Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorshammer10 View Post
    All I am saying is I thought this site was called "Purple Pride" ! I am logged on to the right place ain't I.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Yes, Thorshammer10, you are logged on to the right place.

I have a unique perspective, living about 85 miles from Lambeau Field (due to work), and working among a lot of Packer fans. I'm not the only Viking fan living here in Wausau, WI. I'm not the only Viking fan here where I work. And, sometimes it gets difficult to take all the teasing when the Packers do well and the Vikings do not do well.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm one of the only Viking fans who's truly looking forward to this season. Yes, I know that many fans want their team to be great RIGHT NOW. But, the way I was brought up in NE Iowa, I was taught good sportsmanship at a young age. I was taught that good sportsmanship meant supporting your team at all times, regardless of whether they were winning or losing. Sometimes I catch myself turning negative when the Vikings are not doing well. I think it's just human nature to do so.

I honestly look forward to this 2012 Vikings team. Do I expect them to win the NFC North? No. Do I expect them to get a .500 record? No. Do I expect them to be competitive week in and week out, performing to the best of their ability? Yes!

I just got done taking a work-related course on "bucket filling", and how negativity really can bring others down. Personally, I'd rather build people up in these chats (positivity) than add to others' negativity.

Bottom line, Thorshammer10, I fully understand how you can be frustrated with the sheer volume of negativity on this website (or other websites). I get tired of it, too. Let's support our team unconditionally. SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    You guys aren't alone!

I am PUMPED to see my Vikes play on Sunday - even though it will be on TV. Hate to miss my first home opener in many years, but between work and Renee getting her PhD, time is a bit scarce these days.

But I honestly am EXCITED for the Vikings!

I am excited to see Ponder come into his own this year!
    I am excited to see AD come roaring back from his injury!
    I am excited to see the difference that Simpson can make in an offense that lacked a deep threat last year!
    I am excited to see our offense improve by leaps an bounds over last year!
    I am excited to see Smith deliver some hits this year!
    I am excited to have Cook back!
    I am excited to see Jared Allen BREAK the sack record this year!
    I am excited to see us get off to a strong start in these first two games - just what our team needs for a good confidence boost!

I could keep going, but I think you get the picture.

BRING ON JACKSONVILLE! I AM READY TO START THE SEASON WITH A WIN!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I am excited to see Ponder come into his own this year!
    I am excited to see AD come roaring back from his injury!
    I am excited to see the difference that Simpson can make in an offense that lacked a deep threat last year!
    I am excited to see our offense improve by leaps an bounds over last year!
    I am excited to see Smith deliver some hits this year!
    I am excited to have Cook back!
    I am excited to see Jared Allen BREAK the sack record this year!
    I am excited to see us get off to a strong start in these first two games - just what our team needs for a good confidence boost!

I could keep going, but I think you get the picture.

BRING ON JACKSONVILLE! I AM READY TO START THE SEASON WITH A WIN!
    I'm excited to point out how you're wrong about every one of those points.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm excited to point out how you're wrong about every one of those points.
    It wouldn't be football season if you didn't.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I agree, we need to knock off the negativity. Its easy to be negative. Its lazy. It takes no heart.

To cheer and look to positive takes effort, courage, and a belief in the ability to achieve.

Let's take back the Purple Pride!!
    What were you saying about Webb again?!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Might as well play him. Hell they played him last season in a meaningless game coming off a sprained ankle. How long are you going to baby the guy? He's put in more work then probably any guy coming off this injury. Reward him with about 10 carries to get him back into the mix. Is a few more weeks going to make any difference? Any guy can get whacked on the knee at any time. His knee is not going to get any better than it is right now after all the work the guy has put in.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I feel all of you all on the pride and having purple pride... I have purple pride and that's why I'm still rocking my jersey's and stuff being 3-13.
    I watched all of the games last season knowing that the team sucked and seeing a defense that could not stop a quarterback good enough to throw a twelve yard pass. I am still looking forward to Sunday.

However, if you don't like the general direction of our franchise, A'LA Frazier and Spielman, then I'm not going to root for us to tank games, but I am by no means gonna sad when we loose. Personally, I dont' think Frazier or Spielman are the right ppl for the job. My opinion. If they prove me wrong, I will be more than happy... but I pretty much highly doubt it...
    I feel the same way.

As for Peterson, he is a very good running back, but running backs are not the game changers they used to be in the NFL. Any coach that believes a running back can bring a team to the promised land should buy a rainbow VW bus. It is a passing league; welcome to the 21st Century.

Will Peterson get some reps? I do not know.

Is Peterson close to 100%? I do not know. He likely does not know. Doctors likely do not know.

Adrian Peterson likely may never be 100% again. Is 90% of great still great? Maybe 95% or 80%? We do not know.

It's a mystery.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    If All Day says he can play, then let him play. He's our franchise player and I think he has earn the respect of the coaching staff and the players. LET'EM PLAY BABY!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well hope that AP will come back as the team really falls without him. Hope he will be fine!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

NoCalOnline is offline Waterboy
    AP will play. Limited carries. Gerhart can do enough to keep teams honest against the run. The key is Ponders decision making and accuracy, not AP's availability.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Adrian Peterson will start.

From coach Leslie Frasier via CBS Sports.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234