singersp is offline PPO Newshound

AD must prove to Mike Zimmer hes a leader

Adrian Peterson must prove to Mike Zimmer hes a leader

Adrian Peterson must prove to Mike Zimmer he's a leader Vikings Now

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think Zimmer also has to prove he is a coach to some of the team that were burned out during the Frazier years. It's kind of a two way street.

WWBGD

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Its just a story from a reporter that didn't even do the interview, based on a couple of sound bites and a flashy byeline. But it could be interesting to hear that interview from the Horn 104.9 cause Zim also made his comments on Manziel there

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think Zimmer also has to prove he is a coach to some of the team that were burned out during the Frazier years. It's kind of a two way street.
    The way the players in Cincy talk about him, I don't think we have much to worry about there.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I love zim but hireing an intern type d cord and him taking on the duty of calling the defence ...well his title sez head coach there are certain resposabilities that go with being the head coach ....ex managing the clock at the 2 min warnings ...you want a head coaching job then become the head coach let go of the defence and delegate that to a coach that can handle it ....i just dont know it might be his down fall ..just saying

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    If YOU were a defensive coach, and you got your shot at a Head coach position, who would you put at DC? A strong-minded veteran coach who has his own way of doing things (which might NOT be the way you do things) or a prodigy you know you can mold to call defenses YOU would call?

The fact of the matter is, Frazier was supposed to be a defensive coach too, and it looks like he kept his nose out of the defense as soon as he was promoted. I respect his abilities, there is no WAY he was calling the day to day shots; he was just too good to lay an egg that big. Leaving the defense in someone else's hands was dumb, because he was responsible for the reputation of the defense since that was where he made his bones.

AP has not had to be a leader before, and star players don't always translate to great leaders; the get respect, but respect and devotion are two different things. I respect my mom, but I would never follow her onto a football field, ya know?

Just more proof Zimmer has an honest approach to answering reporters, and he is not hinting anything... just giving a straight answer to a simple question.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics