Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Was AD getting injured a blessing in disguise?

Of course, you never want to see your best player go down, or any of your players for that matter.
    But, in hindsight, we won both games AD was out.
    He should have fresh legs for the playoff run.
    I can see him running wild the next four games, and in the playoffs if we are fortunate enough to make it that far.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Was AD getting injured a blessing in disguise?

NO...I don't think it was a blessing at all. It did make more people realize that we have a wonderful two headed attack in the running game with C.Tay and A.P. Teams will have to concentrate more on shutting down the run and this should help T.Jack greatly in the passing area if the Coaches can find a way to take advantage of it with play action passes.....fakes and short passes into the Flats for A.P. and C. Tay etc.

The injury itself was unfortunate. It could also have negative impact on A.P. down the road somewhere as well with stats for 07 too. We will have to wait and see about that.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

A better question to ask...will AD still break the rookie rushing record of 1808? He has 1197 as of today. He would need to average a little over 150 yards per game for the last 4 but with games against the bears and broncos i think he could go for 200 against them both. What do you guys think?

It's possible clark_griswold but odds are against it. It would be an almost super-human perfromance by A.P. to pull that off. I hope he does it....stranger things have happened in the League so ??? I would not put any $$ on it though.

I will say he gets very close and would have easily broken the record if not for missing games with injury and sharing carries so much with C.Tay.

Cheers!

I think if AD hadnt got injured he'd be well on his way to the record especially missin the oakland game, would imagine him puttin up big numbers!

I thought we'd miss him more than we did but CT an TJack stood up an showed a lot of people that we rely on no one player, just make use of one of the best players in the league! 8)
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Actually Frostbite the league was not the only ones to find out about out two headed monster..... we also did....before AP's injury we did not really use the two back system that much and it was just the AP show...that worked well but using both of them is unstoppable....i think AP's injury will turn out to be a miracle in disguise because it showed us and the league that our team is more than just AP and that we have a lot more potential than previously thought....

"CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:
    Actually Frostbite the league was not the only ones to find out about out two headed monster..... we also did....before AP's injury we did not really use the two back system that much and it was just the AP show...that worked well but using both of them is unstoppable....i think AP's injury will turn out to be a miracle in disguise because it showed us and the league that our team is more than just AP and that we have a lot more potential than previously thought....

I thought most everybody in the Vikings ranks already considered Chester taylor a very good Running Back too?? Anyways...it was less of a surprise to me..

Cheers!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"clark_griswold" wrote:
    A better question to ask...will AD still break the rookie rushing record of 1808? He has 1197 as of today. He would need to average a little over 150 yards per game for the last 4 but with games against the bears and broncos i think he could go for 200 against them both. What do you guys think?
    I was thinking that myself... and I think the answer is Yes. I've learned to not doubt this kid's ability whatsoever. I'm excited to see him do it. I say he walks all over the bears again, putting up in the high 170+ region, and then 130+ on the Broncos... and I think thats being conservative on both fronts.

All I know is that the past three weeks has made me one happy man.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    NO...I don't think it was a blessing at all. It did make more people realize that we have a wonderful two headed attack in the running game with C.Tay and A.P. Teams will have to concentrate more on shutting down the run and this should help T.Jack greatly in the passing area if the Coaches can find a way to take advantage of it with play action passes.....fakes and short passes into the Flats for A.P. and C. Tay etc.

The injury itself was unfortunate. It could also have negative impact on A.P. down the road somewhere as well with stats for 07 too. We will have to wait and see about that.

Cheers!
    You hit it on the head. It was not a blessing in any way shape or form, but Chester isn't just good, he untradeable.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Without getting to much into depth what is going on, we have the best dam running back combo in the NFL at this time.....

I find it hard for anyone to argue the point.......the rest of the season will point the fact out for itself......

NordicNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast