Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Adrian Peterson

  1. #1
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Adrian Peterson

    I know some people on here are great football minds, and break down every play, but I really think AP is benefitting from our lack of passing attack. I am sure it is the reason he breaks so many long runs.

    Once he punishes the 8 guys in the box, he really has no one left to beat. He is home free.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041
    I think he could be threatening the rushing record, no passing attack or not. He is a premiere back, in a throw first league. He's really going to have to pick it up, unless he want to have a monster game next week.

    I think he needs 125 today, to make it acheivable next week at home.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  3. #3
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541
    Minnesota Vikings vs. Houston Texans - Photos - December 23, 2012 - ESPN

    is he changing directions in mid air? or is he running on air hence mortals cannot tackle him 1v1?

    no matter if he breaks the record or makes 2k. AP is a legend entering his prime. I'm' glad I got to see his first ever home pre-season game. and he's made it worth while to stay up late, or wake up @ 3 am to watch ever since.

    I think that coming off the surgery he was able to focus on how to improve. mentally and physically. he's reading lanes better, making faster decisions for his cuts, and his outside runs now are dangerous as his cut speed seems to have increased as the season progressed. the Oline does deserve some credit, they've schemed some good run plays, and have for the most part executed well. of course with AP's after contact yardage being unwordly.. it does help make the oline look better.


    here's hoping for 2x record day for AD vs GB.. 300+ yrd rushing, season rushing record, playoffs!!!


    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  4. #4
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    Minnesota Vikings vs. Houston Texans - Photos - December 23, 2012 - ESPN

    is he changing directions in mid air? or is he running on air hence mortals cannot tackle him 1v1?

    no matter if he breaks the record or makes 2k. AP is a legend entering his prime. I'm' glad I got to see his first ever home pre-season game. and he's made it worth while to stay up late, or wake up @ 3 am to watch ever since.

    I think that coming off the surgery he was able to focus on how to improve. mentally and physically. he's reading lanes better, making faster decisions for his cuts, and his outside runs now are dangerous as his cut speed seems to have increased as the season progressed. the Oline does deserve some credit, they've schemed some good run plays, and have for the most part executed well. of course with AP's after contact yardage being unwordly.. it does help make the oline look better.


    here's hoping for 2x record day for AD vs GB.. 300+ yrd rushing, season rushing record, playoffs!!!


    DiGiTaL
    That would be so awesome!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #5
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    629
    AD has always faced 8 in the box, and except for the freak '09 season with Favre, we haven't had much of a passing threat during his career, so I can't buy into that theory.

    I think along with better vision, run blocking, and Felton, his conditioning program to recover from his injury has been a bigger factor in his success this year. I imagine he had to go through the most intense conditioning program of his life just to make it back in time for the start of the season. As a result, AD is probably in the best shape of his life, and if he wasn't on a touch count the first half of the season, he would have broken the record already.

    Now if he were just a little more comfortable about switching the ball to his left arm once he gets to the 2nd level up the left side of the field, he'd have quite a few more of these "long runs". There were a number of times where he could have stiff armed a would be tackler with his right arm for extra yardage much like he does with his left, but that's probably why he doesn't fumble as much anymore so I'm not going to complain too much about that.

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Adrian Peterson

    Of course 8 in the box helps. The rest is a fb and multiple TE packages.
    Once he can find a seam in the line there are fewer DBs to tackle him.

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    FWIW;

    In 2012 thus far AD has had 23 carries of +20 in 314 attempts or 7.3%

    In 2011 AD had 7 carries of +20 in 208 attempts or 3.4%

    In 2010 AD had 9 carries of +20 in 283 attempts or 3.2%

    In 2009 AD had 12 carries of +20 in 314 attempts or 3.8%

    In 2008 AD had 20 carries of +20 in 363 attempts or 5.5%

    In 2007 AD had 11 carries of +20 in 238 attempts or 4.6%

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Of course 8 in the box helps. The rest is a fb and multiple TE packages.
    Once he can find a seam in the line there are fewer DBs to tackle him.
    YUP. And, improved blocking outside in general...Kalil can move, and I dare say, I've seen good downfield blocks out of pretty much all of our WRs this season too.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  9. #9
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    FWIW;

    In 2012 thus far AD has had 23 carries of +20 in 314 attempts or 7.3%

    In 2011 AD had 7 carries of +20 in 208 attempts or 3.4%

    In 2010 AD had 9 carries of +20 in 283 attempts or 3.2%

    In 2009 AD had 12 carries of +20 in 314 attempts or 3.8%

    In 2008 AD had 20 carries of +20 in 363 attempts or 5.5%

    In 2007 AD had 11 carries of +20 in 238 attempts or 4.6%
    Wow. Nice work...Singer and AP!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Wow. Nice work...Singer and AP!!
    If I add the % of pass attempts over 10+ yards to those numbers in ( ) at the end;

    In 2012 thus far AD has had 23 carries of +20 in 314 attempts or 7.3% (24%)

    In 2011 AD had 7 carries of +20 in 208 attempts or 3.4% (35% Ponder)

    In 2010 AD had 9 carries of +20 in 283 attempts or 3.2% (32% Favre)

    In 2009 AD had 12 carries of +20 in 314 attempts or 3.8% (29% Favre)

    In 2008 AD had 20 carries of +20 in 363 attempts or 5.5% (33% Frerotte)

    In 2007 AD had 11 carries of +20 in 238 attempts or 4.6% (32% Jackson)

    In the year teams respect our pass the least because we are only throwing thru the air further than 10 yards less that 25% of our passes, AD has gained the most yards of his career.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •