vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

AD to get the Vikings on primetime next season

The Vikings were unfortunate to have only one primetime game this season.
    That will be Monday Dec 17th vs the Bears.
    I would have to believe that AD is the type of player that the NFL would have to market.
    I have to believe we are going to get at least 3 primetime games next season.
    Regardless, of our win and loss record at the end of this season.
    Sunday night football vs the Colts at the dome.
    It will be labeled AD vs Manning.
    Surely, the NFL will jump at that opportunity.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: AD to get the Vikings on primetime next season

"vikingivan" wrote:
    The Vikings were unfortunate to have only one primetime game this season.
    That will be Monday Dec 17th vs the Bears.
    I would have to believe that AD is the type of player that the NFL would have to market.
    I have to believe we are going to get at least 3 primetime games next season.
    Regardless, of our win and loss record at the end of this season.
    Sunday night football vs the Colts at the dome.
    It will be labeled AD vs Manning.
    Surely, the NFL will jump at that opportunity.
    i dont know if they would do AD/manning so soon if we are still average, i dont wanna be slaughtered on national TV

Thanks josdin00

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Definetly, and with any luck the team will win some of those games. Unfortunetly won't that mean that we get a slightly tougher schedule(in order to play teams like the colts).

On kfan they were talking about this weeks game being moved to 3:15 so that more people can see it. Nothing official, just speculation. Has anyone heard anything?

I got my Bears tickets in the mail and am pumped to go to that game, it is my first Monday Night game and I bet it will get pretty loud in the dome. The Bears are going to come in fired up because of what happened last time. Hopefully Peterson has another huge day.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Unless the Chargers continue to tank next year as well, I could definitely see an LT AP matchup on Monday night next year.
    Or
    perhaps a just the worst run defense in th NFL so they can watch AP go.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Definetly, and with any luck the team will win some of those games. Unfortunetly won't that mean that we get a slightly tougher schedule(in order to play teams like the colts).

On kfan they were talking about this weeks game being moved to 3:15 so that more people can see it. Nothing official, just speculation. Has anyone heard anything?

I got my Bears tickets in the mail and am pumped to go to that game, it is my first Monday Night game and I bet it will get pretty loud in the dome. The Bears are going to come in fired up because of what happened last time. Hopefully Peterson has another huge day.

Next season we will play the AFC South again.
    I am only assuming that we will get to host the Colts since the Vikings played there in 2004.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I was starting to wonder if NBC would use the flex scheduling for Sunday night games to get AD in primetime this year.

Flex scheduling begins in week 11 this year, but they're not going to move OAK@MIN into primetime. Week 12, the regularly scheduled Sunday night game is PHI@NE. They're not moving NE out of primetime. Weeks 13, 14, & 15 are CIN@PIT, IND@BAL, and WAS@NYG, respectively. I don't see them changing those. (Plus, we're already in primetime in week 15, on Monday night.)

Week 16 is the first possibility for a switched game, with the regularly scheduled game being TB@SF. However, we're playing WAS, and since we're on Monday night the week before, and WAS is scheduled to be on Sunday night the week before, we're probably not getting moved into that slot. It will probably be PHI@NO.

So, all we have left is the last week. The regularly scheduled game is KC@NYJ; a prime target to get moved to the afternoon. There will be some games that have playoff implications for both teams, like DAL@WAS, DET@GB, and TEN@IND, however Denver may still be in the race in the weak AFC West, and AD might be going for the rookie and/or all-time rushing record, so there's a chance they'd consider MIN@DEN for that slot.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:

I hope not. The Bears are playing at 3:15 as well, so if they switch it, I'll have no chance of the Vikes being on TV this week.