with my prediction, I believe both will be playing, therefore, the number of carries AD will see will be less than last week.

Sigh, the point was not that it was one game, the point was that the Lions were going against Jordan and Rhodes, and I think Peterson and Taylor are better than those two.

As far as number of carries go, I will say again that AD is a big play guy, so even if he gets 3-9 less carries, he will still have the chance to break the big one, which is one of his strengths.

Well we only have the one game to base it on. That's all there is this year. I think there rush defense is better than they get credit for. Don't you recall RB's getting stuffed behind the line on numerous occasions when we played them?

Last year, with C-tay taking the brunt of the carries, he ran for 123 against the Lions. The held us to a total of 125 rushing yards at home.

Last year with Pinner taking the brunt of the carries, he ran for 125. They held us to 172 yards as a team.

I'm thinking there will be about a 60/40 split if C-Tay plays.

Detroits pass defense is rated at #26 right now & their rush defense is at #12. With that said, you might see us going to the air more than usual. We should be preying on their weaknesses, not their strengths.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

You guys are gonna jinx the ever loving sh1t outta him with this thread.

lol

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"Mr." wrote:
    You guys are gonna jinx the ever loving sh1t outta him with this thread.

lol
    It doesn't matter how many yards he gets. All that matters is a Vikings win.

If he gets 50 yards & the Vikings win, I'm happy.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=37695.msg635010#msg635010 date=1189554720]
    Haha, by 4 yards Singer.

Well we only have the one game to base it on. That's all there is this year. I think there rush defense is better than they get credit for. Don't you recall RB's getting stuffed behind the line on numerous occasions when we played them?

Last year, with C-tay taking the brunt of the carries, he ran for 123 against the Lions. The held us to a total of 125 rushing yards at home.

Last year with Pinner taking the brunt of the carries, he ran for 125. They held us to 172 yards as a team.

Detroits pass defense is rated at #26 right now & their rush defense is at #12. With that said, you might see us going to the air more than usual. We should be preying on their weaknesses, not their strengths.

[/quote]

Why do you keep on focusing on one game? It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with the fact that Peterson/Taylor are a more potent tandem than Rhodes/Jordan. I expect us to be more effective running the ball than Oakland was, period.

I like how you bring up last year, in which we averaged 150 yards rushing by your numbers, especially because I said I think 150 yards is doable.

We ran 27 times last week, 30 times last year home against the Lions, and 44 times against them on the road last year. Lets just take the average of the 3 games you mentioned for 33 carries to split between Taylor, Peterson, and Jackson/Williamson. If Taylor and Peterson split 30 carries using your 60-40 ratio, Peterson gets 11 chances to break the big one. I'll take that. No, I don't think he'll consistently average 10 yards a carry, but I do think he'll average around 5 yards, like he did against the Falcons, before breaking 1 40 yard/2 20 yard runs. That puts him at 85-95 yards, using a lot of assumptions.

With respect to attacking the Lions weaknesses, well, I won't believe our running game can be stopped until I see it. Sticking to the run will put the already suspect Lions DBs in an ever tougher position. I would be all for going to the air if it was our team's strength, but it isn't. Maybe Childress will find a happy medium, calling a lot of swing/screen passes.

Overall, 100 yards while splitting carries is not a guarantee, but it is very doable when you consider the talent on our offensive line, Kleinsasser, and good old Richardson.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

[/quote]

Why do you keep on focusing on one game? It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with the fact that Peterson/Taylor are a more potent tandem than Rhodes/Jordan. I expect us to be more effective running the ball than Oakland was, period.

I like how you bring up last year, in which we averaged 150 yards rushing by your numbers, especially because I said I think 150 yards is doable.

We ran 27 times last week, 30 times last year home against the Lions, and 44 times against them on the road last year. Lets just take the average of the 3 games you mentioned for 33 carries to split between Taylor, Peterson, and Jackson/Williamson. If Taylor and Peterson split 30 carries using your 60-40 ratio, Peterson gets 11 chances to break the big one. I'll take that. No, I don't think he'll consistently average 10 yards a carry, but I do think he'll average around 5 yards, like he did against the Falcons, before breaking 1 40 yard/2 20 yard runs. That puts him at 85-95 yards, using a lot of assumptions.

With respect to attacking the Lions weaknesses, well, I won't believe our running game can be stopped until I see it. Sticking to the run will put the already suspect Lions DBs in an ever tougher position. I would be all for going to the air if it was our team's strength, but it isn't. Maybe Childress will find a happy medium, calling a lot of swing/screen passes.

Overall, 100 yards while splitting carries is not a guarantee, but it is very doable when you consider the talent on our offensive line, Kleinsasser, and good old Richardson.
    [/quote]

Some really good points there!
    If we run 30 times, we will win IMO.
    You gotta believe that's Chilly's number, or, 33, as you estutely point out.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=37695.msg635036#msg635036 date=1189555345]
    [quote author=V link=topic=37695.msg635010#msg635010 date=1189554720]
    Haha, by 4 yards Singer.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm basing it on one game because that is all we have to go by so far this year. The difference here is you think AD will break a long one to put him over the 100 yards rushing along with the majority of the carries.

AD's long one last week was on a pass play & I think we might see some more of that this week. Those would be counted as receivng yards.

I'm thinking his rushing yards along with the split carries will keep him shy of 100 yards.

It's a prediction, nothing more.

I'm voting for AD to run for about 250 yards and 4 TDs before being pulled at the end of the first quarter due to the lopsided score.
    Okay, I guess it may take him most of the game.

And singersp - Detroit's run defense isn't that good.
    Their entire defense is pretty bad.
    I base that on talent level.
    They're okay at the DT position, but pretty terrible otherwise.
    They allowed fewer yards last week, true, but they allowed more yards/carry than we did, and it was against a bad Raiders rushing attack (and with Rhodes out).

Frankly, to suggest that the Lions run defense is anywhere near as good as ours is some form of Vikings blasphemy, and at least as bad as suggesting that Jordan is as good as AD.
    For shame, my friend!
    For shame!
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

KevinK is offline Starter

Id say 110yds with one td. But i feel our wrs will have breakout games.
    Wade 80 yds, rice 50 yds td, williamson 35 yds and tight ends 3 receptions. Vikings Win 24-17

"Overlord" wrote:
    I'm voting for AD to run for about 250 yards and 4 TDs before being pulled at the end of the first quarter due to the lopsided score.
    Okay, I guess it may take him most of the game.

And singersp - Detroit's run defense isn't that good.
    Their entire defense is pretty bad.
    I base that on talent level.
    They're okay at the DT position, but pretty terrible otherwise.
    They allowed fewer yards last week, true, but they allowed more yards/carry than we did, and it was against a bad Raiders rushing attack (and with Rhodes out).

Frankly, to suggest that the Lions run defense is anywhere near as good as ours is some form of Vikings blasphemy, and at least as bad as suggesting that Jordan is as good as AD.
    For shame, my friend!
    For shame!
    Never underestimate what a divisional foe can do during a divisional game on their own turf. I witnessed to many losses to the likes of Tampa Bay when they were in our division. They'd win 1 or a few games when they joined the league & the Vikings were the receipents of those losses.

They'll play us tough, you can bet on that.

I also hate it when people twist my posts, mis-quote & make it sound like I stated Rhodes & Jordan are as good as C-Tay & AD. I never said that.

Simply put, I stated I believe AD won't get 100 yards this week sharing duties with C-Tay.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast