Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Addressing our Problems

There are a few things I can think of

1.) We need to Fire Tice and get a real coach. He makes horrible decisions, does not know how to challenge a play, and just looks like a little kid on the sidelines. Who puts the ball in their receiver's hands with 2 minutes left in the game when you are on the 20 yard line going in for the win that saves your season? Plain horrible call.

2.) New coordinators. Linehan is underachieving and Cotrell is not doing very much. Our defense looks worse than last year's. I mean does Cotrell tell them not to play the first half, and then finally play in the second half? Vikings fans just have to love it when you tune into ESPN and you hear them asking if Minny's defense even exists.

3.) Never though I would say this one, but Culpepper might need to go - even though that will never happen. He just has such a mental block that I cannot understand...he gets too flustered and either plays stupidly or too conservatively most of the time. Granted, he was in the zone in the beginning of the season, but with our team I really think that should be the norm. I mean look at what Jeff George did with our team in 98..and what Gus did when Culp was hurt last year. I wonder how we would do with a pocket QB with better decision making skills?

We have some issues on our team, and I really hope they are addressed because I am getting sick of the letdown every season. Sorry for the ranting guys and gals...but tell me what you think.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Re: Addressing our Problems

"ADubya26" wrote:

1.) We need to Fire Tice and get a real coach. He makes horrible decisions, does not know how to challenge a play, and just looks like a little kid on the sidelines. Who puts the ball in their receiver's hands with 2 minutes left in the game when you are on the 20 yard line going in for the win that saves your season? Plain horrible call.

2.) New coordinators. Linehan is underachieving and Cotrell is not doing very much. Our defense looks worse than last year's. I mean does Cotrell tell them not to play the first half, and then finally play in the second half? Vikings fans just have to love it when you tune into ESPN and you hear them asking if Minny's defense even exists.

3.) Never though I would say this one, but Culpepper might need to go - even though that will never happen. He just has such a mental block that I cannot understand...he gets too flustered and either plays stupidly or too conservatively most of the time. Granted, he was in the zone in the beginning of the season, but with our team I really think that should be the norm. I mean look at what Jeff George did with our team in 98..and what Gus did when Culp was hurt last year. I wonder how we would do with a pocket QB with better decision making skills?

We have some issues on our team, and I really hope they are addressed because I am getting sick of the letdown every season. Sorry for the ranting guys and gals...but tell me what you think.

Wow your kidding me....get rid of c-pepp that is ridicoulus.....GUYS THE VIKINGS WILL LOSE GAMES JUST RELAX.....the whole team does not need to be torn apart after every loss.....I can understand your argument for firing the coaches but Cullpepper is a 1 in a million QB. wow.

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Addressing our Problems

Lets just see what happens with the first 2 ideas and maybe that will fix the 3rd one.

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Addressing our Problems

This current team isn't doing any better then the team last year and this years team has more talent.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:

Wow your kidding me....get rid of c-pepp that is ridicoulus.....GUYS THE VIKINGS WILL LOSE GAMES JUST RELAX.....the whole team does not need to be torn apart after every loss.....I can understand your argument for firing the coaches but Cullpepper is a 1 in a million QB. wow.

We aren't saying the team needs to be torn apart because of one loss. It is because of back to back season of late season slide and underacheiving. This is the reason, not just this one game.

For the record, NO WAY DAUNTE NEEDS TO GO!

Haneef87 is offline Rookie

Addressing our Problems

Its the coaching and the defense. Damn our defense is horrendous and our coaching is pathetic. why do we make randy moss throw a pass in the red zone. So damn unbeleivable and man scott linehan needs to go. the playcalling is so conservative. NO long bombs at all. I cant deal with heart attacks anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Addressing our Problems

I love Culpepper and I have never said this before about him...but he made some horrible throws today that should have went for TDs...like that Moss slant. I just really want to see how the team does with someone else in there. I remember when Gus was in there last year he lit it up..he was in there for 2 and a half games and had 7 TDs with 2 INTs...and we won all 3 games. Culpepper is getting better each season, but he really needs to toughen up mentally.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:

We aren't saying the team needs to be torn apart because of one loss. It is because of back to back season of late season slide and underacheiving. This is the reason, not just this one game.

Hey MuchLuv at least we agree on one thing.....NO WAY CULLPEPPER SHOULD GO

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:

Hey MuchLuv at least we agree on one thing.....NO WAY CULLPEPPER SHOULD GO

Wow we finally agree on something!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Addressing our Problems

Ok I have the answer to the Vikings problems: lets fire RED!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast