Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ADIOS LINNEHAN

skogs02 is offline Starter

ADIOS LINNEHAN

all i gotta say is...Don't let the door hit you on your ass!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

ADIOS LINNEHAN

"drtybrdy9" wrote:
    I really don't think that losing Linehan will have much of an effect on our offense. Someone wrote about getting the Jets o-corrdinator cause he will run the ball. I totally disagree with that, missing Jimmy K is the reason that we couldn't run the ball this year and the last thing we need is another fired Jets assistant. Also, I will be happy not having those stupid butt reverse passes in the redzone called anymore.

It wasn't that we couldn't run the ball, it was that we didn't. Check the rush yards per attempt on bennett and onterrio. We could run the football, just never stayed with it. Now sure it is easier with jimmy, but we just threw the ball way way too much.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

ADIOS LINNEHAN

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    Tice, play calling, please god no. Head coaches dont need to be play calling, i never liked that.

We will probably find someone thats had succes in the NFL, someone's gonna see what we have in pepp, moss, nate, birk, Mrob, Mkinnie, Onterrio, and there gonna get exited to cordinate a team with those calibar of players. Someones gonna have a hay day.

It'll probably be another cheap, unknown college guy.
    I'm not gonna bank on that one bit, Cotrell was known for running #1 and #2 defenses in the league, i think several teams were intristed in him. He was supposed to be a top flight D Cordinator that damn near got a head coaching job in the league but missed out. I dont think we paid him chicken feed. I think some of you guys overeact to reds wallet spending, hes not as bad as peaple make him out to be, but hes not snider either. The one thing i hate most of all about red is his threats to move the team.

ADIOS LINNEHAN

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    Tice, play calling, please god no. Head coaches dont need to be play calling, i never liked that.

We will probably find someone thats had succes in the NFL, someone's gonna see what we have in pepp, moss, nate, birk, Mrob, Mkinnie, Onterrio, and there gonna get exited to cordinate a team with those calibar of players. Someones gonna have a hay day.

It'll probably be another cheap, unknown college guy.
    I'm not gonna bank on that one bit, Cotrell was known for running #1 and #2 defenses in the league, i think several teams were intristed in him. He was supposed to be a top flight D Cordinator that gol 'darnit near got a head coaching job in the league but missed out. I dont think we paid him chicken feed. I think some of you guys overeact to reds wallet spending, hes not as bad as peaple make him out to be, but hes not snider either. The one thing i hate most of all about red is his threats to move the team.

Dude, I was talking about a guy like linehan. That was the comparison. I never said he didn't spend money on any coaches. Even so, he isn't gonna be the owner that spends on our new O-coordinator anyways, cause this team is as good as sold.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

ADIOS LINNEHAN

"jackyl" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    And have I mentioned I hate the gol darnit thing??
    LMFAO
    finally!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

ADIOS LINNEHAN

I'm sorry webby, I'm not trying to complain, but man gol darnit really makes us sound like friken' hicks and I personally don't want to be thought of as a hick!! LOL

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheBlitzReport is offline Waterboy

Re: ADIOS LINNEHAN

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "Hooversham" wrote:
    KFAN is now reporting that Scott Linnehan has taken a job with Miami. Oh well. I think we'll see that his "coordination" skills aren't as good as his surrounding personel. Just my .02.

There ends an era. I'm not upset. :salute:

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Now we need some O coordinator possibilities. I know the jets O-coordinator just resigned or was fired. He wouldn't be afraid to run the ball.
    Paul Hackett is the worst of the worst, you don't want that guy to run your offense.

Re: ADIOS LINNEHAN

"TheBlitzReport" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "Hooversham" wrote:
    KFAN is now reporting that Scott Linnehan has taken a job with Miami. Oh well. I think we'll see that his "coordination" skills aren't as good as his surrounding personel. Just my .02.

There ends an era. I'm not upset. :salute:

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Now we need some O coordinator possibilities. I know the jets O-coordinator just resigned or was fired. He wouldn't be afraid to run the ball.
    Paul Hackett is the worst of the worst, you don't want that guy to run your offense.

Yeah, I wasn't saying I/we wanted him personally, but someone who would run a balanced offense, instead of throwing the ball 70+% of the time.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

ADIOS LINNEHAN

I personally like throwing the football! The NFL has evolved into more of a passing offense anyways, hasn't it?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ADIOS LINNEHAN

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I personally like throwing the football! The NFL has evolved into more of a passing offense anyways, hasn't it?

70+% of the time is crazy though. It makes it real hard to win when you throw the ball that often. It is actaully also easier to pass the ball, if you run the ball more. The colts were around the 60% range in passing and it seems like they throw the ball all the time. Balance balance balance, that is what we need. Our offense would be more explosive, if we did run the ball more. Play action would then actually mean something.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast