Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    AD Sat Out 1st 5 Games of 2012


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good thing ponder was covering for him during that time.

  3. #3
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Adrian Peterson Says he ‘Sat Out’ First Five Games of 2012
    Peterson could have gained more yards, but he could have been injured or worn out later in the season too. One cannot know the outcome.

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Good thing ponder was covering for him during that time.
    Just snorted coffee on my monitor old friend. Well played, well played indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Week 1 - Ponder 270 yards.....Oooops, what ya got to say there Singersp?
    Week 2 - Ponder 245 yards.....snicker
    Week 3 - Ponder 198 yards
    Week 4 - Ponder 111 yards....There is one of your "Under 130 Yard things"
    Week 5 - Ponder 258 yards....Ooooooopsssss....snicker.....LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Just snorted coffee on my monitor old friend. Well played, well played indeed.
    Thank you- I'll be here all night.......

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Week 1 - Ponder 270 yards.....Oooops, what ya got to say there Singersp?
    Ponder:0 TD's. AD: 2 TD's Walsh: 4 FG's

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Week 2 - Ponder 245 yards.....snicker
    Snicker? You dou realize we lost that game...right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Week 3 - Ponder 198 yards
    Week 4 - Ponder 111 yards....There is one of your "Under 130 Yard things"
    There you go. Nuff said

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Week 5 - Ponder 258 yards....Ooooooopsssss....snicker.....LOL.
    Decent win against one of the worst teams in the league, although he threw 2 picks.

    It's not the 4 or 5 good games that Ponder had that I worry about, it's the 11 or12 not so good ones.

    Just because the Vikings won 10 games, doesn't mean Ponder had 10 good games. That's one thing you don't seem to get.
    Last edited by singersp; 07-02-2013 at 06:42 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ponder:0 TD's. AD: 2 TD's Walsh: 4 FG's



    Snicker? You dou realize we lost that game...right?



    There you go. Nuff said



    Decent win against one of the worst teams in the league, although he threw 2 picks.

    It's not the 4 or 5 good games that Ponder had that I worry about, it's the 11 or12 not so good ones.

    Just because the Vikings won 10 games, doesn't mean Ponder had 10 good games. That's one thing you don't seem to get.
    So now he has to have yards and TD's. Moving the ball down the field through the air and then letting AD put it in the end zone doesn't count?

    Your a hard man old friend. A hard man indeed.

    For me, I'd rather have him keep up what he's doing in the red zone (see the old article I posted that you obviously didn't) than trying to force it just so he can have an extra td or 2 so you feel happier.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So now he has to have yards and TD's. Moving the ball down the field through the air and then letting AD put it in the end zone doesn't count?

    Your a hard man old friend. A hard man indeed.

    For me, I'd rather have him keep up what he's doing in the red zone (see the old article I posted that you obviously didn't) than trying to force it just so he can have an extra td or 2 so you feel happier.
    I don't mind him moving the ball down the field & letting AD put it in the endzone. Problem is, many a time he stalls us way short of the endzone & barely within FG range. If not for Walsh booming 10 50+ yard FG's & half of his 38 tries being over 40, we don't win 10 games.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't mind him moving the ball down the field & letting AD put it in the endzone. Problem is, many a time he stalls us way short of the endzone & barely within FG range. If not for Walsh booming 10 50+ yard FG's & half of his 38 tries being over 40, we don't win 10 games.
    So now moving them down, and making a wise decision with the ball whch results in points by a FG kicker are bad as well? WOW.

    How about the last minute drives were he moved the ball down the field and then with seconds left turned it over to the kicker to either tie or win it? I suppose those are bad as well.

    Comeon Steve, the kid is asked to be a game manager and don't make mistakes, but when he needs to play QB he has shown instances when he can.

    Is he shaky at times? Sure, anyone who doesn't expect that out of him is really really asking alot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •