avshoeman is offline Waterboy

AD talks to Stoops

On Adrian Peterson's performance on Sunday

Stoops: Talked to him yesterday, real happy for him. I just thought it was great. We're grading our tape and just had a chance to look in on him from time to time and kept seeing his highlights. Just pleased for him, and not surprised.

I just think that naturally he's a young guy leaving here as a true junior, he's just naturally going to keep maturing as hard as it is to believe, physically. Those guys as they get into their mid-20s gain more strength, more power and really physically mature. And I don't think he's done. He's just an exceptional talent.

I said to him I wasn't sure I'd think you've gotten faster just watching you on TV. He laughed and said, "Tell coach Schmidt I'm still doing my three-trippers after practice." So he's doing his conditioning exercises after practice and keeping his strength and endurance up. He looks great.

On if he thinks Peterson is going to have a long career the way he runs, or does he need to run out of bounds more

Stoops: Well, if it's like last week I think he'll have a long career. How good that defense is and who's hitting him has a lot to do with it. He said he woke up yesterday expecting to be really sore and he goes, 'Coach, I felt pretty good.' That's what happens when you rush for about 300. You're not on the ground a lot.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: AD talks to Stoops

I just think that naturally he's a young guy leaving here as a true junior, he's just naturally going to keep maturing as hard as it is to believe, physically. Those guys as they get into their mid-20s gain more strength, more power and really physically mature. And I don't think he's done.
    Now, that's a scary thought.
    Stoops kinda knows his stuff at times.

Nice find there, very insightful. where did you find this?

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: AD talks to Stoops

Hx
    is that the real Hx
    where are you hiding the real HX

Stoops has never held a talent back, in fact encouraged both Roy and AD to take advantage of their chances