Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Might as well win something.
    If we win that aren't we in for the bonus prize of a new coach

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I really feel sorry for some of you guys sometimes. Wow. The season hasn't even started yet, and you're already talking about tanking it for the right to potentially draft another rookie QB. And he isn't even as good a prospect as Luck was last year.

I'll reiterate what I've maintained here: I will never, EVER, root for my Vikings to lose, not even a single game, no matter what perceived potential advantage it might provide.

We won't be good, but we're not going to be in the running for the top pick, either. Possibly top 5, but we'll finish better than at least four out of the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Colts, Rams and Jaguars, and quite possibly ahead of all of them. So let's leave off the draft discussion until the season is over, please?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I really feel sorry for some of you guys sometimes. Wow. The season hasn't even started yet, and you're already talking about tanking it for the right to potentially draft another rookie QB. And he isn't even as good a prospect as Luck was last year.

I'll reiterate what I've maintained here: I will never, EVER, root for my Vikings to lose, not even a single game, no matter what perceived potential advantage it might provide.

We won't be good, but we're not going to be in the running for the top pick, either. Possibly top 5, but we'll finish better than at least four out of the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Colts, Rams and Jaguars, and quite possibly ahead of all of them. So let's leave off the draft discussion until the season is over, please?
    We are not going to finish ahead of the Colts.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nobody was talking about tanking the season. I made a comment about not being in the playoff hunt ( And if you have seen our WR's, Secondary, Special teams etc and think they are playoff quality....)and singer made a joke that I joked back about.

Not sure why so many have their undies in a bunch, we got a 10 year LT, a new place to play and a young team. Just relax, sit back and have some fun with it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

No one is talking about tanking the season for a new quarterback. If you're referring to my sarcastic Matt Barkley sweepstakes comment, you took it the wrong way.

Do I need to always put "sarcasm on" & "sarcasm off" on my posts? I was referring to the following article I posted prior to commenting in this one, where a few so-called sports analyst yutzes have us possibly finishing as the worst in the NFL.

Worst NFL team: Vikings, Browns in Matt Barkley sweepstakes?

Never in my life have I ever felt the Vikings should tank the season or remainder of a bad one in favor of a better draft pick.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Nobody was talking about tanking the season. I made a comment about not being in the playoff hunt ( And if you have seen our WR's, Secondary, Special teams etc and think they are playoff quality....)and singer made a joke that I joked back about.

Not sure why so many have their undies in a bunch, we got a 10 year LT, a new place to play and a young team. Just relax, sit back and have some fun with it.
    +1

At least 1 person picked up on the sarcasm/joke in my post & knew what I was talking about.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    But we are fighting with Cleveland & a few other teams to not win the Matt Barkley sweepstakes
    Is that the best they can come up with? "Suck for Luck" was catchy.

"Stinkley for Barkley"?

"Shat for Matt"?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Do I need to always put "sarcasm on" & "sarcasm off" on my posts? I was referring to the following article I posted prior to commenting in this one, where a few so-called sports analyst yutzes have us possibly finishing as the worst in the NFL.
    Singer, those who have never met you and watched you consume a barely seared cow on a bun might not get you. As you've said to me on these forums - in person, I'm a different beast than on PPO - same for you dude.

You and I both think we're making strides in the right direction - for the most part - even if I think we need to have a tad more faith in Ponder than you do.

Hope to see you at one of the games I'll be at this season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Singer, those who have never met you and watched you consume a barely seared cow on a bun might not get you. As you've said to me on these forums - in person, I'm a different beast than on PPO - same for you dude.

You and I both think we're making strides in the right direction - for the most part - even if I think we need to have a tad more faith in Ponder than you do.

Hope to see you at one of the games I'll be at this season.

=Z=
    I have more faith in Ponder than you think, a few things bother me, but for the most part I believe our receiving corp will be the ones letting him down rather than the other way around. That is of course if the OL does their job.. Harvin & K-Rud will be fine. I'm hoping Simpson pans out too.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Look it's a new season, we have a young team that has some talent and some question marks. I'm excited to see if our young guys step up. I want our young db's, wr's, QB all to play well. I don't expect a superbowl this year, but I see a marked improvement over last year, and feel we are definantly going in the right direction. Lets get into the season before we lose faith.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast