darkflood is offline Starter

Adam Sandler Team

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061027

THE ADAM SANDLER TEAM

8. Minnesota (4-2)
    You know how Sandler's movies consistently make more money than anyone else in Hollywood, but if somebody argued in a room full of people that Sandler was the biggest movie star alive, everyone would think that person was crazy? Well, the Vikings are a little like that. They hang around, don't make mistakes, force 1-2 dumb turnovers a game and control the football with a superior offensive line (their one true strength). And if that's not enough, their Ewing Theory potential with Culpepper and Moss is off the charts. But if somebody claimed they had a chance to win the Super Bowl, everyone would pull the "You're crazy!" routine. Let's see what happens on Monday night against the Pats. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Great. I don't know if we should be offended or happy about this... :-
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Adam Sandler Team

30. Miami (1-6)
    The Dolphins are 0-7 against the spread. They've lost to a 2-4 team and three 1-5 teams. And Drew Brees has emerged as an MVP candidate in New Orleans. Yup, it's safe to say that Culpepper-over-Brees has officially passed Williams-over-Bush as the single-worst NFL decision of 2006. Dan Marino summed it up nicely on "Inside the NFL" last week: "[They] looked at Daunte Culpepper and he has a knee, and he has a problem with that, it's a health issue, and they looked at Drew Brees, he's a proven quarterback and he's done well, but he has a shoulder."

(Note to Al Michaels: You've done it. You've created a monster. I hope you're happy. Pretty soon, we'll be seeing "Grey's Anatomy" doctors looking over X-rays and saying, "Well, it looks like he definitely has a leg, there's no question ...")
    And yet there are still people on this forum who think we made a mistake...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

And this one...

23. Green Bay (2-4)
    Decent chance they could be 4-4 in two weeks, followed by the inevitable barrage of "Don't throw dirt on Brett Favre yet!" stories, followed by Favre blowing a potential upset in Minnesota, followed by blowout losses to the Pats and Seahawks, followed by the inevitable barrage of "Should Favre hang it up?" stories and Steve Mariucci reminding us on the NFL Network that he once coached Favre and Brett Favre is a competitor. Wake me up when it's over.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

And finally... he may have rated them number 1, but this really isn't a vote of confidence.

1. Chicago (6-0)
    Look, I don't trust Rex Grossman to win a big game on the road, either. He could crap his pants during their next Monday night game and I wouldn't be surprised. That's why I'm leaning toward the Bears being the "Peaked Too Early" Team. For now, we're sticking them here because I can't think of anyone else who deserves to be first.
    In case you are curious, here is the author's pick for Monday's game:

VIKINGS (+2) over Patriots
    Too damned loud.

That's right.
    We are too damned loud.
    The dome will be ROCKING on Monday night!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"darkflood" wrote:

THE ADAM SANDLER TEAM

8. Minnesota (4-2)
    You know how Sandler's movies consistently make more money than anyone else in Hollywood, but if somebody argued in a room full of people that Sandler was the biggest movie star alive, everyone would think that person was crazy? Well, the Vikings are a little like that. They hang around, don't make mistakes, force 1-2 dumb turnovers a game and control the football with a superior offensive line (their one true strength). And if that's not enough, their Ewing Theory potential with Culpepper and Moss is off the charts. But if somebody claimed they had a chance to win the Super Bowl, everyone would pull the "You're crazy!" routine. Let's see what happens on Monday night against the Pats. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Great. I don't know if we should be offended or happy about this... :-\
    I'm offended...mainly because I hate Adam Sandler...and of course, you have to consider the messenger.
    Simmons is the biggest Bahston homer..of course he is gonna put the Patsies as one of his three contenders.
    I can hardly wait until ALL of the New England teams SUCK again...it still won't shut up the Bahston know-it-alls...but it will make telling them to STFU much easier!
    Of course, they will just "pull a Green Bay", which will be to pull out the old Super Bowl wins to back themselves up.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"darkflood" wrote:

THE ADAM SANDLER TEAM

8. Minnesota (4-2)

I think this guy is more into coming up with cute names for teams than knowing anything about which he is writing (note bold above).
    Obviously he hasn't seen our Defense play.
    :

WWBGD

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Adam Sandler always wins at the end of his movies, so Im ok with that
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"RK." wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:

THE ADAM SANDLER TEAM

8. Minnesota (4-2)

I think this guy is more into coming up with cute names for teams than knowing anything about which he is writing (note bold above).
    Obviously he hasn't seen our Defense play.
    :
    BUT like most deluded Patsy fans, he thinks that the New England defensive line is the best in football and the Vikings DL doesn't even hold a candle to them.

I SOOOOO want the Vikings to win this game...and a close win would be just fine with me.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE