Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I don't care one way or the other. If he isn't 100% ready to roll then they should sit him as long as it takes. It isn't like we will be fighting for a playoff spot this yer any way.
    +1
    And Toby will be fine filling in as the starter.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    OK, fine, I overreacted. Sorry. I was having a very bad day. I just flashed back to mid-season last year when people actually WERE talking that way.

As for some of the other, more specific points made:

I do think we stand a good chance of ending up better that the Colts. I', in Indianapolis, and I am not buying into the hype here. Luck seems to be the real deal, but he's still a rookie and will face his share of growing pains. They've simply lost too many good players. Go back and take a look at the list of their losses again. I feel that it's all smoke and mirrors here.

Singer, I did see your post in the other thread you mentioned, and was pleasantly surprised. I do know from past experience that you're not really the complete pessimist you sometimes seem to be, but finishing out of the top ten was beyond what I had believed you could expect. It's possible, certainly, if we do as I've hoped and gain some confidence and momentum off of a few early wins. I've predicted 7-9, which would probably do it, but like so many other predictions in this game we love, a lot depends more on what others do than what our guys do, More than one team who is expected to be decent will have to collapse. It happens every year to someone, so we'll just have to await and see.

And no, I do not expect playoffs, not even close, because there are too many very good teams in the NFC right now. Mark my words, at least one if not two 10-6 or better teams won't make it this year. There are only two wildcard spots open, to be awarded among probably five or six good non-division winners. Pretty much only the NFC West is a lock to send just one team to the post-season.The playoff battle will be fierce this year.

So again, I apologize for my overreaction. It just hit me the wrong way at the wrong time.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I really feel sorry for some of you guys sometimes. Wow. The season hasn't even started yet, and you're already talking about tanking it for the right to potentially draft another rookie QB. And he isn't even as good a prospect as Luck was last year.

I'll reiterate what I've maintained here: I will never, EVER, root for my Vikings to lose, not even a single game, no matter what perceived potential advantage it might provide.

We won't be good, but we're not going to be in the running for the top pick, either. Possibly top 5, but we'll finish better than at least four out of the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Colts, Rams and Jaguars, and quite possibly ahead of all of them. So let's leave off the draft discussion until the season is over, please?
    Excellent post my friend, however, just because I like to talk about the drafts this early in the year doesn't mean I am looking for the team to tank games. Like you, I hate it when teams do it and actually believe very few of them do.

Pretty hard to get players to hold back because when they do they affect their pay by not reaching escalators/incentives.

As to the AD discussion. I for one think it is absolutely insane to rush him back and think the only reason the team is behind him on this is because of the ticket sales issue.

We have a young team that is in the very beginnings of being built (again), a young RB that is more than capable of filling in as the starter for him and a series of early games that we should be able to win without him.

Let that team take the field and lets see what they can do. By the time it starts to make sense to bring him back, Simpson will also be back. Offense will be better for going through those games without them and we will be ready to roll into the meat of our schedule.

Problem with that, our fan base just doesn't understand that concept. In the ultimate team game, they believe we are doomed if we have one player not available when in fact we are doomed when we don't have bench players ready to step in when we lose one of our impact players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Thorshammer10 is offline Waterboy
    I never thought my fellow vikings fans would make me sick. What a bunch of negetive nancys. Alot of how a team's attitude is based on the fan base behind them. No wonder the team didn't give a shit about winning during Childress's last year. Look at fan moral that year. I then everyone is all shocked and nervous when there is talk of the team moving. Where are all the diehard fans? Tanking the season- Make me puke!

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I really feel sorry for some of you guys sometimes. Wow. The season hasn't even started yet, and you're already talking about tanking it for the right to potentially draft another rookie QB. And he isn't even as good a prospect as Luck was last year.

I'll reiterate what I've maintained here: I will never, EVER, root for my Vikings to lose, not even a single game, no matter what perceived potential advantage it might provide.

We won't be good, but we're not going to be in the running for the top pick, either. Possibly top 5, but we'll finish better than at least four out of the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Colts, Rams and Jaguars, and quite possibly ahead of all of them. So let's leave off the draft discussion until the season is over, please?
    We are not going to finish ahead of the Colts.
    WTF!?! Are you even a Vikings fan?

All I am saying is I thought this site was called "Purple Pride" ! I am logged on to the right place ain't I.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorshammer10 View Post
    All I am saying is I thought this site was called "Purple Pride" ! I am logged on to the right place ain't I.
    Yes, Thorshammer10, you are logged on to the right place.

I have a unique perspective, living about 85 miles from Lambeau Field (due to work), and working among a lot of Packer fans. I'm not the only Viking fan living here in Wausau, WI. I'm not the only Viking fan here where I work. And, sometimes it gets difficult to take all the teasing when the Packers do well and the Vikings do not do well.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm one of the only Viking fans who's truly looking forward to this season. Yes, I know that many fans want their team to be great RIGHT NOW. But, the way I was brought up in NE Iowa, I was taught good sportsmanship at a young age. I was taught that good sportsmanship meant supporting your team at all times, regardless of whether they were winning or losing. Sometimes I catch myself turning negative when the Vikings are not doing well. I think it's just human nature to do so.

I honestly look forward to this 2012 Vikings team. Do I expect them to win the NFC North? No. Do I expect them to get a .500 record? No. Do I expect them to be competitive week in and week out, performing to the best of their ability? Yes!

I just got done taking a work-related course on "bucket filling", and how negativity really can bring others down. Personally, I'd rather build people up in these chats (positivity) than add to others' negativity.

Bottom line, Thorshammer10, I fully understand how you can be frustrated with the sheer volume of negativity on this website (or other websites). I get tired of it, too. Let's support our team unconditionally. SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I agree, we need to knock off the negativity. Its easy to be negative. Its lazy. It takes no heart.

To cheer and look to positive takes effort, courage, and a belief in the ability to achieve.

Let's take back the Purple Pride!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I agree, we need to knock off the negativity. Its easy to be negative. Its lazy. It takes no heart.

To cheer and look to positive takes effort, courage, and a belief in the ability to achieve.

Let's take back the Purple Pride!!
    This.

This is the truth.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    I feel all of you all on the pride and having purple pride... I have purple pride and that's why i'm still rocking my jersey's and stuff being 3-13.

However, if you don't liike the general direction of our franchise, A'LA Frazier and Spielman, then I'm not going to root for us to tank games, but I am by no means gonna sad when we loose. (I cried when we lost to N.O. 3 years ago.. literally...

Personally, I dont' think Frazier or Spielman are the right ppl for the job. My opinion. If they prove me wrong, I will be more than happy... but I pretty much highly doubt it...

My two cents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast