Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

AD looks a lot like OJ.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMzVNKp2tw[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMzVNKp2tw

I was at work looking at football highlights( Nate Poole catch) and I came across this replay. Watching it I instantly thought of AD. I know everyone mentions Dickerson and Payton but it seems like OJ is always left out. Even though he destroyed the league in the same manner. His first season he rushed for 1,251 compared to Peterson's 1311 His 2nd season he rushed for 2,003 yards in 14 games and became the first to ever rush for 2000 yards. He also had his best season with a QB that did almost nothing that year. His Qb Joe Fergerson, thru for 4 tds and 10 ints that season.

Watching the replay the cutbacks while going full speed are extremely similar to AD's. The gallop they hit while running thru tackles is just as similar. I wish AD the same NFL sucess as O.J. and I hope he can translate his NFL sucess to endorsements and acting gigs like the Juice was able to. I hope he avoided OJ's league dramas.

Some more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O6sJZYerKA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xhsf2X_ssw&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeceVQf_vM4&feature=related

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: AD looks a lot like OJ.

This mean Peterson will kill two people get aquitted and go to jail for robbing people in Vegas

i never actually thought of that. good observation kevon

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    This mean Peterson will kill two people get aquitted and go to jail for robbing people in Vegas
    I thought it was going to be a (hopefully) photoshopped picture of him behind bars, buying his fellow inmates, chocolate, candy bars and smokes.
    ;D
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson runs a lot harder and more physically than it appears OJ does there.
    Also Peterson looks faster too IMHO.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Interesting comparison. OJ doesn't nearly have AD's cutback ability, and his running style seems to be to take longer strides than AD.

What strikes me as being a key similarity though is each one's vision. It's like they can predict what a defender is going to do before he does it.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    Interesting comparison. OJ doesn't nearly have AD's cutback ability, and his running style seems to be to take longer strides than AD.

What strikes me as being a key similarity though is each one's vision. It's like they can predict what a defender is going to do before he does it.
    I totally agree on this statment. I think OJ has great cutback ability. Not only in these films but in all the highlights I ahve ever seen, he is typically zig zaging all over the feild.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

No way did you see OJ play if you think they are alike.
    I saw OJ play many times. OJ was a straight ahead, stand up runner with exceptional breakaway speed. Despite the highlites you watched, he didn't cut very much.

Now Peterson is an upright runner like OJ. And he has the speed to take it to the house like OJ.
    But peterson can cut on a dime, OJ never could. And Peterson has power that OJ never had.

If you want to compare Peterson to someone from the past, I would compare him to the best two sport professional athelete ever. Bo Jackson.

Bo had a short career due to a devastating hip injury. But he was the running back that AD reminds me of.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I saw OJ play many times. OJ was a straight ahead, stand up runner with exceptional breakaway speed. Despite the highlites you watched, he didn't cut very much.

Now Peterson is an upright runner like OJ. And he has the speed to take it to the house like OJ.
    But peterson can cut on a dime, OJ never could. And Peterson has power that OJ never had.

If you want to compare Peterson to someone from the past, I would compare him to the best two sport professional athelete ever. Bo Jackson.

Bo had a short career due to a devastating hip injury. But he was the running back that AD reminds me of.
    100% Agreed.

[youtube=425,350]vxnf5Tq-AcY[/youtube]

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"The" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

100% Agreed.

[youtube=425,350]vxnf5Tq-AcY[/youtube]
    Incredible. Thank you for that. I hadn't seen him run for years.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast